Howdy 🤠
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
RoJJieE
mb6roj
Sunday Cup - The Mighty March

Wait, What?

There are a lot of premium cars available for less than 20,000 credits in GT5. The two most popular choices are the EK9 Honda Civic Type R and the NA Mazda Eunos Roadster. Personally I went for the Civic. Anyway, there are a few cars in that list of cheap premiums that rarely or never got picked for starter car duty. The Toyota Vitz RS is one, which is surprising because it’s one of the more useful starter cars. Another is the Nissan March 12SR, which is actually underused for genuine reasons. One being it’s no more useful than a Civic Type R, so there’s no point buying the slower March and another being that it’s not going to be a pocket rocket no matter how much you tune it. So it’s for that reason then, that we’re going to take the March for a thrash in the Sunday Cup, the first race series everyone does to begin their GT5 career.

The Mighty March

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give, you, The Mighty March!

NissanMicra-008.jpg

For 17,830 credits, this is what the Pacific Blue cutey has to offer after bringing it home.

Displacement: 1240 cc
Max. Power: 105BHP/7000rpm (Dealership claims 108BHP/6900rpm)
Max. Torque: 13gfm/3500rpm (Dealership claims 13.70kgfm/3600rpm)
Drivetrain: FF
Length: 3735 mm
Width: 1670 mm
Height: 1505 mm
Weight: 960kg
Performance Points: 340 (Dealership claims 344)
Performance at 0 miles, no oil change and no other modifications. Manual transmission used and all aids turned off except for ABS at 1. Settings were not changed from dealership specifications.

Quite the little nipper then. So, keeping with the Sunday Cup spirit, we’re going to spend the remaining 2,170 credits from the 20,000 credits you would’ve started with on some modifications. First up, a sports exhaust for 1,500 credits, which looks like crap to be honest. I could probably buy that exhaust tip from Halfords for £50 in real life and then regret it dearly. To go with it, a wing for 500 credits, that looks like it was nicked from a MkIV Supra and then bolted onto the hatch of the March.

NissanMicra-009.jpg

The new parts bring the specs up to 109BHP/7100rpm, 13kgfm/3600rpm and bumps the PP up to 347 after lowering the downforce to 5.

Race 1

So, finally we’re going to actually drive this thing. The first race is at Autumn Ring Mini and lasts 3 laps. Racing against me are 7 of the world’s greatest Sunday Cup warriors.

Starting in pole position, we have Rotary Junkie in his Mazda 6!

NissanMicra-010.jpg

Rotary Junkie is a veteran driver here in the Sunday Cup. He has defeated many up and coming racers, including you. He enjoys Mazda and long walks down the Mazda.

Starting in second place, I. Simon, otherwise known as iSimon. He will be driving a Nissan Silvia S13 Q’s, otherwise known as the crap one.

NissanMicra-011.jpg

iSimon is sponsored by Apple and receives a lot of sponsorship money from them. Unfortunately, instead of spending the money on buying a better car, he spends his money on all the latest Apple products like the mindless sheep that he is.

Starting in third, A. Mitchell driving a Honda Fit.

NissanMicra-012.jpg

It is unknown whether A. Mitchell is related to the Eastenders character or related to the comedian, but what we do know, is that his Honda Fit has beaten the best of the best here.

In forth, H. Nishimur… in a Honda CR-X Del Sol.

NissanMicra-013.jpg

H.Nishimur… has a surname so large, it can’t fit on the information boards. He has claimed many victories here and his Del Sol is a force to be reckoned with once VTEC kicks in.

In fifth, it is I, VTiRoj in The Mighty March.

NissanMicra-014.jpg

Despite being at a disadvantage car-wise, my god-like driving skills and all-round badassery is more than enough to topple the best of Sunday Cup drivers.

In sixth, P.Reynolds in the Daihatsu Storia.

NissanMicra-015.jpg

Reynolds is a regular here, but has never claimed podium. He can’t afford to replace his Storia because of all the X2010’s ramming him off the road every time he goes online.

In seventh, O. de Smet, aka Ode in the Peugeot 206.

NissanMicra-016.jpg

Ode cant afford a car of his own, so he borrows his sister’s car to race, so he can win money to buy his own car. Unfortunately for Ode, his sister’s 206 is a terrible car and constantly breaks down.

And finally in eighth, C-Zeta in the Citroen C4 Coupe.

NissanMicra-017.jpg

C-Zeta often comes here in disguised cars to test settings for his tuning shop and for his Grand PriX fan fic. I fear the day he decides to bring the GT by Citroen or Alfa Romeo TZ2 here.

