• Thread starter Michelin
  • 17 comments

Michelin

What ties you to this world?
Premium
Brazil
São Paulo
GTP_Michelin
Following Roj currently attempt with the Subaru Impreza TC (stop calling it a Kia :lol:), I'm giving this a try too. Using a Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car with GfxJG tune (found here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5177461#post5177461), without the High RPM Turbo.
445BHP, 980Kg, 586PP. Against:

Motul Autech GT-R
Yellowhat YMS TOMICA GT-R
Calsonic IMPUL GT-R
ARTA NSX
Raybrig NSX
Takata Dome NSX
XANAVI NISMO GT-R
Eneos SC430
Denso SC430
Clarion GT-R
Yellowhat YMS Supra

Why I'm not so sure of my win? :nervous:

FIRST STINT - Lap 1 to Lap 7
Right at the start I lose a drag race to a GT-R and get blocked by it coming to the 1st turn. The leader starts to run away, while 2nd hold a 7 car pack which I'm last (8th). After lap 2, I'm 6th and moving on. On lap 4 I get hold of 2nd and have to catch the leader which is 10 seconds ahead. I enter the pits on lap 7 since my front tires are leading me to overshoot the corners.
Fastest lap was a 2:03.xxx on lap 5.
Race suspended due to the fact that I need to walk with the dog, take a shower, eat dinner and watch my favorite soccer team on TV. :lol:

SECOND STINT - Lap 8 to Lap 14
I enter in second to get out in 10th. :indiff: I start running reaaallyyy fast to get back to second and in a matter of 3 laps I'm 10 seconds behind 1st at 2nd again! On lap 13 the leading GT-R pits. I have to pit on lap 14 after squeezing every grip the front tires had. I have a 30+ plus lead. Putting 23L and RS.
Fastest lap was a 2:01.778 on lap 10.

THIRD STINT - Lap 15 to Lap 21
Enter 1st, get out 2nd, retakes 1st. Nothing much happened, no signs of rain. Quite boring if you ask me. Sign of last place on lap 21, but needed to pit. Having to make the last chicane at 50-60 km/h means something :lol:
Fastest lap was a 1:59.789 at lap 16 (right after I passed the ARTA NSX).

FOURTH STINT - Lap 22 to Lap 28
Get back in 2nd, almost 3rd. Starting to lap a huge number of cars as they pit for the second time. I pit and suspend the race while in the lead with a comfort lead of 1 minute plus after the 1 hour mark has been reached.

FIFTH STINT - Lap 29 to Lap 38
Nothing much happened. Enter 1st, come back in the lead, lap some cars while they go for they third stint. Pitting for 33L and RH.

SIXTH STINT - Lap 39 to Lap 48
Nothing happening, only the fact that I put 3rd place a lap down right before I needed to pit.

SEVENTH/EIGHT/NINTH STINT - Lap 49 to Lap 78
Put a lap on second place and nothing more happened. Strange thing is I have been using 1L less every two stint. The 1st time I drove 10 laps I used 33L (Fifth Stint). On the ninth stint I have used 30L (saw before I decided to suspend the race).

TENTH STINT - Lap 79 to Lap 80
Most stupid stint ever :lol: I had restarted the race from where I had stopped, and opened the 80th lap when my mom called me for dinner. I was going to wait for 30 minutes before playing it again. In the meantime, my dad got home and said that we had a party to attend of an uncle. Needless to say, I complete the lap, enter the pits and suspend it again :indiff:

ELEVENTH/TWELFTH STINT - Lap 81 to Lap 100
Lapping and lapping and lapping a huge number of cars. Atleast I'm passing some cars, that makes the boredom go away :lol:

Last edited:
Following Roj currently attempt with the Subaru Impreza TC (stop calling it a Kia :lol:)

It's a Kia with a BMW M5 rear bumper. Deal with it. :sly:

Also if it rains, you instantly win because 4WD destroys RWD in the wet. So good luck!

It's a Kia with a BMW M5 rear bumper. Deal with it. :sly:

Also if it rains, you instantly win because 4WD destroys RWD in the wet. So good luck!

