Suggestion - Stream your videos

• Thread starter N35QU1K
  • 11 comments
Hi, all.

Lately, I've been watching a lot of your videos, and I cant help but mention something. Many of us have our videos available for download, while some of us have our videos streaming on youtube or video google, or both (i do both). I (and probably some of you out there) find it a little inconvenient to have to go through such servers as rapidshare where you have to wait 30 seconds until the vid is available for download.

My suggestion is that we all at least consider making our videos available for streaming on youtube or whatever on top of downloadability, for all those guys who dont want to go through all the waiting for downloading to finish, and the clearing up disk space after you're done with it (i overcome this by opening the file instead of saving to hard disc). I dunno, its just a lot of hassle, and i think that many would agree that when we wanna watch a video, we wanna be able to do so as soon as possible, without too much hassle. I believe that videos put on videogoogle can be instantly watched and are also available for download.

So, yeah, just a suggestion...

N35QU1K
Hi, all.

Lately, I've been watching a lot of your videos, and I cant help but mention something. Many of us have our videos available for download, while some of us have our videos streaming on youtube or video google, or both (i do both). I (and probably some of you out there) find it a little inconvenient to have to go through such servers as rapidshare where you have to wait 30 seconds until the vid is available for download.

My suggestion is that we all at least consider making our videos available for streaming on youtube or whatever on top of downloadability, for all those guys who dont want to go through all the waiting for downloading to finish, and the clearing up disk space after you're done with it (i overcome this by opening the file instead of saving to hard disc). I dunno, its just a lot of hassle, and i think that many would agree that when we wanna watch a video, we wanna be able to do so as soon as possible, without too much hassle. I believe that videos put on videogoogle can be instantly watched and are also available for download.

So, yeah, just a suggestion...
thats deff. not a good idea if some people host their vids on their own site. streaming vids really EATS the bandwidth up, costing the site owner money if you cause them to go over their monthly bandwidth usage. which in effect could cause them to either, get really mad, get really mad and broke, or really mad and siteless because their site is no longer up because of bandwidth usage.

Suzuki
thats deff. not a good idea if some people host their vids on their own site. streaming vids really EATS the bandwidth up, costing the site owner money if you cause them to go over their monthly bandwidth usage. which in effect could cause them to either, get really mad, get really mad and broke, or really mad and siteless because their site is no longer up because of bandwidth usage.

Bandwith won't be an issue. Go back and read the whole post. :sly:

luftrofl
Bandwith won't be an issue. Go back and read the whole post. :sly:
:crazy: bad things happen when your sleepy.
anyway,... i didnt know you could download from google?
err i see it now, has it always been there?

yousendit.com is a great way to host videos or putfile.com
If I like a video enough I just host it off of my own site since I have over 60gb of bandwidth. :sly:
I have never even come close to maxing it out yet in the last year.
The most bandwidth I think I have ever used was around 10gb in one month. Thats no where even near 60gb a month.

yousendit is about the worst way to host vids.... 7 days or 25 downloads - that just not enough for our purposes.
I like to think my offer to host vids permanently and for free is better than that. But filefront is really good if you can't be bothered to PM me or use a FTP client.

With that out of the way, I suppose streaming vids isn't a bad idea if on a host that will keep the vid permanently. Personally, I still prefer downloading vids. In-browser players often give me trouble if I need to pause or want to rewind vids, and sometimes the video doesn't load at all for me.

I also try to DL any video instead of watching it thru the browser. I always try to "right click save as" first. Even on gametrailers.com I do the same thing with every video. "Right click save as"

Boundary Layer
Personally, I still prefer downloading vids. In-browser players often give me trouble if I need to pause or want to rewind vids, and sometimes the video doesn't load at all for me.
I agree. As a newbie drifter I prefer to download the video and use it as a references. I have to watch it over and over again.

But In-browser player like putfile also allow us to download that video.

Me I prefer pufile cause they aren't the one who compress my video. So it keep the quality of the video very clean.

Like this one:
http://media.putfile.com/PGR3-new-cars

Yep, It look uber clean even at 1000kb/s!

EDIT: Sorry, but I haven't recorded any PS2 games since I've discovered how to desinterlace a video. >_>

It depends-Imagine If FBI streamed their vids,do you think they would look as cool if they were compresed by some streaming service?

I made a test video full of FBI-like effects(not a drift vid,I was testing different formats and stuff).

my 75 MB wmv test vid's,when converted into a .FLV using Total Video converter was considerably smaller,bit the effects were choppy,and didn't look as it was originally intended.

So,if someone uses effects in the video,he should not make it streamable.

But if it's a video of one lap mated to some music then it isn't important.

Yes there are streaming service sites that don't compress your vid,but if you made your vif with quality of the video itself in mind,and if you put it on such site,and someone who has slower connection,is better off DL-ing the vid than
streaming it.

My 2 Zentz.

Well, you know, it's always nice to have options, you know? I mean, not everyone wants to wait for a video to finish downloading before they get to watch it. Meh, that's just me.

Back