Supercar Tournament

Messages
23
Ok, so this is the only tournament i have to do so then i can start on the GT tournament in professional mode and onto extreme.
(yes i have all licences)

Only problem is that i cant find a decent car to do the Supercar Tournament.
I've tried the following.

-Saleen S7: Hard to handle, very surprisingly slow-ish
(remember the cars have to be untuned)

-TVR Cerbera Speed 12: Well, same as the Saleen to be honest. Possibly even more of a ***** to handle actually.. :dopey:

-Dodge Viper (yeah, it was the new one, with soft-top, forgot the name): Slow.

So, before i drain all my money away on buying and testing cars.....i just want to ask.......What car is good/the best for winning the Supercar Tournament?

Sorry for any n00b-like stuff that you might think of this topic, i used search but that wasnt getting me anywhere....the car database wasnt that much help for this particular 'problem' and i just thought that this would be quicker and more helpful...
 
All of thoes can win, maybe you just need to tune a car a bit. I've done thoes races in a number of different cars, Speed 12, Ford GT, Cien amongst others. Some just need gatting used to like the S7, it's really not that hard to control when you're used to the way it drives, the 12 is a different storey, takes more effort to get used to but it's a lot more powerful, lighter ect. The GT, I'm not over keen on, it's capable but I'm just less keen.
 
I think you'll find that the cars can be tuned and upgraded, it's just that when it says unmodified that means no race cars. Try it and see.....

That being the case, just upgrade anything you've already got to a point where it can handle the opposition. I used a BMW M5 with upgrades.

There probably is an older thread on this event, but I haven't seen it surface for a while.
 
i'm also stucked at this championship...can anyone please say a car and his setting to easily break through all of those races?
 
take the ford gt completely untuned! it wont be a walk in the park but its fun as hell! all you need is get used to the handling of the car...
 
I think I used the Speed 12 for this one. It was a pain to drive and I never really got used to it. If you just want to get through it, use the speed 12, and do it in B-Spec Mode. It seems like the B-spec driver (Bob), seems to be able to drive cars with terrible handling better than most.
 
I did it comfortably in a Ford GT, despite its horrific brakes.
 
The Speed 12 can win easily untuned. Just play with the Driving aides until it is drivable. I think I had the settings at close to max understeer and max traction control. One of the few cars that actually go faster with a lot of driving aides...
 
Thanks for the suggestions people.


Anyway i found something odd...

Im pretty sure ive seen a Tommy Kiara (EE2 or something) racing around these tracks in this tourney....and i remember how i used to rule with this car in GT3....so i go and buy one thinking 'sure, of course i can use this car'.....then it says 'unmodified cars only'....

WTF? lol.....looks like i'll have to do more German Touring Car Championship's to recoup my losses. >_<.....

Also, a GT40 (concept) that i won in Tskuba Wet (hard) isnt elegible either. :(

P.s Im not really looking for a 1pt easy-as-**** race.....:P...just something feasable
 
I don't understand. You can modify the cars in this championship, I won it with my 1030hp Viper SRT-10. And I won it easily. You can definitely modify your cars, so do it and win. If you couldn't win in the Speed 12 though....good luck...
 
I'm a newb, first post, meh.

anywho. I beat it with my 3000gt. With all the upgrades in it, it beat all the races very handily (by a margin of around 5 seconds), except for the last one, that gave it trouble.

857hp in a 3000gt, heh :p
 
You can also do it with one of the prize cars:

Honda NSX Prototype LM Road Car '02
Professional Hall
Supercar Festival
Race 1 Seoul 10 points: 2nd by 16.907, DNF
9 points: 1st by 13.906 (No Nardo, No Cien)
Race 2 Fuji 90's 29 points: 1st by 11.780
Race 3 New York 71 points: 1st by 11.272 Merc was on pole and held back the Nardo for a good while
Race 4 Midfield 53 points: 2nd by 12.458 Tommy on 1st plac
8 points: 1st by 14.207 2nd was Ford GT, 3rd was Nuvolari (Started on pole)
Race 5 Infineon 34 points: 1st by 12.549 2nd was Ford GT, Nuvolari started on pole.
 
clutch1
I'm a newb, first post, meh.

anywho. I beat it with my 3000gt. With all the upgrades in it, it beat all the races very handily (by a margin of around 5 seconds), except for the last one, that gave it trouble.

857hp in a 3000gt, heh :p

which car is 3000GT?
 
I'm currently doing these races as we speak. I bought a Corvette Z06 and used this here setupCorvette Z06 Although i did add a few things on such as a wing and other various things. And so far, I've won one race, beating the Cien by around 31 seconds and nearly lapping a car. I highly suggest this setup and it didnt even cost me 200k! Good luck to you all!
 
*bows head for a moment of silence*
 
If i'm not wrong, i used a fully tuned NSX prototype road car (the one you get from montegi 8hrs endurance. Well. Have to win another with 0km
 
M5 plus a moderate amount of power (eg NA1, exhaust, chip) and good tyres will walk this series - you will even have time to get out of the car and admire the view, talk to spectators or whatever else grabs your fancy.
 
route_66
Mitsubishi 3000GT = Mitsubishi GTO.

That's right, but isn't it supercar fest only allows PRODUCTION cars with stock 490 hp or over to enter. I dont recall any 3000GT comes with stock 490 hp
 
Sti04
That's right, but isn't it supercar fest only allows PRODUCTION cars with stock 490 hp or over to enter. I dont recall any 3000GT comes with stock 490 hp
You are allowed to modify the car - I know it says unmodified cars only but the translators must have lost a page from their thesaurus - concept cars and race cars are excluded but modified production cars are allowed.
 
it is very annoying that there are so many production related flaws in GT4 (eg races that call for unmodified cars only - but allow anything but non races, and race series where you race against cars like the ZZII but that you can't enter in yourself; not to mention the horrid attempt at showing power figures for cars), but hey i guess it adds character.

I found jumping in my M3 GTR and just bumping up the HP till it qualified a good challenge. Such a great handling car, but a lot lower HP than the competition makes for a good fun series. If you struggle just add more upgrades.
 
Rafael Mendes
i'm also stucked at this championship...can anyone please say a car and his setting to easily break through all of those races?

I used a Ford GT tuned to the max ~800hp. There is a thread on here called "Taming the Beast - Ford GT Settings" or something like that. It made a huge difference for me and allowed me to OWN the competition. 👍
 
i used the nissan r390gt1 road car with modifications. i swept through it with that. it's one million cr. though. i had alot of money saved up so i just got it.
 
O_o... I'm just saying what it let me. I'm pretty sure it said that the car only had to have OVER that amount, whether stock or not. Because I know that I got it from the used car lot thing with I think maybe 290hp or so. FAR from 490hp.

All I know is I beat it with that car and the game said nothing bad about me entering with the car.
 
Jaguar XJ220 - stock
Ford GT - stock
Saleen S7 - stock
Zonda C12S 7.3 - stock
Buick Special - stock


Spyker C8 laviolette (with some extra hp to reach 500)
Callaway C12 (with some extra hp to reach 500)

Just practice and get used to braking early and controlling your throttle.
 
Back