The race begins and The Mighty March charges towards the first corner, chasing down Nishimur…’s Del Sol. Nishimur… is held up by Mitchell’s Fit, allowing the March to pass around the outside like a total boss. Mitchell is immediately under fire by the March coming up to the second corner. Mitchell brakes late but the March can brake even later. The March flies past the Fit and nearly removes iSimon’s rear bumper. iSimon is easily overtaken on the short straight between corners 2 and 3, it’s clear that the Q’s lacks any sort of power, even against a March. The March is now in second place and slowly gaining on Rotary Junkie’s 6. Rotary Junkie’s tuning seems to be an even match with my badman driving. The March closes in on the 6 after every turn, but after turn 6, Rotary Junkie is still a 4 car lengths ahead. Rotary Junkie is leading after the last turn of lap 1, ahead by 2 car lengths now. The March manages to carry more speed around the corner and is able to crawl up the side of the 6 on the start/finish straight. Both cars cross the line to start lap 2. The March’s first lap took only 49.930 seconds.

NissanMicra-018.jpg

NissanMicra-019.jpg

NissanMicra-020.jpg

NissanMicra-021.jpg

The March takes the 6 by surprise right at the beginning, diving down the inside to take the lead at the first corner. The March runs wide, there’s not enough RKM magic in the chassis to keep it in line. Rotary Junkie sees a chance and tries to retake the lead, only to be blocked by the March at the corner exit. Rotary Junkie quits at this point, finally realising that despite all the tuning and all the Mazda, he can’t stand up to The Mighty March. By the end of the lap, Rotary Junkie is trailing behind. The March managed the fastest lap at the end of lap 2, achieving a lap time of 49.703 seconds.

NissanMicra-022.jpg

NissanMicra-023.jpg

The final lap begins with an amazing first corner, followed by a complete fail at turn 2. The March decided it wanted to play in the sand like the complete child that it is. This gave Rotary Junkie the chance to close the gap, although it wasn’t enough to worry The Mighty March or take first from it. Rotary Junkie felt some déjà vu after watching the March leave him behind for the second time, although not as much as before. At the end of lap 3, the March wins with a lap time of 50.672 seconds. Rotary Junkie crosses the line 1.992 seconds later. A. Mitchell manages third place, overtaking iSimon’s awful Q’s Silvia, who actually managed to stay ahead of Nishimur…’s Del Sol somehow. Reynold’s Storia managed to stay ahead of C-Zeta’s C4, a small victory in itself. Trailing behind was Ode’s 206, which was suffering from every disease known to car by the end of the race.

NissanMicra-024.jpg

NissanMicra-025.jpg

So after the first race at Autumn Ring, the March has proven its worth, earning 4,100 credits and some exp for its troubles. We’ll be back next time with round 2 of the Sunday Cup, coming to you from Grand Valley Speedway East.

Race 2 here!
Race 3 here!

Last edited:
Ever thought of calling it "The Imperial March"? ;)

When I saw my name in this at first I had a laughing fit that lasted a whole minute. :lol: Good on you Roj for including me in the story ;) It's just...my mum drives a Micra as well. It's the sad, sad truth. (It's actually the 03 standard model in this game. I have one in the same silver colour as my mum's, but mine's modified :rolleyes: )

When I saw my name in this at first I had a laughing fit that lasted a whole minute. :lol: Good on you Roj for including me in the story ;) It's just...my mum drives a Micra as well. It's the sad, sad truth. (It's actually the 03 standard model in this game. I have one in the same silver colour as my mum's, but mine's modified :rolleyes: )

The moment I saw the C4, I thought of you. :sly: I had no idea your mum drives a Micra! How fitting that you ended up in this race then. :D

Modify!

If you remember, we only spent 2,000 credits modifying our March. Now we’ve been given another 4,100 credits and combined with the change from our last shopping spree, we have a total of 4,270 credits to spend on more modifications. Since we added a sports exhaust last time, it’s only right that we buy a filter to go with it. 450 credits go on a shiny red one. Then, we decided to get some sweet new wheels to go with the mad wing. 3,500 credits later, the March is sitting on some bling bling shoes. With 320 credits remaining and nothing to buy, its time to race.

NissanMicra-026.jpg

The wheels didn’t reduce any weight, but the filter bumped up power to 113BHP/7100rpm, 14kgfm/3600rpm and now our PP is 351.

Race 2

After last race, there’s a lot of pressure on us to do as well as we did before. We apparently have a small fan club now. Again, 7 of the best Sunday Cup racers will be on the track alongside me.

Starting on pole is C-Zeta once again, driving a red C4 this time.

NissanMicra-027.jpg

When C-Zeta has finished testing, he begins his writing, whilst driving. For a normal person, this is difficult and leads to a horrific accident. Not for C-Zeta though, when he writes and drives, he actually goes faster.

In second place, R. Marty in the Silvia S14 Q’s.

NissanMicra-028.jpg

R. Marty is the newbie here today. He’s still level 0 and has no licence. Marty needs to perform well today so we don’t write nasty things about him next time.

