sup guys new here

  • Thread starter Thread starter ehpawk
  • 5 comments
  • 471 views
Messages
3
just got gran turismo a few weeks ago and the game is great, i played the hell out of gt1 but got out of it because of school and such. but now i have time and finally can play again and lucky me they are on 4..

anyway here is my question, why the hell would i lose horsepower on my fully tricked out mustang by adding a supercharger? i just dont get it, you think after all the **** that has been done to it a supercharger would be the pinnacle for the machine.

thanks in advance
 
You probably added something you shouldn't or haven't changed the oil. I'm betting you haven't changed the oil because I think it was N/A engines that lose power by putting on an intercooler.
 
Welcome.

Your problem is probably caused by the supercharger taking the "spot" of NA tuning. In GT4 you get to choose one of three types of upgrades: supercharger, turbo, or NA.
 
yea but it doesnt effect turbocharged cars.. oh well hope they fix this in gt5
 
ehpawk
yea but it doesnt effect turbocharged cars.. oh well hope they fix this in gt5

It works exactly the same way with turbochargers -- in other words, turbocharging negates the NA tuning.

The reason why turbocharging still raises the horsepower is because turbocharging is capable of much higher HP numbers than supercharging.
 
It affects any cars. If you tune a car one way and then try to add another, the first one is being removed, just like luftrofl said. You have to choose one of the three.

EDIT: Wolfe 2x7 👍

Regards
the Interceptor

P.S.: Strange ... I had this very question in mind when I got up this morning. I mean I knew the answer, but somehow I thought it would be asked here today. Hmmm ... :nervous:
 
Back