Survey For Current Trans Am 1 & 2 & Can Am Drivers OnlyFinished 

Should we make changes to the Series?

• Effective from Round 11 Replace Trans Am 1 & 2 with one make series and allow TCS on Toyota 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick_Cylinder
The following questions are for current drivers in the Trans Am 1, Trans Am 2 and Can Am by Toyota 7 Championships only.

The series is not living up to expectations and rather than lose regular drivers I would rather make changes to the series if that is what drivers want.

Proposal 1 Continue unchanged to round 15 as originally planned.

Proposal 2 Finish the series at round 10 and start the next series 5 weeks early.

Proposal 3 With effect from round 11, replace Trans Am 1 with a 1 make series using the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA 1965; replace Trans Am 2 with a 1 make series using the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1969; allow TCS in the Can Am by Toyota 7 races with effect as soon as possible.

Please only vote and comment if you are currently a driver in the above race series - any votes cast by people who are not current drivers will not be counted.

Link to main thread below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ys-17-00-19-00-gmt-next-round-fuji-gt.312797/

Apologies to Moderators if this should have been attached to the main thread.

I'd be fine with either #1 or #2. I voted #2 because I think it'd be hard to make it balanced with #3 and it's probably a bit too late for it now. I voted #2 because that way people won't lose interest in future series since this one will end quicker.

It made me very sad when I read that Smiley wants to leave now, If; Emo etc. are not racing frequently. Which is also very sad. People come and go and you will never be able to please everyone, Sick.

Personally, I loved every series you've done since I joined (and I'm sure those before were awesome, too). And I would, again, for my personal taste, like if there were stricter rules about honking (at the grid) and matching colors/numbers and a bit "safer", more realistic kind of driving (avoid bumping; ghosting; corner cutting; driving over white lines incl. the line after pitstop and more overall courtesy, thinking ahead etc.).

But people are all different, with different tastes, and they will eventually give up racing with us when they are not pleased with something.

In the end. Sick. It's your series, and you are doing a great job putting all these ideas together, you should decide what to do and if it means losing someone because he doesn't agree, it's just that. As much as I'd hate to see people leave.

My guess is Smiley, because he was doing great in the beginning of this series, got ambitious (and you do get ambitious when you are winning) but experinced some setbacks on the way and is therefore demotivated. To be honest, I think he should get his acts together, come back and just do his best, he will either win a Championship or not, it's that simple. And if he doesn't, he is still a great driver and will get another chance.

So, I didn't vote anything because I believe you are the one who should make the decisions, Sick.

I want to pretty much echo Flaco's sentiments. I voted to continue until round 15 as planned. I think that the way you rotate the cars is fair and a perfect way to get a mixed grid. Sometimes you're in the slower car and you can only compete with the people in your car but it evens out by the end of the series. Seeing different cars on the grid is great for an online race and the efforts you make to match the cars performances and make it look authentic is outstanding. I also like the idea of Nissan paying for the best drivers each week as guest drivers to improve their slow car. Of course, that doesn't affect me at all so I can understand if some of the top drivers don't like it. However, its just one series. The last one had two classes of cars on track and that was great too.
Anyone, can do a series of races with the same car to the same spec. That's what makes Classic Sunday's special in my eyes.
I don't know why Smiley isn't racing and it's sad to see him and the others go. And I haven't even been racing with you all that long. I hope they come back and that no one gets disillusioned with bad results. There's always going to be someone faster (trust me I know) you just have to focus on your own race and try to improve yourself.
After all, it's only a game. lol

Hi Sick,
Sorry for the double post... but still thinking about the series.

Firstly, some things that I really like about the series' that you do.
Everyone is welcome regardless of experience and ability and made to feel welcome.
The races aren't too long and you have 3 (or 4) in an evening so you get another chance if you mess up in one.
There's usually a one make race so it's a level playing field.
There's usually a tuning prohibited race so my lack of tuning skills and time doesn't matter.
Qualifying is just a couple of laps so it feels intense like qualifying should.
The mixture of cars always looks great.
The mixture also means that you race with different people. Because of the different cars I've gotten to race with Rehdogg and Flaco recently and see their skills first hand. If it was a one make race, I'd only see them when they lap me.
The GTPlanet thread feels alive with frequent posts and pictures full of enthusiasm.

And a couple of ideas.
Have 16 races in a series with 4 cars of four races each. (assuming the cars aren't too expensive) so that you're in the slow car for slightly less.
As a one off either between series' or right in the middle of one have a 60's Le Mans race. A longer than a usual race and in different cars. Like the drivers used to do before going back into their main cars for the rest of the season.
Have you ever tried not seeding the cars with the best drivers? Rather than splitting Lex, Flaco and Rehdogg into the three teams have you tried it with them in the same team so they all get the same slow car at the same time? Or just pick the teams randomly.

You may have tried these in the past and you always seem to have plenty of great ideas and plans in the pipeline anyway.

Last edited:
Hello Sunday Classic friends,

please don`t get me wrong, i like the series, Sick`s unique ideas and beautiful cars.

Really tried to be motivated in Nissan and Plymouth.

It is not all about winning, my main goal is thrill, action and close driving.

I enjoy racing, not calculating. My fault :crazy:, but that`s who i am.

Again, great cars, love them all, :bowdown: Toyota with full power on :cheers:

Good luck, have great races 👍

Since I'm not currently able to race with you guys I wont vote. But since I've raced with you all previously, I thought I'd just say...

As long as you've got a regular core of drivers, carry on with the series to the end.
It's all organised. Many will have their bought the cars and setup them up ready to go. Some will have probably practiced the tracks.
If you get a large vote for proposal #2, well that's different.

I'd proposed the use of T.C.S. Which I still think would be beneficial for all the cars not just the Toyota 7.

I might write further in the PM from Sick.

A minor note on driving the Toyota 7, you could always try my technique of never dropping below 3rd gear. Even on a 45mph hairpin I don't go lower than 3rd gear and I've found that dramatically reduces the spinning caused by my lead foot on the pedal. Obviously, its not that quick but it's helped me.

I am sorry to say that I won't be able to join for the next Sundays, I also have decided to try to refrain from driving road cars with racing tires as much as possible.
When I joined Sick's classics, it was the first time I had ever put racing tires on a road car (the mini). Now I compete in the ATCC on RH tires, the M challenge series on SS tires and whenever I go back to the Japanese lobbies I am familiar with, I can't get anything going anymore. I feel sad about losing the competitiveness that was mine on CM-CS-SH tires. I loss my mojo on harder compounds but did not trade it for Racing compound skills as I am remaining useless on the softer tires.

Just a last word to ask to discard my vote, a very laggy web browser and a short-fused temper prone to hit the touch screen of my wife's iPad casted the vote on their own...

About the RH tyres thing, I totally agree. I never play with racing or sports soft tyres normally (unless I just can't find anything else) They're just too grippy to be fun. I'd rather do CH/CS and if the cars are very powerful then SH. Though, we are doing race car replicas and using actual race cars like the Toyota 7 so it wouldn't make much sense to use the tyres with less grip. Maybe a championship in the future could be about street cars with CH/CS tyres?

I agree with the above. We could've gone with CS for TransAm1; SM or SS for TA2 and RH on the 7's. Or something like that.

Thanks to everyone who voted and / or left a comment. I will update the plans for 2015 series based on the comments made and lessons learned from the current and past series - this information will be posted on the main thread.

This thread is now finished and can be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back