Suggestions for Cars to Gift to Friend Just Starting Out

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zero7159
  • 22 comments
  • 1,703 views
Messages
560
United States
United States
Hey guys, I am sitting on over 900 cars and have over 19 million in credits. I have a friend who is just starting GT5. I want to help him out by gifting cars to him. What do you guys suggest? I am thinking it would be best to send him cars that he can use to ace the seasonals. Is there still a one car per day, 1 million credit limit? If so, that means I cannot gift him some awesome race cars to ace the dream car and real circuit tours seasonals.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Hey guys, I am sitting on over 900 cars and have over 19 million in credits. I have a friend who is just starting GT5. I want to help him out by gifting cars to him. What do you guys suggest? I am thinking it would be best to send him cars that he can use to ace the seasonals. Is there still a one car per day, 1 million credit limit? If so, that means I cannot gift him some awesome race cars to ace the dream car and real circuit tours seasonals.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!

1. Yes, the trade limit of $1M is still in place as well as the 1 trade per "trade day" per PS3.

2. You can't directly send him those high-priced cars, but if you have high-level tickets, you can send him those and then he can learn how to grind the tickets and get the cars he wants from them.

3. If he is just starting out, send him cars that he can beat the lower Seasonals with, like a pre-1979 Japanese Car, a Super GT, and a European Hatch, for instance. He can beat those immediate Seasonals from there, and then he will be able to grind a ton of cash and can buy all of the cars he needs, once he levels up. 👍

Then, once he has the cars that will beat the Online B-Spec challenge on SPA, he can grind $8M an hour. ;)

$8M an Hour
 
Last edited:
You can put up a few of those high priced cars for him to borrow too.
 
You can put up a few of those high priced cars for him to borrow too.

Yes, good point. I sometimes forget that you can borrow cars for Seasonals. 👍

You just can't use them in an online lobby.
 
With borrowed cars and the seasonal races he can be level 30 and have over 100 cars in a day.

Think about how different that is from when we got the game on release day, seeing a 1 or 2 million credit car in the ucd and no way to get it cause the highest payout was 36,000. And then when you got high enough level you could do In the Wind for almost 100,000! :lol:
 
With borrowed cars and the seasonal races he can be level 30 and have over 100 cars in a day.

Think about how different that is from when we got the game on release day, seeing a 1 or 2 million credit car in the ucd and no way to get it cause the highest payout was 36,000. And then when you got high enough level you could do In the Wind for almost 100,000! :lol:

The good old days... i remember i had to work for the STI i wanted from the NCD...

I say gift him a corvette ZR1 RM. it was helpful before i got the really pricey cars
 
salikriaz
I say gift him a corvette ZR1 RM. it was helpful before i got the really pricey cars
+1. The RM corvette will allow him to win the "like the wind" race and get the minolta. Easy to ace everything with that.
 
Toyota 86 GT '12 is a great starter car that can also be used for lots of seasonal events (runs great at 400pp and 500pp, for instance, and crushes the Japanese Championship A-spec series and the Tuner Car series when maxed out).

ZR-1 'Vette, especially RM'd, will get you through so many events it's not even funny.

A good FF car - Integra Type R works wonders.

A good Japanese classic. Any ideas?

A good American classic/musclecar. An RM'd '70 Challenger R/T is awesome, and will beat most if not all of the classic race events.

Something in a lightweight Kei car and a Euro hatch. Hmmmm... Capuccino is decent when hopped up, and so many cars qualify as "hatchbacks" (including a Ferrari 458 Italia!,which also comes in mighty handy for the Cavallino events!)

Oh, and by the way, that "$1m trade limit" is really closer to a "half-million" trade limit - anything even approaching the vicinity of a millon credits is untradeable, including SuperGT cars that sell for $750,000!
 
Last edited:
For Japanese classics i used the Toyota 2000gt 67... but that may be a little hard to come by
 
GT500 NSX, tell him to do the bspec race at Spa and buy his own cars........:sly:
 
+1. The RM corvette will allow him to win the "like the wind" race and get the minolta. Easy to ace everything with that.

