Supercar nostalgia (Laguna seca)

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnnyko12
  • 7 comments
  • 1,172 views
Messages
61
I've got a fully tuned badass Shelby cobra and I for some reason can't take 1st in bspec on the last race. My driver won't pass the first place car. There are many obvious opportunities and doofis just hangs back.

What did u guys use to win this race?
 
Lamborghini Countach LP400 tuned with spoiler. It has far better handling than the American cars.
 
i used a dodge challenger '70. Whenever i would be behind them and would be on the last lap, i would just tell the driver to overtake all the time.
 
Thanks for the suggestions, I tried some old muscle cars, didn't work. Then I figured one more Shelby try b4 I go buy something else. As of now he's 2 seconds ahead on lap 4. We shall see if it lasts
 
He walked away, it was just the initial overtake into first that he couldn't do so well.
 
I think all B-Spec drivers are that way. They're actually not bad on their own, but they're pretty bad in traffic. Once they get past the traffic they usually just walk away with it.

When they get to higher levels like this you have to give them the overtake command at the right times. At Laguna Seca the best time is after the sweeping left hander going up the hill towards the corkscrew. If you have more power you should be able to use the hill to your advantage. That's where my B-Spec driver always made his passes.
 
I used Chapparal 2J :D
 
I noticed B-Bob will not overtake when there are 2 cars in front of him no matter how wide the road is. He also likes to brake randomly on upshift and can not drive on oval course to save his life.
 
Back