Suggestion to Polyphony for Group 2 (Gr.2)

Brazil
Brazil
The Gr.2 class is quite messy and unorthodox. But there are two solutions to maintain at least some harmony. The first, Polyphony had the great idea to manufacture fictional GT3 (Gr.3) cars, since not all automakers had models dedicated to that category. I think it could take the same initiative for Gr.2 and create fictional cars based on supercar models that already exist.

Group 2 corresponds in the real world to the old GT1 class that today SRO is tentatively trying to rescue. That way, PD just takes some of these supercars and creates their fictional versions of GT1. Some automakers even already have their GT1 semi-ready versions, so to speak. All these cars below could be adapted for Gr.2 version, adding fins, diffusers and body kits, creating prototypes models:

• Ford GT MK II Track-Only
  • McLaren Senna GTR
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Pagani Zonda GTR
  • Ferrari FXX-K Evo
  • AMG-Mercedes Project-One
  • Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • Porsche 918 Spyder
  • Porsche New 935
  • Lamboghini Essenza SV12
  • Bugatti Chiron
Example of aesthetics:

In this way, the World Series GT could not only be restricted to the Gr.3 and Gr.4 categories. Of course, the Gr.2 could be complemented with cars from the last or this season of Super GT, however, they would only be models of the three Japanese brands, without forgetting to point out that they are not GT1 cars themselves, but silhouette cars.

The second solution would be to create silhouette car models, in order to create fictional versions, based on the cars of the old DTM and the current Super GT. The Subaru WRX Gr.3 itself and the Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.3 are fictional versions GT300 cars.

Last edited:
While I agree that Gr.2 is probably the most overlooked classed and needs many new cars, there are plenty of real world cars they could add that are already up to Gr.2 specifications:

Nissan R390 GT1 '97 or '98
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-GTR *Not to be confused with the CLK-LM we already have.
Lotus Elise GT1
Porsche 911 GT1-98
Maserati MC12 GT1
Saleen S7R .etc

While I agree that Gr.2 is probably the most overlooked classed and needs many new cars, there are plenty of real world cars they could add that are already up to Gr.2 specifications:

Nissan R390 GT1 '97 or '98
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-GTR *Not to be confused with the CLK-LM we already have.
Lotus Elise GT1
Porsche 911 GT1-98
Maserati MC12 GT1
Saleen S7R .etc
Yes. I know these models, they are from the FIA GT1 and from Le Mans '97 and '98. They are opponents of the two cars that are already in Gr.2.

I don't know if the S7 and MC12 are compatible with the FIA GT1 class of the 90's. The GT1 class of the 2000's had a lower performance, if I'm not mistaken, given that its opponent DB9 GT1 '10 is in the Gr.3.

It turns out that, even so, it would be a category made up of old cars or silhouettes cars from Super GT.

In my opinion, the best solution to bring modern and current cars would be to adhere to the same method they did in Gr.3 and create fictional cars from an existing supercar.

Last edited:
Back