Suggestion: Why not let those Patreon guys pay to support this GTp website?

Cote DIvoire
@home
Maybe wrong section but moderators feel free to move it to the right section.

I do see lately members who are posting mods that can be downloaded from a paywall, like Patreon or an online store. Why not ask these guys a small fee like €3,- for publishing ever time the (Patreon) link, like as an sample the guy here below. If not willing to sponsor GTp then the advertising link will be deleted. Sorry Pyyer its not personal its only a sample, if have problems or feeling angry, I will delete this quote.
just my 2cents.
For the big Nürburgring fans out there, I have just released an exclusive extension for the 2022 Nürburgring 24 hours :)

Available at my patreon as an exclusive content (Kunos Nürburgring DLC is required)

Here are the details
  • 2022 Updated boards physics and textures
  • 2022 bridges sponsors
  • Animated bridge at Nordschleife / Nurburgring junction
  • 2022 flags
  • Updated chicane physics (no more walls + new cones)
  • Green Hell turn sign
  • Sabine Shmitz turn sign
  • Turn 1 Ground Texture
  • Animated Video displays
  • Lights and laser beams extension fixes

And some screenshots :)

Problem with hiding things behind a "Paywall" is pressing F12 or using things like CTRL+C, Save Image As or what ever means you can take what ever is behind the paywall and at that point you can share it for free.
You can have the latest and greatest script that prevents you from right clicking on a web page, but these scripts are just a waste of CPU cycles and NAND cells as simple plug ins like no script disables them, plus it wont stop F12 or using CTRL+I.
There are always ways around things.

Problem with hiding things behind a "Paywall" is pressing F12 or using things like CTRL+C, Save Image As or what ever means you can take what ever is behind the paywall and at that point you can share it for free.
You can have the latest and greatest script that prevents you from right clicking on a web page, but these scripts are just a waste of CPU cycles and NAND cells as simple plug ins like no script disables them, plus it wont stop F12 or using CTRL+I.
Mmm, then try to open the patreon mod as been published in my first post, let me know if you can extract that Nurburgring mod from locked Patreon.

Mmm, then try to open the patreon mod as been published in my first post, let me know if you can extract that Nurburgring mod from locked Patreon.
I can't get access to it unless I am supporting you, but that's a permission thing.

But let say I am a supporter.
Nothing to stop me from sharing your tunes on to those whom are not supporters of you,
This is what I am talking about.
Some sites have right click protection on them in an attempt to stop copying of content, these "protections" are done by scripts, scripts which can be blocked by plugins like no-script or bypassed with F12 or CTRL+I or even prntscrn.

Depending on how the staff or the mod developer views it, posting a paymod (commercial or Patreon-walled) may also violation of this:

• You will not use the forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.
  • You will not use the forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, pirated commercial multimedia files, “cracks”, or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer software or systems.
Its not about forbidden or rules, but about forcing to let those guys pay the sponsorship for this GTp-website.
IIRC there was an interpretation of the "advertisements or solicitations outside of designated areas or without proper authorization" that basically require you to put banner ads, which pays for the site. I don't think that works for a mod though.

Last edited:
Back