That Minolta does come in mighty handy, doesn't it?
 
For Japanese classics i used the Toyota 2000gt 67... but that may be a little hard to come by

I honestly cannot remember what I used for that one. Heck, it's been more than a year!

They say memory's the first thing to go with age. Or was it hearing? I can't remember, and I didn't hear it clearly the first time anyway...
 
I used an almost fully tuned Cosmo for this one,won quite easily.
 
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. My friend has the GT5 XL package with DLC. I gifted him a fully tuned Mini Cooper, for the European hot hatch event, and I "shared" with my friends my Minolta, Corvette ZR-1, Yellowhat and Nissan class 2000GT-R for other seasonals.
 
Last edited:
Yeah ZR1 was a good choice,RGT is good for the 500pp B spec races and either MR2 G Limited '97 or 200SX Type X '96 for the 400pp ones.
 
Instead of giving him cars, tell him to stay off racing soft tyres and overpowered cars in A-Spec. That way he has a chance of enjoying this game.
 
Personally, give him some rally cars too for the other races..

For me, I would give them an evo,sti and an r35 gtr.. A lot of fun when tuned..

Dont forget about the Lamborghini , ferrari races too.. Perhaps an 458 italia too?

What's your friends tag, I can sen something over.. With over 1900 cars.. There has to be something for your mate.
 
Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!

Buy your mate a Peugeot 207 GTi from the New Car Dealers, apply this BUILD to it and then gift it to him. He can then run the Euro Hot Hatch Event until he's floating in Cr 👍

{Cy}
 
Buy your mate a Peugeot 207 GTi from the New Car Dealers, apply this BUILD to it and then gift it to him. He can then run the Euro Hot Hatch Event until he's floating in Cr 👍

{Cy}

Thanks. I will build and gift this to him tonight. I might also build and keep one for myself. LOL! :sly:
 
Instead of giving him cars, tell him to stay off racing soft tyres and overpowered cars in A-Spec. That way he has a chance of enjoying this game.

Fair point. I have been playing GT5 since release in November 2010, almost daily. I have played this game up to 10 hours in one day. I have completed aspec, with the exception of the ridiculous 9 hour and 24 hour enduros, and have completed all of bspec. I am a level 39 aspec and a level 40 bspec. Although GT5 is my favorite game of all time, it was a grind during the first few months. Its no fun to have to run the same event many times just to level up to some new events I can run. That happened to me during the first few months of the game. Yes, I like to be rewarded with cars for my hard work, but I much prefer the Forza 3 and 4 career mode, where there are a ton of events and thus there is always something to do no matter what is in your garage. Where GT5 really hooked me though was when we saw the seasonals come. The seasonals have provided plenty of challenge, yet they provide enough reward such that I can get the cars that I want. So, now I am sitting on $19 million credits and over 900 cars. The reason I am helping my friend get a head start is so that he can avoid the boring grind, and instead focus on having fun with the game. He is an experienced sim racer (Forza 3 and 4) and will no doubt avoid running solely with overpowered aspec cars with racing soft tires.
 
Thanks. I will build and gift this to him tonight. I might also build and keep one for myself. LOL! :sly:

Enjoy. It's cheap and cheerful and will earn you and your mate lots of Cr and XP 👍

{Cy}
 
@Zero7159 gifting your friend a couple cars that he can easily win the seasonal races with is the most helpful way to go. Because of the high payouts in both Cr. and XP he will rapidly be able to buy any cars he wants and compete in any of the A-Spec events he wants. Then he can focus on buying, tuning and racing only the cars he enjoys and not having to grind through events he doesn't enjoy or drive cars he doesn't care for.

A couple months back I set up a second account. I gifted myself 2 cars to use in the seasonals that were available then. I had the accounts A-Spec level in the 30s before I ever did a single one of the normal in game races or events.:D
 
Back