suzka 1000 miles

• Thread starter MrGrado
  • 3 comments
Australia
Australia
MrGrado
I tried this at first with xj13 race car but I was using my tyres too fast and not drivig consistently enough to get into the lead. I got to within 4 seconds of the lead about 2 or 3 hours into the race. As the weather got worse I got further behind. After 4 hours, I was 1 lap down and I abandoned the race.

Next car I tried was the Epson NSX race car. I got to the lead on the first or second lap. I only got 7 laps out of the Racing Hard tyres. I changed to soft tyres and they would last about 20 laps. I increased my lead to 6 laps which was what I wanted because I was not sure if I could match the other cars pace with fatigue and a wet track later in the race. I could match the other cars pace so I kept the same margin to the end of the race.

I finished the race in 6h 28mins. Next time I will not be starting at 2:30am. I did the whole race without pausing and in the last 30mins I was suffering from fatigue badly. Needless to say my lap times weren't great.

Well done on winning. I tried it with the EPSON on my first try but after 2 Hours I was a lap down, so I instead used the XANAVI NISMO Z '06, where I won after 6 hours 23 minutes. I'll try and find the exact details.

I found the "report" (It was 1AM when I posted this so it was very brief) for the race when I won. :)
Well I just won the race using the XANAVI NISMO Z '06, after a frankly hellish and insanely stressful race, lasting 6h23m I won by only ~35 seconds. Anyway glad it's over, sorry I can't do a full race report as I forgot to record the AI, but my fastest lap time was 2:02.211 on Lap 16, and I used RS Tyres all the way even in the rain (Rain Tyres only work in heavy rain but are slower slightly than RS). Strange. Top 3 were

1. Me in the NISMO
2. ARTA NSX
3. TAKATA NSX

It started to rain (drizzle) about 3 hours into the race, which didn't cause any spray and only maybe slowed me down by about 1 second per lap on RS Tyres. Then after about 4-4.5 it turned into light spray and by 5 Hours it was Heavy Rain. I tried Rain tyres at this point but I didn't like the overall feel of the car, and I was around 20 seconds a lap slower so I tried RS again (2 Pit Stops within 5 Laps put me into about 4th ). Then I just stuck with that even though I was still 15s a lap slower in the wet.

I remember I was in a dilemma at one point at Lap 169 I had RS Tyres in heavy rain with 3.5 laps to go and only ~10L left of fuel, but since I was 55s ahead I pit for tyres and put in 14L (enough for the race but also the amount you can put in in the time it takes the tyres to be changed). After that I was 35s ahead with 3 Laps to go, but unfortunately I put on Rains accidentally instead of RS as Rains were the default choice.

Yes, a hellish race. I was 18s down with RS Tyres at Lap 166 and in 4th, praying they'd pit and they did on Lap 167 so I just flew past.

Yes, an insane race. I started at 2:30PM and finished at 1AM (GMT).

Oh and FYI, a 6:23 race is 383 minutes long, or 22,980 seconds long. For me to finish only 35 seconds ahead means my lead was only

(35/22980)*100 = 0.152%

of the overall race distance, or that in a 1:40 lap, I beat him by only 0.152 seconds. Pretty close then.

Back