Suzuka 1000km Enduro

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 20 comments
Wales
Dolgellau
rhyfelwr79
Hello GTP'ers
I am just about to start my longest Enduro so far and have given up trying to find a really slow car that could possibly take the win so have decided to go with a de tuned Mobil 1 NSX.
Everything on the car is standard apart from-
Top speed set to 186mph
Limiter on 95% giving 477bhp
100kg of ballast
Minor suspension tweaks.

SRF is off
AS- Mild
TCS-0
ABS-1
DL- Off
ASM- Off :dunce:

Hoping for a good race:)

Hopes that this is going to be difficult may be well founded! When will the AI pit!

Lap 1-3 I gain 1st easily as the AI are too cautious on cold tyres
Lap 3-6 I cant shake the AI (voices in the deep) they are following me like some kind of bad smell!
Lap 7 Momentarily lose the lead after coming off the track at spoon curve
Lap 8-9 Tyres are bad now and struggling to hold off 2nd place, he must pit soon! I have adjusted my brake bias on the DFGT to try and save front tyre wear :(
Lap 10 I am in 2nd and going to have to pit, the AI just carries on. I could be in trouble here 👎 Maybe I should pray for rain.

PIT- 25 litres of fuel and a fresh set of boots for the Honda :D

L11- I come out in LAST place by a few seconds so decide to do a fast outlap, I concentrate on taking back some positions and manage to end the lap in 9th.
L12- A few cars have pitted but not the leader and I find myself in 5th, take a couple of places in the corners (straights are no good for me at this hp)
L13- In 3rd and on my own for a while so I do some thinking. I have to make up for my early pit so decide to stay out until lap 22 to help the deficit. Adjusting the brake bias to 4-6 should help the front tyres and I am only going to brake BEFORE the corner from now on.
L14- 1st and 2nd pit and I take a slim lead of 6 seconds
L15- Maintaining the gap at 6 but still using too much rubber to make lap 22 :(
L16- I have slowed my pace and will drive defensivley when 2nd catches up.
L17-20 Lost time as expected to 2nd and he is all over me in the corners but I duck to the inside and keep him at bay.
L21- Small mistake on the spoon curve like before and I am in 2nd again by 3 seconds :(
L22- 1st must have made a mistake as I am able to catch him and overtake on the final chicane, the pack are backed up behind us both waiting to pounce. I pit along with 2nd and a few others.

Pit stop- 25 litres (too much I realise too late) and some tyres of course.

L23- I come out in third place with a couple of slower cars in front. I am taking a second a sector out of them and I need to get to the end of lap 34 to stay ahead of the faster cars. Both NSX's
L24- I am now in second with 8 seconds to make up, I am not tempted to push the car and manage to find a rhythym Knowing the guy ahead has to pit.
L25-29 1st place is in the pits and I have a healthy lead over my main rival of 10 seconds but another mistake has narrowed the gap to 4 (spoon curve AGAIN).
L30- I am coming up to lap a GT-R and I get round nice and clean, the dozy AI that is chasing me loses 2 seconds in the process (6 second lead now).
L31-33 Lapping a Yellowhat Supra I am keeping 2nd at bay quite nicely and feeling confident now I have a bit more left on the tyres (20%). I put my foot down with a pit stop in sight!
Lap 34- Doing good and keeping the gap I dive into the pits nearly losing the arse end in the process :)

Pit Stop- Adding 15 litres (thats better) I grab some fresh tyes. 2nd doesnt pit (ill see him shortly :D)

Lap 35- Came out 13 seconds behind 2nd place, looking good but I am struggling to remain focused as the mind starts to drift (and the car).
L36- Caught up by 1 second and no idea how far behind 3rd is but I think its that pesky arta NSX
L37- 1st pits and I am 17 seconds ahead of my nearest rival.
L46- Got to pit this lap and I once again come off the track at spoon curve again as usual so the lead is down to 12 seconds.

Pit stop- 15 litres and tyres

L47- Come out in 2nd with a 14 second deficit at the first timing point and catch the leader by 1 secon this lap.
L48- No mistakes and the leader lost out by 5 seconds! I must be driving too fast!!
L49- I can see the leader.
L50- He has pitted right in front of me and I am now 29 seconds ahead of 2nd
L50-57 Car is feeling good and I have saved enough rubber to get the hammer down but as I am about to run out of fuel :dunce: I am forced to pit a lap early :banghead:

Pit stop- 48 litres of fuel and some new rubber, have decided to try 14 laps on these so I can do a flat out 9 lapper later on :D

