Supercar Festival

• Thread starter wc420pro
  • 28 comments
Serbia
Belgrade
The latest Seasonal Events are now available in Gran Turismo 5, featuring a series of five expert level racing events exclusive to high performance supercars from all over the world with no more than 620PP and no better than Sports/Soft compounds or less.

This week’s challenges are as follows:
620PP Supercar Festival: Eiger Nordwand / 6 Laps
Period of Availability: 2013/12/19 03:00 -
1st: Cr.310,000 2nd: Cr.170,500 3rd: Cr.124,000
620PP Supercar Festival: Suzuka Circuit / 4 Laps
1st: Cr.299,760 2nd: Cr.164,868 3rd: Cr.119,904
620PP Supercar Festival: Nürburgring GP/F / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.277,770 2nd: Cr.152,774 3rd: Cr.111,108
620PP Supercar Festival: Spa Francorchamps / 4 Laps
1st: Cr.268,750 2nd: Cr.147,813 3rd: Cr.107,500
620PP Supercar Festival: Eifel (Circuit) 312A / 4 Laps
1st: Cr.300,500 2nd: Cr.165,275 3rd: Cr.120,200

Note the “Performance Difference Bonus” applies, so more credits will be awarded for using a slower car below the maximum allowed PP value.

The game’s Online Car Dealership has also been updated with new inventory. As always, stop by our GT5 Seasonal Events forum for more analysis and discussion!

Eiger Nordwand was the only one that took a couple of tries. On another note, the Eiffel track is possibly the best ive seen in a seasonal. Shame most people are on GT6 now and wont care.

Eiger Nordwand was the only one that took a couple of tries. On another note, the Eiffel track is possibly the best ive seen in a seasonal. Shame most people are on GT6 now and wont care.

Totally agree with you there, all of the previous generated tracks have been really wide and with silly elevation changes, whereas this one the elevation changes really added to the track. Eiger was a pain, I usually try to use untuned cars but couldn't beat it until I used the HKS CT230R. Other races were really easy though, beat them by a huge distance.

If your really struggling with Eiger, grab the GT-R35 TC , tune it up a little and blow the doors off them, cheers

Last edited:
got silver on the eiger with my furai -still working on it though. second place is not first.
got the gold on suzuka in the furai as well. this one was easy. if you can pass everybody by the end of the first lap it's yours.
going to continue later this week.

Last edited:
If your really struggling with Eiger, grab the GT-R35 TC , tune it up a little and blow the doors off them, cheers

hmm, interesting. i've got the shultze gtr and it might be cool to try. that car kinda sounds like an airplane diving into a strafing run. awd and handles well, which could help on the eiger. thanks

got silver on the eiger with my furai -still working on it though. second place is not first.
got the gold on suzuka in the furai as well. this one was easy. if you can pass everybody by the end of the first lap it's yours.
going to continue later this week.

Thanks for bringing up the furai...I forgot I had one! Great car! Golded suzuka but can't get anywhere close on eiger but will keep trying!

Ive got my Honda Hsv tuned to 620pp on share, its what I used to do the Eiger track. Got into first place going round the outside on the right hander before the tunnel on the last lap.

If you add me on psn Dready1984 you should be able to use it. I'll be online until about 7pm gmt

Last edited:
Totally agree with you there, all of the previous generated tracks have been really wide and with silly elevation changes, whereas this one the elevation changes really added to the track. Eiger was a pain, I usually try to use untuned cars but couldn't beat it until I used the HKS CT230R. Other races were really easy though, beat them by a huge distance.
Funny, I also ended up using the HKS on Eiger. Won my first attempt with it actually. But lost the 9 attempts before it trying other cars, lol.
However, ALL the other races I won considerably easy using an Arta NSX '06 (the new car dealership one /honda/)
Aero= 34/53
Ballast= 123 @ +50
Power at 100%
Turbo 3
Oil change/drive 300km/engine overhaul
This gives you the max 620pp
640 bhp
Weight 1223
And except for the aero and ballast above, I used Praiano's drivetrain and suspension settings. (You can find that on this pagehttps://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-ferrari-enzo-fxx.201649/page-11#post-5386973)

Very easy wins, but more importantly, that car made it very fun :)

Finally settled on an Audi R8 LMS for this one. Couldn't make any of the 4WD cars I tried turn in well enough on Eiger to catch the rabbit.
Setup was oil change, Turbo 3, 80kg ballast all the way forwards, +5 ride height at both ends, -1 damper ext & comp on the front and one click softer on the front sway bar, back the power limiter to 650hp then give it full down force front and enough extra rear to bring to 620PP.