Starting in third, C. Scholz in the Tigra.

NissanMicra-029.jpg

C. Scholz is unsure of his gender. Visually, he is clearly male, but his choice of car is that of a female. He races in an attempt to realise his true self.

In forth, K. Herman in the Lupo GTI.

NissanMicra-030.jpg

Herman likes dub, so he plays dubstep in his VDub, so he can dub while he dubs. We call it dubception.

In fifth, it’s me again in The Mighty March.

NissanMicra-031.jpg

Nothing can stop The Mighty March now. Its power level goes far and beyond nyan-thousand.

In sixth, V. Lorente in the CR-X Del Sol.

NissanMicra-032.jpg

Lorente is a ballin’ gangster OG. He doesn’t care if the haters hate on his ride, because he can’t hear them over the sound of his B16. VTEC fo’ life dude!

In seventh, F. Moss in the WiLL VS.

NissanMicra-033.jpg

F. Moss is unrelated to Sterling Moss, but wishes to be adopted by him. Sterling told F. that if he could win the F1 championship 10 times in a row, he would adopt him. So here he is at the Sunday Cup, because no F1 team wanted him.

And lastly, G. Scherer in the Daihatsu Storia.

NissanMicra-034.jpg

Scherer is an active swapper on Craigslist. Starting out with a broken watch, he now has a fully functioning Daihatsu Storia. He’s looking to swap it for a small hatchback. If you’re interested, give him a call.

The race starts and immediately Lorente’s Del Sol is trying to start beef with The Mighty March. However we saw what he did there and let him take the inside going into turn 1. He thought he was a total badman until he realised I had just sent him into a traffic jam behind Herman and Scholz. Who be the badman now Lorente? The Mighty March took to the outside, passing Lorente, Herman and Scholz in one swift move. It was then full steam ahead to catch up to Marty in the S14, leading up into the second and third corner. At turn 4 we were right behind Marty, with C-Zeta leading the pack, furiously writing chapters whilst he raced. The March stuck to the S14 tight, clearing turns 5 and 6, then into the tunnel. Marty started blocking like an annoying Tekken player. He blocked all the way until the final turn, where his lack of experience cost him second place. It was now me vs C-Zeta, for real. The March couldn’t gain on the C4 down the main straight, C-Zeta’s writing was simply too good. We ended lap 1 with a time of 1:32.000.

NissanMicra-035.jpg

NissanMicra-036.jpg

NissanMicra-037.jpg

NissanMicra-038.jpg

Flying into turn 1, the March is already on C-Zeta’s backside. The pen is mightier than the sword, but the March is just that much more mightier. The March cruises around the C4, forcing C-Zeta to erase his last paragraph. The March makes a run for it as C-Zeta’s pen starts becoming wilder and wilder. The March’s tyres scream as they struggle for grip, trying to stay ahead of the C4 and C-Zeta’s crazy pen. C-Zeta started to close in through the tunnel, but lost all hope of catching the March at all after the March flew threw the final section. The speed carried into the final straight was enough to beat C-Zeta once and for all. With a lap time of 1:27.316, C-Zeta could do nothing but finish the race 1.231 seconds behind.

NissanMicra-039.jpg

NissanMicra-040.jpg

Another 4,100 credits gained and another round over. Join us next time for the third and final round of the Sunday Cup at Tsukuba Circuit.

Multitasking is futile, as it would so seem. :lol: Well done again, Roj. I'd love to see you do the last race in the March whilst it's stock... :mischievous:

Is it just me or do those rims resemble Union Jacks?

Multitasking is futile, as it would so seem. :lol: Well done again, Roj. I'd love to see you do the last race in the March whilst it's stock... :mischievous:
But you drive faster when you write and drive! :lol:

It would still win, I've barely modified the March so far anyway. :P
Is it just me or do those rims resemble Union Jacks?

Yeah they resemble Union Jacks. Shame I cant paint them in 3 different colours. :lol:

Third and final part will be up tonight.

Transform!

It’s that time where the March receives it’s final upgrades. With 4,420 credits to play with, we’re unfortunately 80 credits away from a turbo. However, we can splash out on other things, like suspension. Since Tsukuba is up next, handling is key to victory. A fixed sports suspension kit is purchased for 3,000 credits and another 1,000 credits is spent on a sports ECU. Now we’ve only got 420 credits, which we’ll put aside for later.

There’s nothing to adjust on the fixed sports kit, but power is now up to 120BHP/7300rpm and 14kgfm/3800rpm. The March’s PP is now 358. Onwards then, to victory!

Race 3

This is it, the third and final race. It’s here that the March will finally earn its place alongside the Civic and MX-5, as a useful starter car. The journey has been tough, but this will be the toughest road yet. Two laps of Tsukuba, lets do this.

Starting on pole is P. Muller in the Alfa 147.

