Subtle graphical effects ideas

Italy
Italy
Not exactly for GT6 - but for future games - maybe GT6 on PS4.

I believe those are in-line with what details PD like to implement. I understand those are "little" things but maybe time consuming to create.

Here are some ideas:

Weather - lighting's, rain "waves" - rain moved by wind, puddles and splashes (also aquaplaning but that's for physics)

In car - when raining windows gets a little of condensation around the edges (might be limited to older cars)

Seeing rain drops moving on the hood and mirrors

Fog (edit: there is fog in Willow - missed that somehow)

Falling stars - not for every track obviously but some places like highest point of Mount Panorama. You reach the top and see a falling star on last lap.

Bringing dirt and grass or sand on track after going off. These remains on track for the duration of the race and are picked by each passing car.

Last edited:
These are the kind of things that take up processing power, but that could easily be implemented in next gen hardware. It would certainly add to the immersion. Good ideas.

👍

I would much rather see track marshalls on the track, when somebody crashes heavily (oil on the track being washed out - cars going very slow (or penalty) around the accident behind safety car.)

Not subtle i know :))

Not exactly for GT6 - but for future games - maybe GT6 on PS4.

I believe those are in-line with what details PD like to implement. I understand those are "little" things but maybe time consuming to create.

Here are some ideas:

Weather - lighting's, rain "waves" - rain moved by wind, puddles and splashes (also aquaplaning but that's for physics)

In car - when raining windows gets a little of condensation around the edges (might be limited to older cars)

Seeing rain drops moving on the hood and mirrors

Fog

Falling stars - not for every track obviously but some places like highest point of Mount Panorama. You reach the top and see a falling star on last lap.

Bringing dirt and grass or sand on track after going off. These remains on track for the duration of the race and are picked by each passing car.
With the exception of the last one (which is awesome by the way 👍), I'd be too busy driving to notice most of these things. Don't get me wrong, I think these are great ideas and I'd love to see them but there's a reason this level of detail doesn't exist in games.

If there's enough free processing power then sure, the more immersion the better. I'd prefer that power is focused on things like tyre-flex/roll etc. if there isn't; all the little things that add up to the handling of the cars. I know some people want the best possible graphics and everything but they (the graphics) should never detract from the feel of driving. As I say, if there's room, bring 'em on, just so long as room isn't made for them.

I like the idea of bringing soil and grass onto the circuit. It would add an additional realism to proceedings.

For GT7 on PS4 implementing a dynamic circuit surface whereby a dry line appears after rain and having marbles off line is far more desirable and would change the complexion of GT. Ideally this would work with an updated tyre model which simulates thermal degradation.

The shooting star suggestion screams Ridge Racer to me so I'll say no to that though.

Last edited:
I love the idea of dirt, grass and chunks of tyre, stones etc. I've always wanted that as a feature. I know Shift 2 has debris build up on the edges and makes the car lose control.

F1 games feature the line appearing when racing in the wet which makes it look amazing.

Tyre flex definitely. Tyres popping too.

I'm not sure if brake wear is in GT6? if not then that could be something. Even things like a blown exhaust from scrapping the kerb, unless its kitted with flat floors.

Cars backfiring while shifting up gears would be cool. Anti-lag would be awesome too.

I think they need to cut out the deadwood with cars. I know people might love miatas but I'd say far too many. Other manufacturs need more added and changed. Like Vauxhall & Opel need seperate lists. Opel has some real historic cars that some people probs don't know exist. BMW & Ford too, so many cars missing.

I'd like racing lines generating throughout the race from the rubber that's been put down, and the marbles off the racing line with the grip calculated appropiately. Puddles and the aquaplaining they cause, as well as water streaming where it would are other things I'd like to see. Very few sims have featured these so far.

The track evolution is great in those games. I'd welcome it with open arms in GT.
Me too, me too. If you combined all racing sims, i'm sure the best racing sim ever would be created. I think project cars is going to change the scene for sims altogether. It looks really good.

Back