L58- Once again I leave the pits in 2nd place (19 sec). Got to get to lap 72 to allow myself a blast to set a good lap time. Ultra tyre saving laps are draining my will to live!
L59-63 I have been controlling myself and luckily 1st has been stuck behind a back marker so I have caught him by 15 seconds, again he pits before I can make my move :(
L64- Coming into my favourite corner (spoon) I breifly lose the rear of the car, confident from my earlier skills I calmy over correct and not so calmly come off the track and park the car face first into a barrier. This allows 2nd to close me to 5 seconds (from 18)
L65-70 I have had some more luck with the back markers, 2nd closed me to 1.5 seconds (due to tyre saving) but then got stuck again leaving me with a 6 second lead.
L71- I have been closed to 3 seconds by 2nd and have to pit next lap.
L72- Into the pits and I am followed by my nemesis, its the Arta NSX again grrr. He is determined to spoil my party.

Pit stop- 46 litres in and prepare for a 10 lap blast on my fresh tyres!!!

L73-80 Total disaster!! Coming out 28 seconds behind the lead I started razzing around like a mad man setting 2.03's and eating the lead up and increasing the gap between me and the Arta car. I got it down to 16 seconds in no time but as I was coming round the fast left hander before the final chicane I put a rear wheel on the grass and went spinning off :( Now 22 seconds down and in THIRD).
I focus on driving quick again but on the next lap I shoot off the track again (spoon) now i am 30 seconds down. Heading for the pits and cursing my noobishness I suspend the race until tomorrow.

Pit stop- 30 litres

L80-92 Going for a 12 lap stint now to see if I can reduce the deficit, no heroics required, just no crashes please.
I am trimming 2 seconds a lap off 1st but I am still in third place, I now know that a blue NSX is leading with my ARTA chum in 2nd. I check the map and see that they are approaching a large bunch of soon to be lapped cars. Grimly determined I attemp to keep concentration and the time soon starts peeling off as they struggle to overtake. 1st pits and I take 2nd place, 1st is now the ARTA and he is almost matching my laps. No offs in this stint means that I can catch him on his old tyres and make a pass just before I pit, he follows me in.

Pit stop- 30 litres

L92-104 I come out in 2nd (blue NSX, is it calsonic?) and am 17 seconds down going for another 12 lap stint. I am in full swing now and catching first, I finally catch him on lap 102 and maintain a 2 second lead for the rest of this lap. Coming into the first corner I misjudge the braking distance and he is past me, on rough tyres I give chase and we swap places a few times before we both pit (he is leading). ARTY my new buddy takes 1st.

Pit stop- 25 litres (to pinch 2nd :D)

L105- I come out in 2nd place and chase down 1st while holding myself back from giving it too much welly, my control pays off as I catch him on lap 110 and still have 70% on my tyres :D
L110-116 I am leaving 1st behind by roughly 4 seconds a lap and when my tyres get bad I still manage to maintain the gap at 23 seconds, really low on fuel now so pitting for 48 litres now. This will lose me 1st but I know he is due to pit soon and that may lead to me having a pit stop in hand at the end of the next stint (barring mistakes).

Pit stop- 48 litres and some new boots

Lap 116- Come out only 9 seconds behind 1st who is coming up to some traffic...perfect :D I manage to close him down quickly and take 1st on Lap 119. I now have 10 laps to work on the gap between me and 2nd (Blue NSX)
L120-129 I drive almost perfectly with only one minor error, meanwhile the blue NSX pitted on lap 127 leaving me a huge 40 second gap :D I will now come out first and must keep it clean on the next few stints.

"oh and sarge! I dont know if anyone cares but I think its about to get dark" Du Du DUUUUUUU :lol: (sorry but I am going insane at this point).

Pit stop- 32 litres and a fresh set of, well, you know :D

Lap 130- AGAIN I come out in 2nd! I really expected the lead to be enough, oh well crack on. 6 seconds down and the leader has to be on old tyres.
L131- Catch the leader going into the final chicane and leave him in my dust, knowing he will pit I wouldnt mind knowing where 3rd is.
L132-141 2nd pits and I have a 19 second lead over 2nd. He catches me slowly for a couple of laps then his tyres go off and I start to pull away (22 sec). 2nd must have pitted around lap 138 because my lead is now 38 seconds 👍 I pit in at the end of the stint with a 39 second advantage.

Pit stop- 40 litres + tyres (its still getting dark but doesnt seem to want to, maybe its overcast..rain?)