NissanMicra-041.jpg

By Clarkson’s logic, Muller is a proper petrolhead. He owns an Alfa Romeo and when it isn’t broken down, he enjoys it more than anyone will enjoy any other car. That’s just how Alfa Romeo’s are.

Starting in second place, F. Ikonen in a March 12SR… wait, what?

NissanMicra-042.jpg

Has my little series inspired someone to give the March some love? Granted it’s an AI but still! It’s still good to see nonetheless.

In third, T. Hertz in the Barchetta.

NissanMicra-043.jpg

Hertz wanted an alternative to the MX-5. After watching an episode of TG, he saw Hammond’s Barchetta and the light bulb lit up. Personally, the Z3 would’ve been better.

In forth, it’s D. David in the Clio.

NissanMicra-044.jpg

David is just a chav. Ignore the chav and he’ll go away.

In fifth, the man, the myth, the legend. Me, in The Mighty March.

NissanMicra-045.jpg

The Mighty March is a cool car and doesn’t afraid of anything. Eight cars enter, one car leaves. And so on and so forth. The March has this in the bag really.

In sixth, T. Pichon in the Celica.

NissanMicra-046.jpg

Pichon remembers the old Toyota. The good Toyota. The Toyota that gave us the Celica, MR-2, Supra and the AE86.

In seventh, K. Salminen in another Del Sol for the third time this series.

NissanMicra-047.jpg

Salminen is another newbie driver. Having spent days looking for his first car, he settled on a high-mileage Del Sol. His dream is to win the Nurburgring 24 hours in a Honda NSX GT500. Good luck to you Salminen.

And lastly, Rotary Junkie in the Demio.

NissanMicra-048.jpg

RJ’s 6 blew it’s motor after last meeting, hence his absence at Grand Valley. Now he’s back with a smaller, but seemingly appropriate car for Tsukuba.

The race begins and The Mighty March rushes towards to first corner and smacks the chav in the Clio. Take that you anti-social scumbag! Both the Clio and Barchetta are overtaken at the first corner, bringing us right behind our twin March. Our plan for him? Perhaps take him out to prove March superiority? Nah, I think we’ll push him ahead of the Alfa! We pushed our twin through the second hairpin and the Dunlop curve until the back straight. I then realised this mission was futile because the 147 actually started to get away from us, so I ditched the twin and went after it in hot pursuit. We managed to overtake it just after the start/finish line. Lap 1 ends with a time of 1:20.221, considering our antics, I think that’s okay!

NissanMicra-049.jpg

NissanMicra-050.jpg

NissanMicra-051.jpg

NissanMicra-052.jpg

Lap 2 begins and by the first corner we’re already in front. The March is battered and bruised but otherwise in top shape. The March forged on, extending the lead to massive heights, leaving the Alfa dead and buried. The lap was otherwise uneventful. A lap time of 1:14.337 marks the end of this race, finishing 4.571 seconds ahead of the Alfa. A convincing victory indeed.

NissanMicra-053.jpg

Our final payment of 4,100 credits marks the end of this race series. I don’t get a shiny new car because this isn’t a new save and I’ve won the car before. Actually I won it about 8 months ago. How time flies eh?

Finished!

So that marks the end of this little series! I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this fun series and if you haven’t, I must ask why you kept reading it. In any case, thank you and I’ll see you next time.

Epilogue

The Mighty March came out of the body shop, completely healed after sustaining cosmetic damage at Tsukuba. It turned to its friends and family and said, “I’m done. It’s over.” Suddenly, the March Super Turbo showed up and rolled up to The Mighty March. “Train me.” It said. “Coach me to become a great racer like you.” The Mighty March turned around and said, “I’m not a great racer.” There was an awkward silence. “I’m the best damn racer to ever come out of the garage. Now get your ass to the track and give me 20 hot laps!” The March Super Turbo jumped with joy. “Aye captain!” And so began the journey of the crouching March, hidden spoiler.

Isn't it strange that the acronym for "anti-social scumbag" is A.S.S.? :D

I'd like to see you try the Japanese Championship in the Bread Van. Or, if that's going to absolutely destroy the opposition, use it in the Turbo Championship.

I tried a fully tuned Autobacs Garaiya (not the Super GT or JGTC version, the road one) in the Super GT and it held up pretty well. Also I really wanna replicate my first win in the Like the Wind race at Indy in the stock Mazda 787B Stealth...0.001 second victory that was. :D

I did something similar but with the Suzuki Swift Sports 05', nippy litle car it is!
Yeah I love the Swift I tuned up. :D
I'd like to see you try the Japanese Championship in the Bread Van. Or, if that's going to absolutely destroy the opposition, use it in the Turbo Championship.
It would destroy the turbo championship too, but then again the whole point is to screw around, so yeah that could work. :lol:

Back