Suggestion: More media embeddings

• Thread starter tarnheld
  • 13 comments
Germany
Bielefeld
tarnheld
With everyone waiting for GT Sport we need good background music to sooth the savage F5 hammering beast in us. :sly: So i'd like to ask if it would be possible to add more sites to the supported media embeddings? Specifically i would be interested in the soundcloud, mixcloud and bandcamp audioplayers.

And for all into spreadsheets and diagrams it would be supercool to embed google docs diagrams, perfect for organizing racing series. Here is an what an embed iframe for an google docs diagram looks like:
HTML:
<iframe width="718" height="861" seamless frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16GOSwyyrBphpEkQu6Kt_AXGvJY6Hh-J2OSK-IOFSooM/pubchart?oid=717242305&amp;format=interactive"></iframe>

Thanks in advance, keep up the great work! :gtpflag:

Spreadsheets would be great. I race in a league that uses Google Docs to display points for 5+ series, a schedule, career stats and more.

It would be really cool if we could embed that type of media. The only reason I say this is because I wouldn't want the mods getting on to me about advertising. I would really like for it to be ran here, but we use Google Docs and a Wix Site to convey everything. (Most text on the Website could be copied and pasted, so that would not be a problem.)

Unfortunately, our specific Wix site does not receive traffic like GTP does.

A quick update with my first impressions of the google sheets embed: Success seems to depend a lot on browser, on Chrome it works for me, on Firefox i get a strange "Browser Error" message and the sheet doesn't load. The Sheets contents don't usually fit into the frame, so here is a good way to get your stuff to fit: Select your cells and do Insert -> Chart and choose Table Chart for char type. Then move the char to it's own sheet: select the small button on the right upper corner of the chart and do Advanced Edit -> Move to own sheet. Now being on that sheet copy the URL and create a media embed with this url in GTPlanet. The chart should fit nicely in the GTPlanet frame. 👍

It looks like you are trying to embed an entire folder, or multiple sheets, which doesn't work. You have to share the sheet's single URL to embed one at a time.
The sheets themselves are inside the folders. I cannot figure out how to get the links on mobile. It gives me the same link even when just a sheet is opened...

Will try when I get home to a computer. 👍

EDIT: I found it.. they were so hidden!

Last edited:
Here is a test sheet, with the chart shown, please report when it doesn't work in your browser:

I Added it through the Media dialog (small video button above):
Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-03 um 22.52.30.png

Looks like this when inserted:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-03 um 22.53.04.png

Here is a table chart of the sheet, check out how the rows can be sorted by clicking on the headers:

Last edited:
The best thing about this new embed, is that these sheets/docs are live in the embed. No need to edit your post every time. 👍

No need to edit your post every time. 👍

Not even a reload of the page is needed. :dopey: But it doesn't work with Firefox here, your sheet is visible but there is a Browser Error hover over it, my charts aren't visible and also this Browser Error:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-03 um 23.26.43.png

Seems like a problem with Firefox and Google Docs, Chrome works like a charm. :odd:

Not even a reload of the page is needed. :dopey: But it doesn't work with Firefox here, your sheet is visible but there is a Browser Error hover over it, my charts aren't visible and also this Browser Error:

View attachment 554230

Seems like a problem with Firefox and Google Docs, Chrome works like a charm. :odd:
That is indeed odd... not sure why this would happen. :confused:

Back