Subaru Sport Mobility Concept

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT

1698197534095.png

1698197519113.png

1698197522334.png

This concept model expresses the enjoyment that Subaru offers in the age of electrification, embodying the pleasure of going anywhere, anytime, and driving at will in everyday to extraordinary environments. Driving with peace of mind allows us to embark on exciting new adventures. This is a battery electric vehicle (BEV) concept that evokes the evolution of the SUBARU SPORT values.

The basic framework is based on the concept of a driver at the center, controlling all four wheels at will. While offering a low seating position, the car is designed to ensure excellent visibility and perceptibility for the driver, providing a package that allows for enjoyable driving with peace of mind.

Body panels are designed to minimize surfaces and character lines, creating a taut, clean, three-dimensional shape that provides a sense of protection and airflow.

Believe it or not, I like this. This is a bold design direction that I can't say I've seen from other companies and that uniqueness is something Subaru has been sorely lacking.

It reminds me a lot of the GL and XT coupes as well as the early Impreza coupes. It's tough and looks capable, while still being low enough to be sporty. It's not too lithe and obviously incapable of tough terrain like the BRZ, a car which never made much sense to me.

Big fan.

It looks so blocky, but at least it's not another crossover/SUV.

Back