Subaru SVX found abandoned

United States
United States
Hello all!

I'm a "newbie" to this forum, and just wanted to post this to let anyone who might be interested know where there is a SVX sitting abandoned. I'm not a Subaru guy, but I am a "car guy" in general. I'm hoping somebody out there will rescue the Subaru SVX that I found yesterday. The car is in West Newton, Pennsylvania, which is approximately 25 miles S.W. of Pittsburgh, PA. There are railroad tracks that run through West Newton, and the car is sitting abandoned next to the tracks. The last state inspection on the car expired in 2008, and there is no license plate on the car. There are weeds growing up around the car, and the only reason I was able to spot it is that the weeds are finally starting to die out now that autumn is on it's way. I was riding my dirt bike along the railroad tracks when I spotted the car.

The car looks to be complete, and although the rear spoiler has been pulled off, it's in the back seat. The engine appears to be unmolested. The only thing missing from under the hood is the battery, which is a good thing because it wasn't left there to eat away at the battery tray. The odometer shows 152K. The tires are still holding air, but are getting low. There is some minor rust around the rear fenders but nothing that an average body-man couldn't fix in a few hours. The clear coat is starting to disappear, and the once beautiful emerald green paint will have to be re-done. The factory stereo with both a cassette & CD player looks to be untouched, and just as a bonus, this car has a sunroof. The factory aluminum wheels are all there with their center-caps. Whoever left the car there at least had the forethought to close all the windows, so the interior, although sun-baked, is still dry. However, the doors are unlocked, so any idiot who happens by could do something stupid.

I have too many projects at home (1966 Ford Fairlane 427, Triumph Spitfire, and many motorcycles) to even think about rescuing this car, and the only thing I know about these cars is what I've read on forums like this. I'm hoping somebody out there will keep this car from being scrapped, even if it's just to use the engine in another project. It could be a really beautiful car if it was restored.

To get to the car, simply follow Rt. 136 into the town of West Newton, PA. Turn left immediately after crossing the bridge into town (before you get to the railroad tracks) and follow that road about 1/2 mile until it turns into a gravel path along the tracks. Keep to the left and do not cross over the tracks. The car is sitting next to an abandoned building that could have been a trucking depot or something similar in the past. If you need more details, feel free to email me at hellinabucket9@msn.com or leave me a voicemail at (412) 951-3807. I won't answer if I don't recognize the number, but if you leave a voicemail, I promise to call back.

Back