Sunday Suzuka carnage !

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eggy
  • 11 comments
  • 1,369 views
Messages
119
Messages
MrBebe
Here's a heads up guys,
Sunday afternoons are not, I repeat are not a good time to race. I spent a few races with GTP_AdotF and I'm sure he'd agree that it was utter carnage out there today.
If you survived the first corner without getting rammed or shunted you were sure to be hit in the coming "S" bends. That is if the race lasted that long without the host quitting. That was the maddest I've ever seen it out there today. I was kinda thinking that in future Sunday afternoons might be a good time for the EU guys to try and meet up but I'm way off the mark. So far I think late in the evenings would be a better time to try and meet.

PS Racing with other GTP members is excellent. A couple of time myself and GTP_AdotF waited for each other if we'd been knocked off track. I would've relly liked to have a chance to get back at the rest of the back as a team but again the host quit so we didn't get chance.

Anyway, See you after 10:30pm GMT guys as this afternoon stuff is madness.

Ben
 
No time is a good time until PD allows us to create our own rooms it will be like this yesterday I played 5 straight suzuki circuit races & couldn't get 30 seconds into my lap before the host left I'll just stick to time trials
 
I'll join Suzuka now and see...

edit: i got matching failed 3 times in a row, never happened before... restarting game

edit2: didn't help :'(
 
i had some nice races at suzuka this saturday afternoon/night.. pacific time.
but since they added daytona its hard to find opponents late at night for suzuka.
i hope i can race against some european guys somedays.
cheers!
 
i had some nice races at suzuka this saturday afternoon/night.. pacific time.
but since they added daytona its hard to find opponents late at night for suzuka.
i hope i can race against some european guys somedays.
cheers!

Could be laggy to play around the world, just look at the early online videos.
 
I find 6 AM to 8 AM are pretty good times for clean racing.
 
I'd suggest visiting this thread before you play online. It's the place where we (most of us) setup times to play together.

We just had a few good races on Fuji before laggers came in and ruined the races, well atleast for me. :grumpy:
 
I always race at night, but the thing is i do not seem to come across gtp racers, only spanish people (es)...

But the races are good must say that, mostly clean overtaking, good fights...
 
Yesterday I spent my first afternoon playing GT5p online and it was truly shocking. It resembled little more than a destruction derby without the consequences of damage.

The sooner this game gets damage, the better, in my mind. Try and take a corner at full speed? Why not there's no penalty half the time. If people drove cleanly I'd have probably won most of the my races but drafting you and ramming you off seems to be the way to go in most cases.

Even though I moved into the expert classes to try and find a cleaner race it was no better. TBH if you can stay out of trouble and lap consistently you'll probably win by default. The erratic stuttering rebound across the tracks is the real killer. What sort of connection are these people playing on?

Oh yeah, everyone is only using 2 cars, the Elise and the GT40.

A disappointing experience. Back to fast lapping with s2 tyres on no QT option I think. Hopefully if a few weeks the idiot element will have got bored of the game. Either that or PD comes up with private rooms for no aids racing without QT.
 
in 600PP everyone seems to use Tuned Clio's. Early morning and late night are pretty good times but as gregc has already pointed out it can be difficult being awake at both times!
 
Back