Same car was easy for all the other races. Good thing I learned Spa in another game or I'd still be running laps on it, I don't have the DLC that it came in.

I used Opel Calibra Touring Car for Eiger and won easily, and got 800000 credits for PP difference :D

Just finished the Eiger . Here is what worked/killed the field. If you have it get the "GT-R Black Edition Tuned Car(GT Academy Edition) Toss on all the "standard" upgrades. No turbos or weight reduction or engine staging. You should come out with 603pp new no oil change. Go drive. this car didn't require any tweaking on anything. A real pleasure to drive. very sure footed.
beat eiger by 6 secs and suzuka by 5.

Ive got my Honda Hsv tuned to 620pp on share, its what I used to do the Eiger track. Got into first place going round the outside on the right hander before the tunnel on the last lap.

If you add me on psn Dready1984 you should be able to use it. I'll be online until about 7pm gmt

Hey Dready. I'd love to borrow your HSV so I'll go ahead and send you a friend request if you don't mind.

I've been playing GT6 every day till today. I've already beaten all the "expert level" races and the only seasonals they've released so far are time trials. They have 6 of em out right now so people who like time trials are loving it, but I like the true seasonal events. So when I loaded up GT5 today I was really happy to see the new seasonal events. Can't beat that Eiger race though which is why I'd like to borrow your Honda.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Dready. I'd love to borrow your HSV so I'll go ahead and send you a friend request if you don't mind.

I've been playing GT6 every day till today. I've already beaten all the "expert level" races and the only seasonals they've released so far are time trials. They have 6 of em out right now so people who like time trials are loving it, but I like the true seasonal events. So when I loaded up GT5 today I was really happy to see the new seasonal events. Can't beat that Eiger race though which is why I'd like to borrow your Honda.

Thanks in advance!

Added. Theres some other cars on share as well I think. Cant remember what though, I havn't played GT5 for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully catch you online sometime.

Added. Theres some other cars on share as well I think. Cant remember what though, I havn't played GT5 for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully catch you online sometime.

Thanks very much, but for some reason it won't let me borrow the HSV. It'll allow me to borrow your other cars, just not the HSV. I don't wanna be a pain, but maybe next time you're on GT5 you could un-share it then share it again? No big rush of course, but if you have the chance I would appreciate it. Thanks again!

Thanks very much, but for some reason it won't let me borrow the HSV. It'll allow me to borrow your other cars, just not the HSV. I don't wanna be a pain, but maybe next time you're on GT5 you could un-share it then share it again? No big rush of course, but if you have the chance I would appreciate it. Thanks again!

No problem, I'll have a look at it this evening. It maybe because it was paid for downloadable content in GT5, I really have no idea though.

You can also kill the Eiger in a very fun way using the Audi RS6 Avant '08 fully tuned with the gearbox favoring acceleration. Awesome to slay Zondas with a wagon.

Been trying everything to finish this stupid Eiger Nordwand track and can't get passed it. I used the Mercedes-Benz SLR McClaren (19inch Wheel Option) '09 and only got silver. Anyone want to suggest another car?

Just beat the eiger nordwand track in the team oreca viper.I know it's not a super car but after weeks of trying I had to do something.

I know I'm awfully late to the party about this, but oftentimes in these events, your success can be determined by exactly what car is leading. On my first race on Eiger, I lost by eight seconds to a VW W12 that left everyone else in the dust. I exited the event and then re-entered to reset the opponents, and the race was initially led by a TVR Speed 12 (which quickly lost the lead to a Saleen S7, a Pagani Zonda, and was about to be passed by a Ferrari 458 when I got up to him). The remainder of the race was a chase for the Zonda, which I passed on the last lap and won.

If you've got a good tune for the track but you lose on your first try, try resetting the grid. You may have better luck against a different set of cars.

Guys,

easy in the Chaparral 2J

Eddy

Hey Eddy. Would you mind sharing the tune you used for the 2J? This is the LAST race I haven't beaten yet. Greatly appreciated!!!

Edit: No need for tune actually. Used Praiano tune for 600pp and adjusted engine power. I crused by over 20 seconds on first try and didn't even drive well. If anyone needs to borrow a 2j just send me a FR to same screen name here and I'll share it.

Thanks a ton Eddie. Would be surprised if the 2D works just as well on this track.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back