Suggestions for next Horizon game

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 7 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
Throw out your ideas for making the next Horizon even better. I'll start with a couple of my own.

Give us more options than "white male" for the character we play. Not everyone who plays this game is white and/or male. The player can choose the gander and skin tone, just like choosing an avatar on the XBox. The spoken dialogue in the game would only need a few tweaks. "The new guy" or "the new girl" pretty much covers it.

More races for lower class cars. There is only one D class race in the game. Nothing for F or E. There is only one C class street race. I love the lower class cars, but I can't really race them as is because there are so few racing options available for them. At least without modifying them, and that's not really what I want to do. What's the point of buying a 1957 Ferrari 250 if I have to modify it so it performs like a modern Mustang GT? Just buy the Mustang and save a lot of money. No, instead, just give us more races for lower class cars.

I agree on all points and while they are at it, more races for R1 & R2 class cars, I have a couple of FXX's and no races for them. What were they thinking?

1) Copy physics straight from the next Forza Motorsport game.
2) Import all cars from the next Forza Motorsport game.
3) Make DLC packs contain ten cars.
4) Add tuning.
5) Make the world either more open (more driving off the road) or make it substantially bigger.
6) As always, event creator.

I agree with Popluxe Cowboy's suggestions, I'd like to see more low-class races too.

1. Random and/or selectable weather, just having rain would have added a lot to the first game
  2. A more varied environment, with greater elevation changes and snow-capped mountains with icy roads at the top; longer interstates networked across the whole map so that they're a "get there faster" option like in real life and offer more in terms of racing (like a beltline/loop)
  3. Rally should return for the second game (on disc this time?), and how about some rough trails for the SUVs to strut their stuff, if there's no plan for that for Horizon (crossing fingers for a second expansion); the option to go scraping through the woods in a car would make this even better :D
  4. Headlights/brights toggle button, wipers with the weather (no toggle is okay); perhaps a window button a la TDU to get "bumper-cam" sound with the interior view
  5. License plates you don't have to paint yourself (and can actually apply to all cars), mudflaps for all cars, customizable interiors (including the factory color choice); a better distribution of aesthetic part choices across models
  6. Police chase events, but NONE in free roam to nag you when you're just driving for fun; while I'm mentioning nagging, banish Alice or any similar character from the series forever
  7. No more excessive barriers everywhere and invisible walls, more trees and rougher dirt/grass to encourage the player to stay on the road instead, like on some of the Rally stages
Before FH2 copies FM5's physics, I'd like to see FM5 copy FH1's improvements to the physics first. The biggest alteration to handling was the tire model, if not for that Horizon would actually be the more realistic game, IMO.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me.. but I hardly ever go off the road because nearly every time I ever have I've ended up on my roof or facing where I came from :lol: but there are definitely some areas where it should be more punishing.

The ability to run headlights completely off would be a good laugh in addition to the brights toggle.

I personally don't think police should make an appearance. The comparisons to NFS are already vast and there's no need for more, plus it's meant to be all about driving without restrictions. Having police (Even in the situation you describe) would ruin it for me IMO.

Other than that, everything you've said Wolfe :)

All I ask is:

A straight port of FM physics and engine sounds.

Graphics in their 60 fps true to life glory.

A theme more along the lines of Fast and Furious, I think that would work well for a "Horizon" game.

The ability to run headlights completely off would be a good laugh in addition to the brights toggle.

I personally don't think police should make an appearance. The comparisons to NFS are already vast and there's no need for more, plus it's meant to be all about driving without restrictions. Having police (Even in the situation you describe) would ruin it for me IMO.
With the permanent full moon as it's implemented now, you don't even really need headlights. I tend to keep the brightness setting on the low side to add some challenge and realism.

I don't care about comparisons to NFS, but I agree that police could potentially ruin the experience they've got going now. I'd rather they skip police entirely than make it too restrictive/intrusive.

2) Import all cars from the next Forza Motorsport game.
3) Make DLC packs contain ten cars.
4) Add tuning.
5) Make the world either more open (more driving off the road) or make it substantially bigger.
6) As always, event creator.

This.

Plus weather like rain and snow.
More obvious surfaces(mud, ice, wet tarmac, ect.)
Longer single-player mode.
More expansive dirt play from the get-go.
More cosmetic upgrades. (Like fender flares)

Back