Sudden loss of BrF Fanatec CSL LC pedals

• Thread starter BrainsBush
  • 15 comments
Netherlands
Middelburg
Searched both official Fanatec and GT Planet (and other) forums. Could not find a topic and/or answer. Therefor a new post

CSL Elite with LC pedals (incl LC brake pedal) connected diretly to the wheel base. Latest drivers installed and everything works fine except the BrF -->

A couple of days ago my brakeforce (BrF) suddenly lost "power". For months I had BrF on 30 which was perfect but now when I touch the brake pedal very slighty it already completely fills the blue brake bar. I had to adjust to BrF 100 and then it is better (for the moment?). When I go back to BrF30 the blue brake bar is already filled for about 50%.

After some troubleshooting I also noticed that no matter what I try the 'manual brake calibration' is always turned on in the config screen. I can untick the box and then after closing and reopening the config it is ticked again?
I also tweaked around with the different elastomers which didnot solve above described situation.

Does anyone has an idea what could be the cause of this sudden change? As far as I know I did not change anything else on hard- or software side.
Did I maybe brake to hard and then the LC sensor/chip is broken? How to test that?

For the moment it works but I'm a bit afraid it is the beginning of a full failure process? Hopefully I'm wrong about this.

I also logged a support ticket at Fanatec directly but maybe because of the large community anyone else already has an answer, suggestion or a solution

Thx!
Brian

Searched both official Fanatec and GT Planet (and other) forums. Could not find a topic and/or answer. Therefor a new post

CSL Elite with LC pedals (incl LC bra9ke pedal) connected diretly to the wheel base. Latest drivers installed and everything works fine except the BrF -->

A couple of days ago my brakeforce (BrF) suddenly lost "power". For months I had BrF on 30 which was perfect but now when I touch the brake pedal very slighty it already completely fills the blue brake bar. I had to adjust to BrF 100 and then it is better (for the moment?). When I go back to BrF30 the blue brake bar is already filled for about 50%.

After some troubleshooting I also noticed that no matter what I try the 'manual brake calibration' is always turned on in the config screen. I can untick the box and then after closing and reopening the config it is ticked again?
I also tweaked around with the different elastomers which didnot solve above described situation.

Does anyone has an idea what could be the cause of this sudden change? As far as I know I did not change anything else on hard- or software side.
Did I maybe brake to hard and then the LC sensor/chip is broken? How to test that?

For the moment it works but I'm a bit afraid it is the beginning of a full failure process? Hopefully I'm wrong about this.

I also logged a support ticket at Fanatec directly but maybe because of the large community anyone else already has an answer, suggestion or a solution

Thx!
Brian

Really strange... 1st time I read about something like that!

CSL Elite with LC pedals (incl LC brake pedal) connected diretly to the wheel base. Latest drivers installed and everything works fine except the BrF -->

Thx!
Brian
Uninstall and reinstall drivers. It seems like either a software problem or the loadcell is faulty. You could also try to use them directly plugged to PC to test them in stead of the base. Contact Fanatec support ofcourse to be sure.

Uninstall and reinstall drivers. It seems like either a software problem or the loadcell is faulty. You could also try to use them directly plugged to PC to test them in stead of the base. Contact Fanatec support ofcourse to be sure.

Connectuon to pc requires add on...

Thx I already deleted and reinstalled the drivers. But will try again. Maybe I did something wrong?
Also Fanatec support already responded with the request to upload a video to make the "issue" more clear. 👍

Connectuon to pc requires add on...
Not for the CSL Elite LC pedals

IMG_4688.jpg

Без име.png

What's included
  • Loadcell brake unit
  • Loadcell Kit electronics
  • 1x clutch limiter pad
  • 1x USB cable (~3m)
  • 1x rubber pedal cover (detachable)
  • 3x pedal plate anti-skid pad (self adhesive)
  • Elastomer springs with various shore hardness
  • 2x pedal unit stabilizer bars
  • 1x Allen Key 2 mm
  • 1x Quick Guide
  • Mounting screws

Thx I already deleted and reinstalled the drivers. But will try again. Maybe I did something wrong?
Also Fanatec support already responded with the request to upload a video to make the "issue" more clear. 👍
Do you have the pedals connected via wheelbase or USB?

Not for the CSL Elite LC pedals

IMG_4688.jpg

View attachment 737211
What's included
  • Loadcell brake unit
  • Loadcell Kit electronics
  • 1x clutch limiter pad
  • 1x USB cable (~3m)
  • 1x rubber pedal cover (detachable)
  • 3x pedal plate anti-skid pad (self adhesive)
  • Elastomer springs with various shore hardness
  • 2x pedal unit stabilizer bars
  • 1x Allen Key 2 mm
  • 1x Quick Guide
  • Mounting screws
Ok!! cool!!

Do you have the pedals connected via wheelbase or USB?
directly to the wheel base. I also reinstalled the drivers for the wheel and also the software package on PC. Now I'm going to play around with the different elastomers. I think the soft yellow one has been used too much. No resistance anymore.

directly to the wheel base. I also reinstalled the drivers for the wheel and also the software package on PC. Now I'm going to play around with the different elastomers. I think the soft yellow one has been used too much. No resistance anymore.
That shouldn't be a factor for your problems. The soft foam is there more as a deadzone. Did you try the pedals directly connected to the PC like I suggested? Does it still give you the same issues?

Have you connected the LC pedals directly to the pc and updated the firmware? Just the lc pedals and disconnect the wheel base from pedals and pc.

Thx!! I connected the pedals direct via USB to PC. First a message that the latest 1.9 firmware had to be installed. After that update proces the Brf had to be decreased to 30-40 instead of 90-100. So thanks to your support it is solved 👍

I thought (misassumption) that also the pedals if connected to the wheelbase would get the latest firmware update.

Also noticed that the "jitter" of the blue bars when connected to the wheelbase is gone when the pedals are connected via USB to the PC.
Sometimes it is the throttle sometimes the brake pedal.

What is recommended --> pedals via wheelbase or USB PC. Any differences besides the separate config screen.

Ooh and I also had that hard clunk noise when turning suddenly under pressure to the right. I tightent the screws but still that annoying sound as if the wheelbase and a spring wants to 'explode'. I changed default drift from -5 to OFF and force from 100 to 70 and also this one seems to be solved.

Last edited:
What is recommended --> pedals via wheelbase or USB PC. Any differences besides the separate config screen.
  • Max resolution depending on the connection:
    • through CSW B V1 / CSW B V2 / CSW B V2.5 / CSL E WB / CSL E RW PS4: 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes
    • USB direct connection (PC): brake 16 bit (65536 values) / clutch and throttle: 12 bit (4096 values)

• Max resolution depending on the connection:
    • through CSW B V1 / CSW B V2 / CSW B V2.5 / CSL E WB / CSL E RW PS4: 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes
    • USB direct connection (PC): brake 16 bit (65536 values) / clutch and throttle: 12 bit (4096 values)
Thanks! In my work (ICT....) when someone ask what I did I often think to myself: RTFM :D
For the moment I connect the pedals directly to the PC and see over time what has my preference.

Latest Posts

Back