Suggested improvements to the game

• Thread starter Alltidxx
  • 3 comments
Sweden
Sweden
TeamBubblegum
What would Codemasters or anyone else be wise to improve in an upcoming F1 title? What stuff could have made F1:CE even better? My suggestions are (and I have shared these with Codemasters a while ago):

-more helmets to choose from and helmets won as career progresses like in F1 2005. Be able to zoom the helmet chosen for a good look.
-your name on the car in career mode
-parc ferme movie to increase the sensation of acheivement
-possibly retirement video
-pitlane speed limit button and penalties
-more varied news
-perhaps more varied commentary
-driver choosing tires rather than the team to choose for you before race-pitstop. For example - in PS2 - if it just starts raining and you go in immediately, they might put on dry or intermediates. And that WILL cost you the race once the rain starts affecting the track in full wets type manner 1,5 laps later.
-a better intro with cool music. Granted, it is now better than the PS2 version which intro I puke on, but there is still room for improvement. I have never seen worse representation that the PS2 F1 2006. It conveys a crash derby game with disgusting music.
-help text in car setup is not helping. It is now only stating the obvious. One of the easisest changes to make that will make a good difference I belive
-standard gameplay replay camera + two replay modes like in formula one 2005 (glossy!)
-be able to follow certain cars from viewing in pit
-explanation on which order colors of worn tires show and the seriousness of the condition.
-why is the first driver kicked out in career mode when he should be 2nd driver instead of the 2nd driver coming back in after my promotion from 2nd to 1st?
-increased track Background detail
-movies and pictures unlockables like in MotoGp 2007.
-driving school?
-even better AI (but good now)
-safetycar? (or maybe not)
-replay availablel regardless of pit or paradelap
-change replay cameras
-re-instate speedblur
-no penalties when car touches (ex. forcing a car off-track which results in subsequent injust penalty)
-numerical speedometer (not a graph). It matters a lot for optimising gears.

What are your suggestions?

i initally turned the pentalties on, but then realized that they're just stupid the way they do it... it makes no sense to stop the car in the middle of the track...
i'd turn the penalties on ONLY if the FIA (or the PS3) forces me to go through the pit again with either the 10 sec. penalty or the drive-through penalty.. just like it is in the real race...

also, i have the feeling that when two cars touch each other sideways, the wheels of both cars are locked together for a pretty long time... i dont think that lasts in reality for that long... 2-3 seconds at most, but then one of the car should fly over the other... the crashes themselves shouldn't show all the wheels flying around, since they're attached by a flexible string...
but then again, that's really a graphics issue that they probably won't bother with...

i've also thought of the pitlane button as well... slowing down to 60-80kph before the line makes it more exciting than pushing those buttons for each of the teamcrew, because if you are pushing the button too late, you'll be penalized...

also, in my opinion, i think slick tyres are ugly!!!! i want that white stripe on my intermediates =)

btw... how did you make your voice heard to codemasters? as hardcore players, they really should pay attention to us!!!

btw... how did you make your voice heard to codemasters? as hardcore players, they really should pay attention to us!!!
I sent an email to customer support. It is true that they should care and It seems like they do care. They do have their own forums after all. This is the response I had and I'm happy with it:

Codemasters
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Formula 1 licence.

Thank you for expressing your interest in our acquisition of the official FORMULA ONE video game licence.

At the moment we have only acquired the rights and game production has not yet started, therefore we have no
information available at this time.

Please keep an eye on our website and forums at www.codemasters.com for the latest updates.

The suggestions you have made will be forwarded on to the design team.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=01882541

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

They should have improved the AI in Qualifying. Whenever you approach another driver they slow down to let you pass, but then they floor it and are on your tail throughout your entire flying lap.

Latest Posts

Back