Subaru IMPREZA WRX STi '07?

• Thread starter Disengage
  • 29 comments
Anyone got a drift setting for Subaru IMPREZA WRX STi '07?

Look there are many forums already addressing the fact that DRIFTING IS RWD not AWD try looking at the thread project gymkana. I suggest looking at threads before posting anymore

Look there are many forums already addressing the fact that DRIFTING IS RWD not AWD try looking at the thread project gymkana. I suggest looking at threads before posting anymore

Drifting is "THE art of sideways" though people a lot of prefer to associate it to only front engine rear wheel drive cars.

Drifting is "THE art of sideways" though people a lot of prefer to associate it to only front engine rear wheel drive cars.

As an aspect of art, sure you could say that awd cars could fall into that catagory but those who dont properly follow the sport will take that idea and run with it and shape their beliefs of drifting on that statement. Too many people are following the clicque ken block believe that gymkana is drifting and it is not, it utilizes the technique. Which doesnt mean it is drifting....

Rant over..... :crazy:

As an aspect of art, sure you could say that awd cars could fall into that catagory but those who dont properly follow the sport will take that idea and run with it and shape their beliefs of drifting on that statement. Too many people are following the clicque ken block believe that gymkana is drifting and it is not, it utilizes the technique. Which doesnt mean it is drifting....

Rant over..... :crazy:

Its a endless cycle...Following my post trail?

Its a endless cycle...Following my post trail?

well maybe we could create a sub category to address this and direct all AWD setting and discussion there so people who actually know drifting don't have to rant so much

well maybe we could create a sub category to address this and direct all AWD setting and discussion there so people who actually know drifting don't have to rant so much

Why? If we did that. It would just take up space and we would have to make separate categories from all drive trains.

Yeah i dont really have a problem with people drifting 4wd, as long as they dont crash into me.

OP the fact of the matter is that it's MUCH easier to drift 4wd in GT5 than it is to drift RWD and few people will "respect" you for any drifting you do in a 4wd.

That said, it's still a lot of fun. My suggestion would be to get the variable center differential, switch it to something like 80/20, put comfort hards on the car and boost the horsepower above 400. If you like the way the car feels sideways, buy the drivetrain goodies and tweak the suspension.

I find that drifting in GT5 is a lot less about the setup and a lot more about knowing the basic skills. Learn about weight transfer and how to PROPERLY use the e brake. Also the sooner you switch to comfort hards for all of your drift cars the better off you'll be.

I dont drift 4wd cars but i do gymkhana them. It is much more challenging and fun. Ironically the first time i tried this i used a '10 Scooby, and IMHO it's the best i have Gymkhana'd so far

(skip to 1.30 for the action)
The setup is a 10/90 split, all parts, fully lowered

There are only two settings that you need to worry about. Set the center diff. at 10/90 and the front LSD to 5/5/5. Every other setting is up to the drifter, as it doesn't differ much from RWD. And remember HAVE FUN!

Drifting AWD is definitely way fun, but it's also incredibly easy compared to RWD drifting.

So if you want to drift AWD, find something to make it more interesting/challenging! Why not set up gymkhana layouts on TGTT using cones or even other players cars as obstacles? Work on crazy stuff like 360 entries and all that.

There's plenty of fun to be had drifting AWD, but if you just go and do what the RWDs are doing then most people aren't going to take you seriously or give you a ton of respect.

All that said...no, I don't have an STi tune :P

I don't use the car for all drifting I do Gymkhana in it. I honestly didn't think other people did Gymkhana in here that's why I stated "Drifting" sorry guys. If someone does happen to have a Gymkhana setting please send it my way.

I don't use the car for all drifting I do Gymkhana in it. I honestly didn't think other people did Gymkhana in here that's why I stated "Drifting" sorry guys. If someone does happen to have a Gymkhana setting please send it my way.

there is already a post for gymkana too mate

Work on crazy stuff like 360 entries and all that.
I do them in RWD's all the time, they're actually quite easy once you know how, add me and I'll show you :)

On 4wd's, you can't remove the power from the front completely, so my logic is, take advantage of the power to the front wheels and make something that is crazy fun, oversteers hugely, and gives you something different to drive when you have spent week drifting FR cars.

I slide with 4WD's (note I don't use the word drift) and I find it's actually better to go for a 30/70 power split and then tune the chassis for crazy oversteer, then you have the possibility to do all the crazy Ken Block stuff like full on backwards entries and then using the 4wd to pull you out of it. :) I've only got one 'gymkhana car at the moment, the older premium Mitsubishi Evo (IV or V or whatever it is), but I'll grab a scoobie and see what I can do with it. I can make it slide savagely and be huge fun, but it won't be anything like a RWD car. :)

Also, Indy Road has a fair bit of excess tarmac run off in a lot of places, and also has a fair few moveable markers, which can make for setting up a pretty cool gymkhana course.

I just grabbed the new Subaru WRX and with the right settings and suspension/toe/camber it is pretty good at driftin, can be a bit hard sometimes I'll admit as it doesn't 'stick' as well sometimes, but my god the angles you can get, also when it drifts you only see the smoke from the back. You'd almost assume its all running rear (y)

It is nice to see that others practice gymkhana. I started a car club and we hold contests with prizes(example: gymkhana tuned Subaru rally car '99). I have a few tunes for the WRX, so just message me. If you would like to come to a practice,maybe even tryout,just let me know.

Everyone is welcome

Lower all the way
Default spring rate
The rest is 4/3

Camber 3.0/1.7
Toe -.20/0.00

Lsd
5/60
5/60
5/60

40/60 diff

Tranny at 155 and comfort hard.
Fully tuned

Last edited:
I do not see how people find old threads like this. It was close to a year old! Anyway I sometimes drift my R33 because I would love for a RWD r33 but that is it, I haven't tried a STI yet.

Back