Super Speedway 150 Miles

• Thread starter flyingkiwi
  • 13 comments
Vehicle
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car 1998, which 918 horsepower, super-hard tyres (with R2 and R3 options) and a chassis tune-up.

Practice time: 31.244

Line-up
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car 1998
Chevolet Camaro LM Race Car 2001 :lol:
Nissan R89C Race Car 1989:nervous:
Pescaroro Courage C60 Race Car 2003
Audi R8 2001
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car 1998

Very good line-up, I must say. The Audi should be strong on its tyre-wear, so I predict that it will be as much as a five-way race at this stage. Here we go!!!

Laps 1-20
Well, it looks like it is all over already, in terms of a race win. I am 23 seconds behind the R89, in 4th place. The Audi in 2nd, and the Pescaroro in 3rd. I got past the Pescaroro at one stage, but as his tyres warmed up he sped away up the road. The cars in front seems to be doing 29s-30s. I am stuck in the 31s. :( Wonder how long each cars tyres will last for (my only remaining hope for a podium).

Laps 21-50
I get lapped by the R89 on about lap 23. Then my tyres go off around lap 30, and I get lapped by the Audi and the Pescarolo. I finally pit on lap 37, and change to R2s. The R390 briefly passes me for 4th, but I get him back about two laps later. The R89 pits on about lap 42, so I get one lap back. Now one lap down, and running in the high 30s. I seem to be lapping the same pace as the R89, who is about 2 seconds behind me (albeit already one lap up). The Audi and the Pescarolo seem to have greater fuel capacity :odd: because I reckon I would have run out by lap 40.

Laps 51-100
Pitted again on lap 64, and changed back to R1s for the run home. The Audi and the Pescarolo pit on about lap 98 (I hate it when the a1 cars pit right at the end, why don't they just pit on lap 50 FFS??). The R89 thus sweeps around to victory. I finish in 4th, down 3 laps.:indiff:

Final Results
Nissan R89 Race Car 1998 52:04.923
Audi R8 +27.404
Pescarolo +1 lap
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car +3 laps
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car +7 laps
Chevolet Camaro LM Race Car +15 laps (why do they even let it enter??).

Fastest lap : 30.753 (on R2s)

Ah well. It was a decent attempt, this race took me ages!!! Would've liked to see some pics. Have you already won it, or are you just entertaining us?

Well, in that case... I actually used the Black GT-One race car for it. Otherwise, the Sauber should be a perfect overkill for that race!

Well, i ran about low 28's, but i b-spec'd the entire race. Just make sure your tyres last at least 34 laps, and you'll be fine. Hopefully.

Back again after more than three years!

This is a very good AI lineup, probably the best I have ever faced (only 89 A-spec points!:odd::)

Toyota 7 Race Car 840hp, 620kg
BMW V12 LMR Race Car 839hp, 900kg
Nissan R92CP Race Car 1001hp, 900kg
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car 965hp, 850kg
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car 837hp, 1000kg
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Stage 4 Turbo, 902hp, 950kg

As usual, each set of race tyres (Super hard, Hard, and Medium) must be used for 25% of the race. Since the race is very short with only two pitstops, I need to think carefully about how long I want to stay on each set of tyres.

Laps 1-20
I start on Super-hard tyres, aiming to run until about one-third race distance on them.

I get by the Mercedes easily but then struggle for grip as the other AIs vanish into the distance. I hit the wall on the exit of turn 1 on lap 5 which costs me about 2 seconds and by the end of lap 10 I am 15s behind the leading Minolta. The Toyota 7 had the honor of leading the first 8 laps.

I realise very quickly that the BMW McLaren is completly out of its depth on this circuit as the Minolta breezes past me on lap 16, followed by the R92. They have so much more grip and downforce in the corners that it is not funny.:crazy:

Laps 21-40
I get lapped for the second time on lap 30 and also get lapped by the Toyota 7. In turn, I lap the Mercedes, so you can tell that the field is already spread out! So much for a close race.:yuck:

I pit on lap 31 after a stint of 31-32s laps. I switch to hard tyres, hoping for a drastic improvement in lap times.

I improve my laptimes by a second on average, which is still nowhere near fast enough to challenge the Minolta or R92, who must be comfortably in the 28s. I occupy myself with a good battle with the Toyota 7, whilst the two leaders pit within a couple of laps of each other around lap 40.

Laps 41-60
The battle with the Toyota 7 continues until he pits around lap 48. The BMW has the best tyre durability, pitting after lap 50 for his only stop of the race.