L142- Cant believe it, 2nd again! This time by 6 seconds (must be ARTY) so I proceed to chase him down.
L143- I can see the leader, it is him so I got to get by.
L144- Overtake ARTY coming into the 2nd corner and after a hairy moment at the left hairpin after the bridge get myself down to putting in some good laps.
L145-150 I am pretty happy with my position so decide to go only until lap 50 then do two 11 lap stints till the finish, this is going well and I continue to build a 22 second lead on 2nd. ARTY has pitted and left me being chased by the blue NSX. On lap 45 I completely misjudge the last chicane and plant myself into the (rathersolid) tyre wall :(
Lead down to 13 seconds now I start to drive too fast and end up coming off again at spoon, now I may be in the doo doo. I have to pit another 2 times and I think the CPU has to pit once. As I enter the pits I catch the back end and turn the car in the pit lane. In my haste to correct I agree to put the reccomended fuel in, which costs me a further 10 seconds. I may lose this one now for real!

Pitstop- Didnt see how much fuel went in but it was too much!

L151- I am 39 seconds behind 1st, I need to stop again and so do they. I wont need fuel so that will buy me a bit of time but I have got a hell of a lot to do.
L152-161- Racing my socks off but so is the competition. When ARTY pits I take 2nd and on lap 58 I am 16 seconds down :( Not looking good. 1 crash and its curtains 👎 I failed to catch 1st and am now trailing by 9 seconds with 10 laps to go. I am just praying he pits...he has to pit!!!!

Pit Stop- No fuel needed :banghead: fresh tyres and a mountain to climb. I dont think I can do this unless he needs a lot of fuel. 11 laps to go.

Lap 162- Come out in third with 11 laps to go, I set my fastest lap (2.02.921) and consistently setting 2.03's. Concentration levels are up.
164- At last the blue NSX pits and I pass him with no stops to do! :D Just ARTY now and I am 9 seconds behind.
165- I am right behind ARTY who was stuck behind slow traffic but have used too much rubber to catch him, I will have to hold him up at the end (unless he pits which is unlikely).
166- I have taken first and built a 3 second lead, now all I need is some traffic for my pursuer. Tyres might be ok if I am careful.
167-ARTY has pitted and I discover to my horror that the blue NSX is only 9 seconds behind me. Although I am in first my tyres are so bad I cannot hold him off and the gap is closing.
157-171 I am losing just over a second a lap but must keep cool, there is no traffic between us and he is flying on newer tyres. (voices in the deep :()
172- I can see him in my mirror but.............................I take the win with a 1.9 second gap :D

Nearly at level 40 now, happy days thats another out of the way and a damn close race!!!!

If anyone is yet to do this race I would recommend this car for an exciting enduro. I must mention that my brakes were flickering on and off in the last 60 or so laps so maybe bring the engine down to 93% to compensate. Great race with a happy ending 👍

Last edited:
Sound like a good race man! I might do one some time. How do you type whilst driving?

Dont be silly etid, Bret doesnt need to look at the screen to drive, hes probably just casually steering with one hand :D good to see you dont need any "accidental" hold ups like ellis, makes it more exciting 👍

:lol: at ellis' 'accidental' hold ups. If it wasnt for the drastic tyre wear changes I would have walked it mate.

My hold ups are awesome what are you on about :D They all did happen. I just chose not to pause :lol: Made the race much more fun :lol: My de-tuning wasn't de-tuned enough the car handled too well. I mean Bret as you said how poo are the AI. The only issue I had was back markers, tyre wear and that's it.

Your hold ups were manufactured a little but I get why.
I spent a bit of time making sure I didnt have too much of an edge and now I may be in a spot of bother. The AI are dumb but they got an aggression boost from the last update, with 90 laps to go I should catch up but its so easy to make a mistake on Suzuka.

didn't have that problem a Tsukuba. Massive margin for error. It was pre update and my car handled like a bbbeeeeaaasssttt

You did have the aggressive AI, it was part of the last but one update I think. They are still fairly easy to overtake but you got to catch them first :D

Mine kept pitting 5 laps less than me :lol: so as soon as they had a lead they pitted

I have figured out that the AI at Suzuka always pit at the same intervals albeit different for different cars. My main rival (I think) is now the blue NSX who pits every 13 laps. ARTY who has been following me most of the way like some kind of brightly coloured stalker of welsh people, seems to pit every 12 and is slowly falling behind now. By lap 12 of a stint I have 5% on the front and 10% on the rears so you can see how this is a risky one :)

Nice to see you won it man! Me, on the other hand at the Indy 500 ._.

NascarManiaco99
Nice to see you won it man! Me, on the other hand at the Indy 500 ._.
Thanks man, did you lose it?? Have you got a thread on here?

Ellis- Its good to make it competitive but when it comes close at the end of the race your rectum tightens with every lap :lol:

Thanks mang, it took some serious concentration at the end. What Enduro's do you have left to do? I have only done GVS, Indy 500, Suzuka, NB 4hr and Laguna Seca.

Latest Posts

Back