Suddenly my GT6 stops working properly

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnyGT
  • 10 comments
  • 1,262 views
Messages
136
Slovakia
Leopoldov
Messages
JohnyGT_91
Till 3 days ago my GT6 was working fine. I wasn't having any problem which was mentioned on this forum (697 error, disconnected from lobby, can't join lobby or race info is invalid etc.) Suddenly just 3 days ago I can't join lobby or was disconnected from it for playing about 2-5 minutes. I was also having 697 error and after huge disappointment I wanted to race just singleplayer but I cannot started a race because "race info is invalid" problem. I searched for fixes but only thing I've tried so far is restarted router because I don't know how to clear cache on my router or edit some values. When new seasonals was released I've tried to play singleplayer for a while and it looks that it now works just like before but online I was still having problem connecting to or disconnection from server. I don't know what to do. Is there someone who knows what is my problem associated with?
 
I searched for fixes but only thing I've tried so far is restarted router because I don't know how to clear cache on my router...
Routers don't have a cache, they simply act as a translator between your PC and the Internet. GT has a cache which you clear through the in-game settings menu, if that's what you're thinking of..? Try that first, if still no joy, try deleting your game data (not your save game, the install data on the PS3) and starting again from scratch. Backup your save first.
 
Routers don't have a cache, they simply act as a translator between your PC and the Internet. GT has a cache which you clear through the in-game settings menu, if that's what you're thinking of..? Try that first, if still no joy, try deleting your game data (not your save game, the install data on the PS3) and starting again from scratch. Backup your save first.

Thank you for reply. I will try and see if it works for me.
 
Still no good deleted game data, installed again, cleared cache in settings and still getting disconnections from lobby. Anything more I can try or can I just wait and hope that next update will fix that :( maybe?
 


First : Like I didn't do it first sir. Read carefully next time.
Second : I am not very good at technical terms of how internet, ports, portforwarding and other stuff works or can be edited so I just wanted to see if anyone can help me as simple as possible to fix it.
 
Till 3 days ago my GT6 was working fine. I wasn't having any problem which was mentioned on this forum (697 error, disconnected from lobby, can't join lobby or race info is invalid etc.) Suddenly just 3 days ago I can't join lobby or was disconnected from it for playing about 2-5 minutes. I was also having 697 error and after huge disappointment I wanted to race just singleplayer but I cannot started a race because "race info is invalid" problem. I searched for fixes but only thing I've tried so far is restarted router because I don't know how to clear cache on my router or edit some values. When new seasonals was released I've tried to play singleplayer for a while and it looks that it now works just like before but online I was still having problem connecting to or disconnection from server. I don't know what to do. Is there someone who knows what is my problem associated with?
Simple fix for "race info is invalid" in single player is to save the game manually and restart ps3.
Worked for me.
Hope it helps.
 
233.jpg


Am I on to something or is it useless? In Protocol section I can choose All, TCP or UDP.
 
If you're looking into portforwarding you're at the right place. According to the GT6 guide this is what you need to input:
The port numbers for Gran Turismo 6's online racing are listed below. However, depending on your fellow players' network environments, other UDP ports may also be used.
TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658


(Online play may be adversely affected if these ports are blocked by your router's firewall or by other means. In such cases, you will need to cancel LAN -> WAN (outward) packet filtering on your router.)

If that still doesn't work:
If, even after performing the above step, you are still having trouble enjoying online races while connected through a router, please set your router so that it forwards the port number noted below to your PlayStation®3 system. (To set up port forwarding, you may need to manually set the IP address on your PlayStation®3 system. To do so, select "Network Settings" from your PlayStation®3 system's XMB™, then select "Internet Connection Settings" -> "Custom", and set "IP Address Settings" to "Manual").
:)
 
After many hours I was finally able to do that port-forwarding right and it worked but there was also one thing that worked as well. Disable UPnP on my PS3 and it is working so far so good. No disconnections no errors at all.
 
Back