My hard tyres go off after only 20 or so laps but I stretch my stint out to 25 laps so I can change to R3 tyres for the remainder of the race. I have to do three pitstops, however.:indiff: When I rejoin, I am 4 laps down on the Minolta.

Laps 61-100
The last part of the race is frustrating as I have to pit on laps 75 and 89 as my R3 tyres refuse to go the distance. I have been thoroughly outclassed.

Race Result:
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car
Nissan R92CP Race Car + 1 lap
BMW V12 LMR Race Car +3 laps
Toyota 7 Race Car +3 laps
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car +6 laps
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car +10 laps

Fastest Laps:
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car 29.171
Nissan R92CP Race Car 29.190
Toyota 7 Race Car 29.641
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car 29.687
BMW V12 LMR Race Car 30.367
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car 32.683

Analysis
I need a faster car with more downforce and much better tyre durability. Simple as that.

Last edited:
maybe you could try the Panoz Esperante GT1 Race Car. with a little bit of tuning it could run easily with the higher class cars.

Grid: 24 A-spec points
Toyota 7 Race Car 840hp, 620kg
BMW V12 LMR Race Car 839hp, 900kg
Nissan R92CP Race Car 1001hp, 900kg
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car 965hp, 850kg
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car 837hp, 1000kg
Pescarolo Courage C60 Race Car 838hp

Tyre rule
Each set of race tyres (Super hard, Hard, and Medium) must be used for 25% (25 laps) of the race.

The Race
Start with R2 tyres for a change. I don't want to lose the race in the first 20 laps on R1 tyres like in the previous attempts. I have a much better car this time, though.

I carve though the field and take the lead at the end of lap 2 and pull out a 4s lead over the Toyota 7 by the end of lap 5. The Minolta finally moves past the Toyota 7 on lap 9 but by then I already have a 12s lead. The Minolta stablises the gap but I am still able to pull away from him at about 0.5s a lap. I eventually pit with a 19.5s lead on lap 25 and change to R1 tyres. My best lap so far is 28.733.

I rejoin in 3rd, 12.5s behind the Minolta. He extends his lead to 17.1s before pitting on lap 40. This means he has to do 2 stops in the race. I am looking at three at least, depending on how many laps I can get out of my R1 tyres.

This leaves me 9.4s behind the R92, who pits on lap 42, which puts me back into the lead with the Minolta now 20.0s behind me (I must have gained time on him in the pitstop due to putting less fuel in my tank).

I drag my lead out to 24s whilst the Minolta warms up his tyres, but he narrows it to 22s before I pit on lap 59, having done 34 laps on my R1 tyres. I put on R3 tyres, hoping to get 20 and 21 lap stints out of them for the remainder of the race.

I rejoin in 2nd, 7.3s behind the Minolta, with both of us having one more stop each to do. I catch him up and pass him for the lead on lap 67 and begin to pull away, breaking into the 27s for the first time. I lap the R92 on lap 75, but my front R3s begin to feel the pinch and I let the R92 back past. My lead shrinks from 7s to 4s before I pit for the final time for more R3s on lap 79.

I rejoin in 3rd, but not for long, as the Minolta pits a lap later, and I actually take the lead back from the R92 before he pits on lap 84. This leaves me with a 20s lead over the Minolta. I lap him and also lap the R92 for the second time but they both unlap themselves on the last corner as I cruise across the finish line with very worn front tyres. Victory is finally mine at the Speedway!:gtpflag:

Result
Pescarolo Courage C60 Race Car 50:35.435
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car +approx 30s
Nissan R92CP Race Car +1 lap
BMW V12 LMR Race Car +4 laps
Toyota 7 Race Car +4 laps
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car +11 laps

Fastest Laps
Pescarolo Courage C60 Race Car 27.968
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car 29.247
Nissan R92CP Race Car 29.224
Toyota 7 Race Car 29.805
BMW V12 LMR Race Car 30.418
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car 32.218

Analysis
A comfortable race win in the end. I was glad that I put on R2 tyres at the start, since it allowed me to get a crucial lead over the Minolta from the beginning. But if the Minolta was able to get past the Toyota straight away instead of spending the first 9 laps of the race behind him, then my winning margin may have been a lot smaller.

I just completed this race, by 2-3 laps.
I used the formula Gran Tursimo '04.
i b-speced the whole race, i pitted like 4 times more than everyone else, but don't forget when u pit you don't have to refuel everytime & when you b-spec, when they auto-pit you can turn it off and pit when you want.

Back