Suggestions for first time wheel user?

United States
United States
Hello all, i've finally decided to purchase a proper racing setup after trying Assetto Corsa with a gamepad and failing miserably. I want to also be able to use it on other racing games aswell.

My budget atm is about $500-600.

I'm not looking for anything in particular but I would like the option to use paddle shift if possible.

Hello all, i've finally decided to purchase a proper racing setup after trying Assetto Corsa with a gamepad and failing miserably. I want to also be able to use it on other racing games aswell.

My budget atm is about $500-600.

I'm not looking for anything in particular but I would like the option to use paddle shift if possible.
It would help if you can add what country you're from because $500 can vary a lot depending on that. It could get you a CSL Elite in one country but only a G29 or T150 in another. Also what platform do you want to play on (PC, PS4/5 or XBox)?

It would help if you can add what country you're from because $500 can vary a lot depending on that. It could get you a CSL Elite in one country but only a G29 or T150 in another. Also what platform do you want to play on (PC, PS4/5 or XBox)?

My bad for the late response but I play on all three listed platforms but only primarily play simulation games on PC. If there's a wheel that's compatible with PS4/XB1/PC that would be great but I mainly want one for PC.

And i'm from the United States btw.

My bad for the late response but I play on all three listed platforms but only primarily play simulation games on PC. If there's a wheel that's compatible with PS4/XB1/PC that would be great but I mainly want one for PC.

And i'm from the United States btw.
All good 👍

The CSL Elite F1 ($599 US) set falls into the top end of your price range so this is what I would recommend to anyone in your position. With Sim racing gear it's always best to go as high as you can within your budget because you really do ''get what you pay for'' in terms of feel and quality.

CSL_Elite_F1_Set_Product_Page_top_banner_1280x1280.jpg

It sits at the top end of the mid-range sector for wheels and would be an excellent starter bundle. While it's not compatible out of the box with all three platforms it does has the ability to be upgradeable to be compatible with all three. Fanatec's range also has a great ecosystem so you have a great deal of options, like adding a load cell brake pedal, upgrading to better pedals, or adding an XBox rim so then you'd have cross platform compatibility.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/bundles/c...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Back