Sureboss's career - Fight Like A Brave

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 0 comments

Sureboss

Tanned and Lipstick'd
Premium
United Kingdom
UK
With the name shamelessly stolen from the opening track to the Chili's Uplift Mofo Party Plan, to sum up my efforts. Full race distance (why I want to do this, as I should have plenty to talk about.) Because of the distance, don't expect frequent updates, I do have other things to do, like twiddle my thumbs and watch pigs fly by in a stolen Wright brothers plane.

First point of call is getting a drive, which involved testing for STR, Midland and Super Agurri.

STR test was at Silverstone, in the wet, I failed miserably and was about 3-4 seconds off the pace. My confidence dropped quicker than your IQ after watching Big Brother. On to the Midland test. This went even worse, given that it was at Catalunya, I track I have no rhythm at. So, my last and only hope of getting anywhere as a driver is at Super Agurri. The track is Magny-Cours, the weather is fine. I beat the target time by 0.7s and get offered a seat as Test driver, better than nowt.

Testing:

First 4 tests all achieved, personal tests or team ability tests. Get stuck in a rut with tests at Catalunya and Australia. Then master some camber tests in Malaysia. In a meeting with my bosses at my review (I wore a pink Tux with fluffy cuffs), they offered me a place as second driver.

Next stop: Monaco GP!

---------

May find some time in a fortnight to do a race! Wanted to get this down before I forgot it.

Back