Super GT

• Thread starter machscnel
  • 7 comments
GTP_machschnel
With the inclusion of NASCAR and WRC to GT5, both as official (although not exclusive) licenses', I'm wondering if the Super GT racing series will be added official as well, or like in the past where a few cars were added.

To me atleast I thought Super GT would be the first license announced. Strong ties with Polyphony, most popular Japanese racing series/most popular racing game in Japan.... I know they were in the trailer, but they weren't shown in the same "official" context as NASCAR and WRC.

I have no doubts that these great cars will be in the game, I'm just trying to work out exactly what it is to have an official license, and if maybe Polyphony already has one for Super GT. Would you call the series appearance in GT4 "official"?

I imagine that if they do add the JGTC licence it will be announced in Japan as that is where it will have the most impact.

Hope so. It would be great having not just WRC and F1. I love Super GT.

Super GT was known as JGTC in 2005, which was when GT4 was released. In GT4, the JGTC cars all had JGTC in brackets after the car name. Same with the D1 cars. So Polyphony must have had some kind of license... if you look in the credits in the GT4 book, the one in the case, you see there is come copyright information pertaining to D1 licensing.

So, here's hoping GT5 will have more than just WRC and NASCAR. I mean, Kazunori said that the trailer shows only a tiny portion of what's to come.

PD already had the JGTC license and they do have the Super GT license, it was used in GT2, GT3 and GT4 or did you miss the GT300 and GT500 events in GT2 and then the All Japan GT Championships in GT3 and GT4.

PD already had the JGTC license and they do have the Super GT license, it was used in GT2, GT3 and GT4 or did you miss the GT300 and GT500 events in GT2 and then the All Japan GT Championships in GT3 and GT4.

I did see them (and race them), they weren't meant with the same fanfare as NASCAR and WRC, even though you could argure that it is more popular (in Japan).

Yeah that's about right the Super GT is split into two classes GT300 and GT500, the GT300 cars are limited to around 300bhp and the GT500 limited to around 500bhp (imaginately). The cars and competitions ave featured in GT gaems since GT2 thouh in GT2 the cars power figures were exagerrated. I think they intended them to be running without restrictor plates on. GT3 and GT4 had them with thier proper power but then along with all the other race cars, allwed you to increase the power via Turbo and/or NA tune upgrades.
Cars like the RE Amemiya RX7 and ASL Gariya GT car are examples of GT300 class cars in GT4.
The NISMO GT-R race cars, Toyota Supra GT race cars and Honda NSX GT race cars are examples of GT500 class cars in GT4.

I did see them (and race them), they weren't meant with the same fanfare as NASCAR and WRC, even though you could argure that it is more popular (in Japan).
Doesn't matter, it's still an official license in use. They arn't going to make a major point now about including an event based on a license they've had and used for the last 10 years.

Back