Supra RZ blow-off

• Thread starter NoRo
  • 5 comments
fboardpro
Hello,
anyone noticed that there is something wrong with the blow-off in regular RZ Supra ? Mine is tuned with around 600BHP, while revving I hear the turbo spools but no blow-off sound whatsoever after lift off.... PD screwed big time if you ask me. It ruins the whole experience driving a tuned supra IMO. I am playing on PS4 version.

Hello,
anyone noticed that there is something wrong with the blow-off in regular RZ Supra ? Mine is tuned with around 600BHP, while revving I hear the turbo spools but no blow-off sound whatsoever after lift off.... PD screwed big time if you ask me. It ruins the whole experience driving a tuned supra IMO. I am playing on PS4 version.
Thats the Basic´s as i Know:
" The maximum boost pressure is approx. 0.8 bar. When the gas is released, the excess boost pressure is fed back into the intake tract in front of the turbocharger via the overrun air recirculation valve (blow-off valve). This ensures that the turbos respond quickly when you step on the gas again. Open blow-off valves from the accessories sound impressive because they release the excess pressure to the outside with a hissing noise. However, this impairs the response of the engine because the turbos first have to build up pressure again when you step on the gas again. "

And if it's not explicitly an "open" blow off, it stays that way even after tuning!! Ergo everything is correct and the open rather show!

Some tunings require more open BlowOff, but not all.

Blow off and bypass are two different things. Blow off vents the air to the atmosphere and is typically much louder and makes the squeal/flutter noise; bypass recycles the air back into the intake. The valve itself is capable of both, it's just whether or not you put the rubber tube on the end and back into the intake.

On MOST road cars it is a bad thing to vent to the atm, and what you want is bypass. The bypass feed the air back into the intake system, which the MAF has already accounted for. If you vent this, you can mess up your fuel trims as the AFR will be off. This can be tuned out, but most people don't do this and vent to the atm anyway just so they can hear it.

I've owned (and own) three turbocharged cars. All of which were had at least minimal bolt ons, and all of which I had the bypass valve recirculate the air. Still makes a noise, but not as loud. Function over form (or sound in this case).

Back