Suggested car for the 1979 Throwback Cup(Pro league)?

• Thread starter isamu
  • 7 comments

isamu

(Banned)
which car do you suggest for this event? Only cars from 1979 and prior are allowed but I dont own any. I wanted to buy the 250 GTO but its 20milCR!! Is there a way to purchase the 250 GTO with real money? Doesnt seem to give me the option :(

which car do you suggest for this event? Only cars from 1979 and prior are allowed but I dont own any. I wanted to buy the 250 GTO but its 20milCR!! Is there a way to purchase the 250 GTO with real money? Doesnt seem to give me the option :(

No, you can't buy the "unicorn cars" with real money.
The cheapest way in, apparently is the Aston Martin DB3S at 10 million, but, by what I've read here, you'll need to be pretty good to win!

The three that are assured to win, IMO, are the Ferrari 330 P4, the Jaguar XJ13 and the Ford Mk 4. Of those the Ferrari is the fastest, but all three are pretty much guaranteed to win if upgraded and you're not a truly awful driver.

Once you've saved 20 million, I'd go for the P4 and then "grinding" becomes much more fun, and a lot quicker, on La Sarthe..... ready for your next buy!

Well, I have good news gentlemen! I'm only 500,000 away from saving up my first $20Mill CR! Been grinding like hell doing the Beggining, Amateur and Pro Leagues over the last few days so it looks like the game knew I was saving up for this one event, and knew I wanted to eventually buy a classic Ferrari :P

So wait, are you guys saying that upon getting to 20Mil, I should buy the P4 *INSTEAD* of the 250 GTO? Awww, but the GTO is so pretty, and is the one I kinda wanted :( Is it not capable of easily winning 1st in each race? It's slower than the P4?

Well, I have good news gentlemen! I'm only 500,000 away from saving up my first $20Mill CR! Been grinding like hell doing the Beggining, Amateur and Pro Leagues over the last few days so it looks like the game knew I was saving up for this one event, and knew I wanted to eventually buy a classic Ferrari :P

So wait, are you guys saying that upon getting to 20Mil, I should buy the P4 *INSTEAD* of the 250 GTO? Awww, but the GTO is so pretty, and is the one I kinda wanted :( Is it not capable of easily winning 1st in each race? It's slower than the P4?
Based on numbers, considerably faster. But I don't have the 250 GTO so can't compare myself.

250 GTO - 296 hp, 1940 lbs
330 P4 - 449 hp, 1746 lbs

you can compare them here - https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/carlist.php?cartype=5

Back