Subaru exhaust note, PD nailed it

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT5Pro
  • 16 comments
  • 3,220 views
Messages
471
Messages
skaterguymoose
I absolutely LOVE the whail that my Subaru burbs out the tail pipe. I bought a 22b and left the exhaust standard, when I watched the replay I almost drooled. PD without a doubt did a perfect job on the exhaust note, and the same goes for the Lancia Delta, however I don't know if the Lancia had a boxer motor or not?
 
Well, that's your opinion, so I respect it. In my opinion though, there just isn't enough rumble.
 
My fondest exhaust memory has to be a Dodge Viper tuned to the max and thrown on a drag strip in GT4 (I think it was 4). Regardless of whether it was realistic or not, the rumble was awesome.
 
I think there is ample rumble. the second you shy away from the stock exhaust note it is gone. I especially love how it rumbles up til the last 1000rpm, then it tapers off to a more traditional exhaust note. It's reminds me of a low flying cessna or something, just a great whail
 


That's what a Suby should sound like.

It's much closer to my real WRX's sound than the game.
 
have you even driven any Subaru in the game without a race exhaust? It sounds very similar to that, obviously not to that extent, but very similar. And I do agree, that sound SHOULD be what the Ti Racing Exhaust should sound like, not the default exhaust note that they use for the TRE. And that video sounds amazing.
 
I think there should be different variants of the current exhausts and whatnot in the game that would make different tones of exhaust sound and whatnot when you buy that one. Personally, I want my STi to have a deep rumble, not too big of a fan of the higher pitched sound.

But again, it's personal opinion.
 
In response to the initial post, yes I do agree the 22b has a good, quite realistic sound.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale is a straight 4 engine, not a boxer, sound isn't too great though in the game (I have an integrale in real life with a 76mm exhaust on it)
 
A few cars do sound good, LFA is the prime example:)
 
I noticed this when I was running the Grand Valley enduro. I could tell every time I lapped a Subaru:tup:
The '69 Camaro RM sounds good also(stock after RM)
 
I've driven the 22B and the "hawkeye" Sti alot (in GT5), it sounds good and at very low revs. I think 1500rpm and under, it has the rumble the you hear in real life.

I think I've read somewhere that Japanes STi's have a higher reving engine like in GT5. The EU and I think US aswell only rev up to around 7000rpm. And I've heard people say the japanese version doesn't sound as good.

They are more tunable though, I know the UK Litchfield type 25's use the japanes engines because of this.

Edit: I've found this video of a Japanese Subaru, it doesn't have rumble high up.


Non Japanese, sounds better I reckon
 
Last edited:
well if PD really did nailed it this time then its about time don't you think....took them more than a decade to make a correct exhaust sound....
 
So it seems like all of the models of subarus are japanese versions, Is that right? or is there an US or EU model in there too?
 
So it seems like all of the models of subarus are japanese versions, Is that right? or is there an US or EU model in there too?

I doubt there is but I'm not too sure, I'm not sure they would have nailed the sound even if they were EU or US models :(.
 
The main reason for differance in sound between Japanese STI, and a EU/UK not sure about the US, is down to the fact the Japanese STI's use equal length manifolds where a EU/UK STI has unequal length manifolds which gives the distinctive burble.
 
Don't do the racing exhaust on a subaru... PD did not get that one right. :(

i went back to sports.
 
Yes and getting back to SUBARU exhaust in GT5, I've noticed the standard models to produce the loudest whail with STOCK exhaust. It's pretty impressive to say the least, and it's the same note for all cars, the 22b the Legacy wagon and all other variants. Even between EJ20 JDM cars and EJ25 USDM cars, all the same very impressive exhaust note. If you want to try, go tune your 22b to 550PP on stock exhaust and tell me it isn't spot on.
 
Back