Surprised that so many PS4 games dont supply telemetry

• Thread starter Pantheons
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
Norfolk UK
Pantheons
Was just looking at these cool (great value) motion rigs (DOF motion) for PS4 (also for other platforms). Then i saw what games they actually work with and its almost none.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KRJC2SV/?tag=gtplanetuk-20
Apparently the PS4 games generally don't supply the telemetry thats needed to 'move' these rigs.

The only games that supply telemetry are
F1 games
Project Cars
Assetto Corsa .... coming soon.

I asked the manufacturers and they say that Grand Turismo have no plans to produce telemetry data. Thats got to be one of the most popular racing sims for PS4.

What a shame, sort of kills the market for consoles.
Loads of games for PC product telemetry data

Surely this will change soon if the rise of affordable motion rigs continues.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is weird that GT of all series wouldn't support telemetry data, however there are no official PS4 products that support it, either. So, maybe they figured why bother?

However, with the rise of now Sim Racing staples such as Motion Rigs, SimDashboard, SimHub, and such, telemetry has become far more popular and important to sim racers. So, there may be a good chance we'll see more of it on the PS5, and in the next GT.

I think i assumed that if games supported force feedback data then that would include telemetry data. A naive assumption. I wonder how hard or time consuming it is to programme in telemetry data?

Back