Surface

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jondot
  • 3 comments
  • 399 views
Messages
6,584
United Kingdom
Kent, UK
Messages
GTP_Jondot
Has anyone else been watching Surface? The series just ended over here (was shown on ITV2).

I liked it. Sure, the plot was a little iffy at times, but i'm a sucker for these kinda programs :lol:

I'd like to see another series, although i don't know how much more they could get out of it anyway. We're left to believe that the whole world is now covered in water and sea creatures, and the main characters are stuck up a church tower together. How do you continue from that?
 
Jon.
Sure, the plot was a little iffy at times, but i'm a sucker for these kinda programs
Ditto. :)

It's been off for a while here, but I was wondering the same thing: "Where are they going from here?" I also waited an entire season for the three of them to get together and they waited until the last episode to do that.

All in all, an interesting concept that is poorly executed. Like Knight Rider, Airwolf, The Greatest American Hero, etc. Just my kind of shows. :lol:
 
TB
All in all, an interesting concept that is poorly executed.

Yes. I'd still be happy to watch another series, though. It's not the kinda thing that's as good to watch the second time. I recorded the last episode, and i just watched it back. It was...meh...

There's still a few things they could stick into a new series, though. There's the issue of Jackson and that cryogenics plant (if you remember, the screen reads "Head of unit 1" or something). Then there's the supposedly cloned guy - what happens there? Let's not forget the huge creatures swimming around everywhere, either.
 
I'm for sure going to watch season 2, provided NBC picks it up again. It's on my TiVo's to record any new episodes. I'll have to change it to record all episodes so I get a refresher of the last few.
 
Back