Support for Tony Stewart games on GTPlanet?

Would you like to see support for Tony Stewart's new racing games on the GTPlanet forum?

• Undecided...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO WAY!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United States
United States
What do you think? Would Tony Stewart's All American Racing and Sprint Car Racing be a good addition to the GTPlanet forum?

I think it could be. Two great games with a steep setup learning curve, six types of cars between the two games and possibly some of the most fun we could have as an online short track racing community.

What do you think? Would Tony Stewart's All American Racing and Sprint Car Racing be a good addition to the GTPlanet forum?

I think it could be. Two great games with a steep setup learning curve, six types of cars between the two games and possibly some of the most fun we could have as an online short track racing community.
This is such an odd way to ask, but what do you mean by "support"?

You can make threads about the games yourself. If other people are interested, they'll take part in them. If not, they won't.

There is already a thread for one of the games, attached to an article for it:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-arrives-this-month-on-console-and-pc.392189/

Last edited:
This is such an odd way to ask, but what do you mean by "support"?

You can make threads about the games yourself. If other people are interested, they'll take part in them. If not, they won't.

There is already a thread for one of the games, attached to an article for it:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tony-stewart’s-sprint-car-racing-arrives-this-month-on-console-and-pc.392189/

By support, I mean a dedicated forum on the main forums page titled "Tony Stewart's Racing". From there it could further divide into All American Racing and Sprint Car Racing, each with their own subcategories like Gran Turismo's forum. Everything from setups and player made racing events to discussions on updates, game physics and more.

With the depth of tuning possibilities and future updates in the works, I think it could be a big topic for a portion of the GTPlanet community. I was unaware of a thread for the game already existing but I think the game deserves its own dedicated forum. I figured a poll might indicate if other members feel the same.

P.S. I now type .net when going to this site. :P

By support, I mean a dedicated forum on the main forums page titled "Tony Stewart's Racing". From there it could further divide into All American Racing and Sprint Car Racing, each with their own subcategories like Gran Turismo's forum. Everything from setups and player made racing events to discussions on updates, game physics and more.

With the depth of tuning possibilities and future updates in the works, I think it could be a big topic for a portion of the GTPlanet community. I was unaware of a thread for the game already existing but I think the game deserves its own dedicated forum. I figured a poll might indicate if other members feel the same.

P.S. I now type .net when going to this site. :P
Then the Site Support forum is the best place for the thread, and I've moved it there...

... however I don't think that there's sufficient interest in it to merit individual forums. Two threads in a year doesn't seem to indicate something that generates much enthusiasm.

Then the Site Support forum is the best place for the thread, and I've moved it there...

... however I don't think that there's sufficient interest in it to merit individual forums. Two threads in a year doesn't seem to indicate something that generates much enthusiasm.

With the way the poll is filling up, it seems not many have even heard of them. I believe it may pick up once more people find it and give it a try.

If I started a Car Setup thread for these games, which forum would be appropriate?

With the way the poll is filling up, it seems not many have even heard of them. I believe it may pick up once more people find it and give it a try.

If I started a Car Setup thread for these games, which forum would be appropriate?
Definitely the Console & PC Gaming forum; include the game in the thread title.

Looks like people haven't heard of the games or they aren't reading the first post. I really hope people aren't answering, "What Tony Stewart racing games?" as a joke.

Looks like people haven't heard of the games or they aren't reading the first post. I really hope people aren't answering, "What Tony Stewart racing games?" as a joke.
Fact is, it's not that popular of a game.

Yes, some are are certainly answering it as joke. This is show high level of disinterest. Including myself.

I'd rather people answer "NO WAY!" then. The poll isn't meant as a joke. I feel it takes away from the honesty of it.

To anyone using the answer, "What Tony Stewart racing games?" as a joke, please change your answer to "NO WAY!". It was meant for those who really have not seen the games advertised or at their local game store.

The games average 12 players/day on Steam combined. I don’t think anyone is picking “What Tony Stewart games?” as a joke.

Last edited:
The games average 12 players/day on Steam combined. I don’t think anyone is picking “What Tony Stewart games?” as a joke.

There are other user posts that claim console support is higher compared to computer. I, myself, use a PS4. No online play yet though, can't give any estimates on console traffic.

I chose "What Tony Stewart Games" to show that I haven't heard of the games until this thread appeared. It's a completed different response to "NO WAY" because I am unaware of the scope of these games. NO WAY means you're against a thread being created because you have all the facts about it, What Tony Stewart Games means I have not got any knowledge of the game, so I can't say whether it's popular or not - especially as it's likely to be aimed at the American market, something I am not.

However, reading through, it does seem that these games are extremely niche, so would warrant a thread in this Sub-Forum at most.
Automobilista and rFactor don't have Sub-Forums, and they're wildly more popular, well known, discussable and wide-reaching. Don't be disheartened because lots of people haven't heard of a game you like, but don't try to assume that everyone wants to know about it too. I could rant for ages about why NASCAR and it's racers are an absolute joke to the name of Motorsport from the eyes of a European, thus reducing the game's appeal to one region of the US at most. GTPlanet is a worldwide forum, so niche games aren't going to be looked at much as a major sub-forum.

Go ahead and create a thread in the Console and PC Gaming sub-forum and see how much discussion begins. If the thread and the game suddenly becomes mainstream off the thread, then it might be worth reconsidering this position, but as it stands, I can only see two people who've answered the poll as having heard of the game. A discussion between 2 people isn't enough for a full-on sub-forum. Sorry.

I chose "What Tony Stewart Games" to show that I haven't heard of the games until this thread appeared. It's a completed different response to "NO WAY" because I am unaware of the scope of these games. NO WAY means you're against a thread being created because you have all the facts about it, What Tony Stewart Games means I have not got any knowledge of the game, so I can't say whether it's popular or not - especially as it's likely to be aimed at the American market, something I am not.

However, reading through, it does seem that these games are extremely niche, so would warrant a thread in this Sub-Forum at most.
Automobilista and rFactor don't have Sub-Forums, and they're wildly more popular, well known, discussable and wide-reaching. Don't be disheartened because lots of people haven't heard of a game you like, but don't try to assume that everyone wants to know about it too. I could rant for ages about why NASCAR and it's racers are an absolute joke to the name of Motorsport from the eyes of a European, thus reducing the game's appeal to one region of the US at most. GTPlanet is a worldwide forum, so niche games aren't going to be looked at much as a major sub-forum.

Go ahead and create a thread in the Console and PC Gaming sub-forum and see how much discussion begins. If the thread and the game suddenly becomes mainstream off the thread, then it might be worth reconsidering this position, but as it stands, I can only see two people who've answered the poll as having heard of the game. A discussion between 2 people isn't enough for a full-on sub-forum. Sorry.

Shouldn't take this long to just say "No."

It's not a major release, self-explanatory.

Post 4 is essentially a longer version of no.

Thank you. I guess that settles it for now. I'm happy that this thread is making many aware of the games. Maybe this was because it wasn't a major release a mentioned. I first saw it advertised over a year ago while watching a dirt track race on television.

My aspirations haven't changed Jimlaad43. I still plan on creating the sub-thread for setups and other general discussion. An update will be posted here when I do.

[QUOTE="QTip8329Wags, post: 13373519, member: 302518"
My aspirations haven't changed Jimlaad43. I still plan on creating the sub-thread for setups and other general discussion. An update will be posted here when I do.[/QUOTE]
Don't be surprised if multiple threads get merged then.

PDVD_003.jpg

Back