There are many racing cars in Gran Turismo that have been created by PD that don't belong to any sort of championship. All the way back from the original Gran Turismo with the LM Edition cars and the Racing Modify tuned cars all the way up to the LM Race Cars of GT5.
I want to create a championship that has the soul of the Gran Turismo series based around the perfomances of these LM Edition cars.
Cars
The class should be fairly open so you wouldn't be limited to using these LM Race Cars but the performance regulations would be set so that they are most competitive.
As the LM race cars seem similar to GT1-2-3 or VLN spec cars I'm assuming that they use the production chassis.
This would mean that SuperGT, DTM, Le Mans Prototype, F1 etc are not allowed, which I think is right as those cars have a championship of their own.
Tuned cars and production cars would be allowed for anyone who wants to enter a tuned production car or RM.
I had a quick look at the performance figures of the previous LM Edition cars and compared it to the current LM Race Cars and racing cars in GT5.
The Gran Turismo LM Edition cars had a large variation in HP and weight but their performances were comparable so the regulations will be based around PP for GT5.
The performance seems to be in the region of 600PP and I think that is a good performance standard for this class.
Tyre choice will the Racing but the compound will be chosen by vote most likely if the championship is to go ahead.
Tracks will include a variation of Original and Real World, a few I will chose and the rest will go to vote. The number of rounds will be in the region of 6-10 of 100-200km in length.
Championship would start Mid-End September 2011 if there is interest.
Reply if you are interested.
I want to create a championship that has the soul of the Gran Turismo series based around the perfomances of these LM Edition cars.
Cars
The class should be fairly open so you wouldn't be limited to using these LM Race Cars but the performance regulations would be set so that they are most competitive.
As the LM race cars seem similar to GT1-2-3 or VLN spec cars I'm assuming that they use the production chassis.
This would mean that SuperGT, DTM, Le Mans Prototype, F1 etc are not allowed, which I think is right as those cars have a championship of their own.
Tuned cars and production cars would be allowed for anyone who wants to enter a tuned production car or RM.
I had a quick look at the performance figures of the previous LM Edition cars and compared it to the current LM Race Cars and racing cars in GT5.
The Gran Turismo LM Edition cars had a large variation in HP and weight but their performances were comparable so the regulations will be based around PP for GT5.
The performance seems to be in the region of 600PP and I think that is a good performance standard for this class.
Tyre choice will the Racing but the compound will be chosen by vote most likely if the championship is to go ahead.
Tracks will include a variation of Original and Real World, a few I will chose and the rest will go to vote. The number of rounds will be in the region of 6-10 of 100-200km in length.
Championship would start Mid-End September 2011 if there is interest.
Reply if you are interested.
Last edited: