Suspension tuning problem (instability)

United States
United States
Car: Porsche 911 gt2 '95

Hi, I'm having a hard time dialing out this instability issue with my tune. The car whips out of control when I:

• I'am trying to straightening up the car
  • The car has to do a quick Left, Right turn
  • Sometimes when traveling over bumps dips

I thought it was in my damping but Im not having any luck the there.....I think. Dampening is very hard for me to understand. I know the definition of dampening and what it does, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around it. If you got and tips or need more information please ask.

Its kinda hard to tell. without seeing your full setup/tune. If you pumped all the HP avaliable into it without upgrading the tyres etc.

But try to go with a full cage, maybe less cage if you allreaady running full cage. or narrow the front tyres? i know it sounds stupid but there's some easy fixes around. if that car has multiple spoiler options its worth trying out the different ones too.

Get your parts right before you start tuning.

Its kinda hard to tell. without seeing your full setup/tune. If you pumped all the HP avaliable into it without upgrading the tyres etc.

But try to go with a full cage, maybe less cage if you allreaady running full cage. or narrow the front tyres? i know it sounds stupid but there's some easy fixes around. if that car has multiple spoiler options its worth trying out the different ones too.

Get your parts right before you start tuning.

I'm running sport tires

I'll look at my parts again, I guess just trying to see what all I can fit within the S class limit isn't a good idea. I'll down my my speed abit. Thanks for the reply.

I have a tune shared for this car. If you try it out and like it, let me know and I’ll try to pm you the settings.

Try the race differentials some times finding the spot that gives you traction but not wheel spin. I have added more deceleration to stop the tail from stepping out. I am not a tuner as such but these sometimes help.

Try the race differentials some times finding the spot that gives you traction but not wheel spin. I have added more deceleration to stop the tail from stepping out. I am not a tuner as such but these sometimes help.
Acceleration would be the one that helps with controlling wheel spin. Deceleration helps with lift-off oversteer.

extra stiff springs.. nearly maxed out..

porsche's become unbalanced under brakes and accel, like a see-saw..

so you slow to enter a corner, and all the weight shifts to the front, which makes the rear lose traction and the car tries to kill you..

just did a homologate build, put forza aero on, sport gearbox, race suspension, and the roll cage..

28.5, 28.5 tires, 3.53 final drive, -1.0, -0.5 camber, 6.5 caster angle, 12.98, 11.25 rollbars, 1022.1, 1047.5 springs
4.1, 4.2 ride height. 8.1, 7.2 rebound, 6.0, 7.2 bump, max aero, 70%, 35% diff.

just a rough tune to start from.
lose the rear end when you let off the gas, increase the decel on the diff.
rollbars and rebound will help with cornering..
if its slow to react, just add + toe to the front (+0.2 )

if you leave the springs around where they are, that will keep the stability..

hope this helps you out a little

Back