Super Confused...Please Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter VanderbroTT
  • 11 comments
  • 777 views
Messages
241
Messages
VanderbroTT
So I had a fully tuned Challenger R/T '70 which had 780hp. I decided to race modify it and it told me that the upgrades I put on it would be replaced by the racing modification...Ok cool.

So I finish race modifying it and it's HP shoots down to like 490hp...I think, "that's ok, I'll just go add upgrades to it again", but when I went to go tune it once again it already had all the best parts on it, minus one or two, which I added, but that only brought its HP up to like 599hp.

My question is, why does a race modify'd Challenger R/T '70 with all the same tuned parts as an non-race modify'd Challenger not have the same HP? I pretty much lost 180hp when I was trying to make the care BETTER!
 
It's because the Race Modification takes off any upgrades you had, but you still own them. If you go to the tuning menu in the garage you'll see that a lot of your parts just need to be reequipped.
 
It's because the Race Modification takes off any upgrades you had, but you still own them. If you go to the tuning menu in the garage you'll see that a lot of your parts just need to be reequipped.

I did reequip them and the highest I can make it go is 599hp.
 
I haven't experienced this myself but I have heard of this glitch. You basicaly loose HP after doing the race mod. You might try doing a search for that topic.

So any car you plan on race modding should have the race modding done first I'm guessing.

EDIT: it looks like what I relayed was totaly wrong
 
Last edited:
Sorry, you were right...I hadn't equipped all of it, but I can't get back to the 780hp I was at, I can only get to 764hp.
 
Sorry, you were right...I hadn't equipped all of it, but I can't get back to the 780hp I was at, I can only get to 764hp.

Maybe try another oil change?
 
Have you checked if its much lighter ? Or maybe it just turns much better so you get better round times. HP is not everything :D
 
HP is not everything :D

Not sure if RM'ing does it to everything, but I'd happily sacrifice a few horses for the ability to adjust the front downforce!
 
Says it doesn't need an oil change...Perhaps the engine is brand new and I need to break it in again? I remember when I first got the Challenger, for the first 150km or so the HP slowly climbed up like 13 or 14 horses.
 
Says it doesn't need an oil change...Perhaps the engine is brand new and I need to break it in again? I remember when I first got the Challenger, for the first 150km or so the HP slowly climbed up like 13 or 14 horses.

Now that you mention it, when I RM'd my Vette, my hp did go up after some time. So maybe it just needs to be broken in. But I never put a single upgrade on it before I modded it, so I don't know how the HP's would've compared.

Does the car drive better than before you did the RM?
 
Interesting, I never paid attention to see if there is a break in change. I have always wondered why my brand new cars don't have the HP they're supposed to have.
 
Now that you mention it, when I RM'd my Vette, my hp did go up after some time. So maybe it just needs to be broken in. But I never put a single upgrade on it before I modded it, so I don't know how the HP's would've compared.

Does the car drive better than before you did the RM?

Wow I'm actually very surprised at how much better the handling is after the RM. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually had a hard time losing control, barely understeers at all compared to before. Feels like there is a lot more grip on the track. I highly recommend RM'ing your challenger if you are having a hard time taming it.
 
Back