Subaru Alcyone SVX 1995

• Thread starter leeson
  • 9 comments
The classic that started it all...

Subaru_SVX_in_parkland_in_the_British_West_Midlands_first_registered_February_1997_3317cc.JPG

With a high-tech AWD system and super sleek design the Subaru SVX was Subaru's first venture into luxury and performance. It's unique design was penned by Giugiaro, and had an incredibly low drag co-efficient, making it quiet and efficient on the highways.

Featured only in GT2, we have not seen it in a GT title since.

The following provided by user @SVX:

An oddball car that fits with PD's car encyclopedia car list. Gone since GT2, it needs a come back!

From Wikipedia:

The Subaru Alcyone SVX, also known outside of its home market Japan as the Subaru SVX, is a two-door grand tourer coupé that was sold by Subaru, the automobile manufacturing division of Japanese transportation conglomerate Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI). Produced from 1991 to December 1996, it was FHI's first attempt to enter the luxury/performance car market. Its intention was to combine two seemingly contradictory elements—comfort and performance. The name "Alcyone" (pronounced "el-SIGH-uh-nee") refers to the brightest star in the Pleiades star cluster, on which the Subaru logo is based.

More here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Alcyone_SVX

http://www.subarusvx.com/

http://www.subarusvx.com/specs.html

800px-Subaru_SVX_in_parkland_in_the_British_West_Midlands_first_registered_February_1997_3317cc.JPG

Subaru_Alcyone_SVX_1.jpg

97engine.jpg

Engine: 3.3-liter 24-valve 6-cylinder horizontally opposed
Output: 230 bhp

0-60 MPH: 7.3 seconds
1/4 Mile: 15.4 seconds @ 92.5 mph
Skidpad: 0.85 g
Top Speed: 143 mph
Economy: 17 / 25 mpg

Weight: 3,580 pounds

Last edited by a moderator:
this car was on GT1 GT2 GT3 & GT4... I always had the race version, one with all the power possible & one built for short & bumpy courses... I used to love the car until I discovered that in real life there was a huge problem with this car because the body harness used to catch on fire... so a lot of this cars have been lost... thing is that all cars are reliable on Gran Turismo... so I want to see this back on GT6 as a premium model do0d! :D

this car was on GT1 & GT2.. I always had the race version, one with all the power possible & one built for short & bumpy courses... I used to love the car until I discovered that in real life there was a huge problem with this car because the body harness used to catch on fire... so a lot of this cars have been lost... thing is that all cars are reliable on Gran Turismo... so I want to see this back on GT6 as a premium model do0d! :D

Fixed that for you, for the truth. ;)

Fixed that for you, for the truth. ;)
I removed a whole body harness on one of them once & I worked with a technician from an Audio store to modify & redo the harness & make sure the resistance at some connectores would never change... it was a 2 weeks project & a big headache.

While it's unlikely to see it in GT Sport, I always liked it ever since I played GT1. There's something unique about it that I can't really describe. I wouldn't mind one.

Glad it's in FM6 and FH3 tho, I wonder if any other driving games has one?

Back