Suziki Concept race

  • Thread starter Thread starter 69GTOby
  • 13 comments
  • 759 views
Messages
56
Man, I can't beat that Suziki (can't spell :sick: ) Concept race! I can't beat that Suziki 2 door convertible concept car at the track with the big strait (Tscubia, or something). I have the only car you can use in the race, (I think) and it is tuned up a lot, but I still can't beat them. Help.
 
The Suzuki Concept Race at Motegi? It is a moderately hard race but all I can say is draft your opponents and learn the track if all else fails. It takes plenty of practice.
 
Yes, there is only one car you can use to beat this series until you win it and then you can use the prize.

Add more mods - this race can be beaten fairly easily with enough horsepower.

If all else fails cut the corners at the bottom of the course - bulk time to be made up there - just aim to the right and go flat out - you should spit back onto the course sooner or later, but this will not help at Seattle or Tsukuba.
 
I guess I am going to buy every mod for the stupid car so I can win the race. What do you mean I should spit back onto the course somewhere, and on what track? Thanks.
 
Dose drafting actually do anything in GT4? I never actually used it, maybe I should learn too... I just stay behind the car infront of me, and then gain speed and pass them right? I will put that into play soon.
 
69GTOby
I guess I am going to buy every mod for the stupid car so I can win the race. What do you mean I should spit back onto the course somewhere, and on what track? Thanks.
Woops - misread your post - there is a big shortcut at Twin Ring Motegi West, I don't know of any at Tsukuba

69GTOby
Dose drafting actually do anything in GT4? I never actually used it, maybe I should learn too... I just stay behind the car infront of me, and then gain speed and pass them right? I will put that into play soon.
Drafting is highly effective - try doing missions 21-24 and you will see just how effective. When you find you can't do Missions 23 please do a search for "Mission 23" rather than starting a new thread.

Also, find the edit button and learn how to use it 👍
 
69GTOby
I guess I am going to buy every mod for the stupid car so I can win the race..

I found the NA mods more effective than the turbo mods for this little number. but yes it will take a fair amount of modding to get past the GSX R/4
 
Also try restart the race if there is a GSX-R on pole position. It's winnable without spending crazy money modding your car, but it's very difficult to win if a GSX-R gets in front very early on and pulls out a gap. You need to be making time on the leader from start to finish.
 
It takes a fair bit of modding the Concept-S to beat the GSX R/4, remember to buy the triple clutch and racing flywheel to make the engine rev easier. Also if all else fails, you can use the nitrous on the straights, then it catches up with the GSX R/4 quite well. Also, turn the ASM off. When you suddenly let off the gas in the middle the turn, the Concept-S will then rotate, quite fun actually. Good luck with beating these races.
 
Alfaholic
It's winnable without spending crazy money modding your car...
On the upside, if you do, you end up with one wicked sweet FF. It's usefull for a bunch of other races too.
 
Emohawk
On the upside, if you do, you end up with one wicked sweet FF. It's usefull for a bunch of other races too.


FF?? Oh - you mean the Concept S2. The prize car is MR, and corners on rails. Seriously - I won a 200 A-spec point race by 25 secs over 10 laps in that car.
 
Are you all playing the NTSC version? I've got the PAL one and each of the three races was between 1 and 5 points, and I won each one by over 35 seconds. My car was only about 220 HP aswell. I'm confused.
 
racing tyres and a fully modded S2 will win easily. then just keep running it in a stock GSX to get a good colour :D
 
Try full wieght reduction, all horse power upgrades, the tires u are most comfortable with and try learning how to draft.

F.D.
 
Back