Super mini hybrid WIP

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 8 comments
Ok i've only got some basic plans at the moment because my Max drive shouldnt come for a couple of days but here it is so far. Im checking things off the list that you are given in MK's program.

Chassis: narrowed down to AC Cobra, Alto Works and Stratos (if possible)
Suspension: Nissan R32 GTR
Brakes: Polyphony 001
Wheels: still looking
Engine: still looking
Colour: Silver

I've seen that someone has already made some crazy uber mini that wheelies and does over 200mph so im just trying to make a high performance one that drives nivcely and has a fair bit of umph too. The RWD and AWD chassis of the narrowed down car chassis should make this car a lot more fun to drive and maybe drift... I'll keep you posted with pics and more info on the car as it develops.

Suggestions for undecided parts are welcome.

I'll throw in some suggestions:

Flywheel & Brakes: F1
Suspension: Sample 001 (Adjustable from 55mm to 250mm)
Engine: GT40, Calibra, maybe an RGT, or even F094/Polyphony 001

cool, thanks. When you take the drivetrain/chassis from a car does the wheelbase stay the same? For example, if I put the RWD drivetrain for a supra in my mini, will it have a huge wheelbase? If so then im having a hard time finding the right chassis, the closest I found was the Lancia Stratos but I dont think that's in GT3. Any help chassis wise?

yeah, you can use the Stratos chassis. It's on the CD. I used that for one of my mini hybrids.

The drivetrain doesn't affect the wheelbase. Only the chassis does.

oh ok, that takes a whole load off my mind then. I was looking for ages ot find a car with a similar wheelbase lol. So does the chassis only affect the weight?

ah, cool, thanks for the help daan.

Im off on a 2 day mountain biking/camping trip tomorrow so I should have my max drive by the time I get back.

Yeah, make sure you pick a chassis that is very close to the same size as the car in question... Otherwise the wheels will look really funny and stick through the body, in some cases...

The drivetrain doesn't effect anything but which wheels are powered...

I had a Mini with a 4 rotor from the 787B and F1 tires, that smoked... You might want to give that one a go... Just remember, hybriding can often take a lot of trial and error before you get it right...

;)

Yea, im trying to read up on how to do it so I know just what to do when I get the Max Drive. But then it's gonna take some experience too. Anyway, i'm off now on my 2 day cycling trip. We're taking whiskey for when we're camping:D.

Camping = Boring
Camping + Penthurst offroad club = Fun
Camping + Penthurst + WHISKEY = WOOO! LETS GET F@#$?D!

Back