Surround Sound

• Thread starter Pooh_Bare
  • 4 comments
:confused:

I thinking of buying a home theatre system to link up to the xbox

So how do I do it ?

Is it simply connecting the xbox to a 5.1 decoder using the optional optical lead ?

Is this lead available in the UK yet ?

What is Halo like in 5.1 ?

Get a receiver that has DTS, preferably 6.1 but if that costs more than you want to spend then 5.1 is fine. (Get DTS though, it's worth it.)
And all you'll need ever again is the optical cable, it does it all.
Everything sounds better, including Halo. Halo doesn't take advantage of it as well as some other games though, but it is still excellent.

i think that halo sounds fab on digitail sound because of all the gun blasts but i have to say splinter cell sounds excellent as well:)

I've seen a 5.1 system packaged with the xbox, so it may also be available seperately ... it's a good size (portable), and from memory it may be made by Bose or a similar good speaker company ..... apparently it also works with PS2 and GC, though I believe one of them doesn't do proper surround anyway .....

Halo on 5.1 dolby sounds awesome !!
Ive got sony 28" with dolby surround and we always crank up the volume on the surround speakers !!
Best when a bullet flies past yr head and you hear ot go all the way past or when a grenade goes off behind you
Id definately get surround sound it wud be well worth trhe expense !!!

Back