Sunday Morning Casual Classics 10:30 GMTOpen 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 14 comments
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
*NOTE- I have switched to Sunday mornings because so few people are online Thursday morning.

Sunday morning, I'm going to be running a room for pre-1980 cars. This gathering is for drivers looking for clean and fun racing. It will be a public room at least for the first while. There will be multiple short races and usually one main event. I'm still actively playing GT6 and will be on PS3 for the forseeable future. My hope is for this to be a place we can appreciate older cars and simply have fun. I'm not a very fast racer (ds3 user), and ALL skill levels are welcome.

All you need to do is show up with a selection (or one!)of older cars in your garage. Here are the rules:
1- Be courteous (no swearing, hitting people intentionally, overly aggressive driving)
2- Make sure your car is 1979 or older (possibly changing to 1989 or older depending on what people want)
3- Have fun!

So, even if you can only make it for one 5 lap race, drop in! The time is 5:30am Eastern, 10:30 GMT. I look forward to hearing from some of you, either on here or hit me up on PSN (Bic44). See you on the track!

First main event
(5 min qualifying starts at 6:10)
Location - Spa (7 laps)
450 pp, SH tires
Prohibited - NOS, SRF, Active Steering, ASM
Penalties will be set to weak and mechanical damage will be set to light.

Even though this is titled "main event", it is still going to be relatively short to keep a casual feel to the group. No commitments are necessary. And if you have a suggestion for a race, by all means let me know!

* The tire wear and fuel consumption will be set to very fast as will the time progression. We will be racing through the night (close to 24hrs, or 24 mins real time) with a chance of rain.

Last edited:
It's been a while. Hi Benny. :)

I'm not on much at the moment which means that when I am, casual is all I can really do.
I'll keep an eye out for this if I'm on at the right time one day.

Good luck. 👍

Sorry I missed this, was having a productive morning working from home. Then I dozed off through the middle of the morning. :lol:

Sorry I missed this, was having a productive morning working from home. Then I dozed off through the middle of the morning. :lol:
No worries! Was kind of a trial run and nobody showed up anyway:boggled:. But, I won:D. I'm thinking I might try this Sunday morning....it may be simply a bad time for almost everyone:confused:. I'll change the title of this thread shortly to Sunday. Weekend early birds on this side of the pond and on the other side you can still have a sleep in Sunday:tup:

Maybe run it any time you are online and see some PSN Friends? Usually a short PSN Message is enough to drag a friend out of Quick Match, especially for a short test run of each race you have planned. (Compress a season into a casual hour or so.)

Maybe run it any time you are online and see some PSN Friends? Usually a short PSN Message is enough to drag a friend out of Quick Match, especially for a short test run of each race you have planned. (Compress a season into a casual hour or so.)
Yes, I will give that a try. I haven't hosted very much so I appreciate the info

Well, a few showed up, although I don't believe any were on this site :-). Had a blast on Sunday and hope to get a few more this Sunday.
I left the room and a couple hours later a guy who raced in the first race messaged me to show me the room was almost full. I checked the room and there was a lot of good clean racing happening. Nice to see you can still find good races in public lobbies.

It's an excellent format and a sporting host. @Benny44 even dropped out of a race to kick a ramming random, who had joined using a 1996 racing car and was side-swiping on straights tried to PIT me and was straight-lining chicanes.

The room ran all through the middle of the day! I stayed in it as host and must have driven 10 cars I'd never turned a wheel in before. Along with 5 or so old favourites.

CM tyres on these cars works great, once you get used to it.

I love the CM tires @BenMillard ....I think it really limits the people who join the room to drivers who are doing it for fun and not just to win. If you only use RS you'll be in a wall on the first turn.

Sorry I haven't had time to get an event up for tomorrow yet. Just sold my car and got another one, so I've been tied up with that. But....I'm thinking something like CH; London; and maybe limiting length of vehicle and PP set to 350. Was experimenting with Honda vs Nissan and had an absolute blast just hotlapping by myself in an S500. Would make a fun & tight little race! I wish I could manually restrict the year of the car & maybe a few other details. But making it FR and limiting length and make may, in effect, do that.

I'll try and get something up here a little later this evening even if it's short notice

Did your session run?

Doing it impromptu, message PSN Friends when they are on. as an open lobby in your Club, with a couple of TTs in your Club, could help people get involved. And get some cars prepared.

Autumn Ring Mini, 3 laps, was a great way to learn the tyres. No big breaking zones and plenty of camber was a friendly environment.

450pp and put a year limit in the event name. You don't see description in an online lobby.

I'm staying out of town until Monday.

Did your session run?

Doing it impromptu, message PSN Friends when they are on. as an open lobby in your Club, with a couple of TTs in your Club, could help people get involved. And get some cars prepared.

Autumn Ring Mini, 3 laps, was a great way to learn the tyres. No big breaking zones and plenty of camber was a friendly environment.

450pp and put a year limit in the event name. You don't see description in an online lobby.

I'm staying out of town until Monday.
It's funny you say that...I have a club I run now for some family and close friends....we get together once a week. But I've been experimenting with TTs in that club, and just started playing with my other PSN name, working my way up to National A license so I can start another club and do TTs. That SHOULD bring a few people in. I'll post it here and rename the thread. If I get enough interest, I should be able to run a weekly classics room, maybe even a series if I get organized.

Unfortunately no one on my friends list was online this morning. But I'll keep at it - it may work eventually. The TTs should be fun anyway. Thanks for the advice. Enjoy the rest of your out of town time

Back