I still don't agree with you. But anyway, I'm waiting for rain :lol:

FIRST STINT - Lap 1 to Lap 7
Right at the start I lose a drag race to a GT-R and get blocked by it coming to the 1st turn. The leader starts to run away, while 2nd hold a 7 car pack which I'm last (8th). After lap 2, I'm 6th and moving on. On lap 4 I get hold of 2nd and have to catch the leader which is 10 seconds ahead. I enter the pits on lap 7 since my front tires are leading me to overshoot the corners.
Fastest lap was a 2:03.xxx on lap 5.
Race suspended due to the fact that I need to walk with the dog, take a shower, eat dinner and watch my favorite soccer team on TV. :lol:

SECOND STINT - Lap 8 to Lap 14
I enter in second to get out in 10th. :indiff: I start running reaaallyyy fast to get back to second and in a matter of 3 laps I'm 10 seconds behind 1st at 2nd again! On lap 13 the leading GT-R pits. I have to pit on lap 14 after squeezing every grip the front tires had. I have a 30+ plus lead. Putting 23L and RS.
Fastest lap was a 2:01.778 on lap 10.

If your FTO handles good enough on racing hards, switch to those so you're not pitting every 7 laps. Better to lose 40 seconds over a 10 lap period than to lose 30 seconds every 7. :) Otherwise yeah, doing well it seems. 👍

If your FTO handles good enough on racing hards, switch to those so you're not pitting every 7 laps. Better to lose 40 seconds over a 10 lap period than to lose 30 seconds every 7. :) Otherwise yeah, doing well it seems. 👍

I'll have to wait for the fifth stint to try it, since I have never driven the FTO before :lol: And I have already choose tires and fuel for next stint :indiff:

THIRD STINT - Lap 15 to Lap 21
Enter 1st, get out 2nd, retakes 1st. Nothing much happened, no signs of rain. Quite boring if you ask me. Sign of last place on lap 21, but needed to pit. Having to make the last chicane at 50-60 km/h means something :lol:
Fastest lap was a 1:59.789 at lap 16 (right after I passed the ARTA NSX).

Last edited:
FOURTH STINT - Lap 22 to Lap 28
Get back in 2nd, almost 3rd. Starting to lap a huge number of cars as they pit for the second time. I pit and suspend the race while in the lead with a comfort lead of 1 minute plus after the 1 hour mark has been reached.

FIFTH STINT - Lap 29 to Lap 38
Nothing much happened. Enter 1st, come back in the lead, lap some cars while they go for they third stint. Pitting for 33L and RH.

SIXTH STINT - Lap 39 to Lap 48
Nothing happening, only the fact that I put 3rd place a lap down right before I needed to pit.

I did this in my FTO STC a while back. Not sure why you would ever need a tune though...and I did it on Racing Hards.

Whole race was sunny, but for the first 130ish laps, I did it in Update 2.01 and the last 40 odd laps, I did the race in Update 2.02...the update happened while I was in the middle of the race. Remember, that changed the tire wear...

Before, I was pitting every 16 but I had to take one lap less now, on the same tyres. The strategy I went with meant I would be on my last lap with my tyres - on the last lap. The AI obviously had to pit more but it didn't seem to affect the outcome...my tyres ended up being so bad on the last lap that I lost nearly 10 seconds of advantage over the ARTA NSX going into the last lap...and in the end, I spent 6 hours 30 minutes, 1000km and 172 laps of racing in my FTO STC to win by 0.2 seconds. Easily the most epic race I have had in GT5 even ahead of my 0.001 second win way back when in Like the Wind Indy w/787B Stealth Model, if only for the end. I don't think either me nor the AI cars ever really got over a minute ahead at the least, was always so close. If you're already lapping 3rd though your race might not be so close...either way, good luck.

I was previously thinking of running this in a fully modified FT86 G-Sports Concept but ever since the tyre wear update that's gone out the window. Same for a fully modded Autobacs Garaiya...I wanna see how all the prize cars for the events do in their respective events, like recreating this great thread from GT4 for GT5. Would need a new save though :sly:

I did this in my FTO STC a while back. Not sure why you would ever need a tune though...and I did it on Racing Hards.

Whole race was sunny, but for the first 130ish laps, I did it in Update 2.01 and the last 40 odd laps, I did the race in Update 2.02...the update happened while I was in the middle of the race. Remember, that changed the tire wear...

Before, I was pitting every 16 but I had to take one lap less now, on the same tyres. The strategy I went with meant I would be on my last lap with my tyres - on the last lap. The AI obviously had to pit more but it didn't seem to affect the outcome...my tyres ended up being so bad on the last lap that I lost nearly 10 seconds of advantage over the ARTA NSX going into the last lap...and in the end, I spent 6 hours 30 minutes, 1000km and 172 laps of racing in my FTO STC to win by 0.2 seconds. Easily the most epic race I have had in GT5 even ahead of my 0.001 second win way back when in Like the Wind Indy w/787B Stealth Model, if only for the end. I don't think either me nor the AI cars ever really got over a minute ahead at the least, was always so close. If you're already lapping 3rd though your race might not be so close...either way, good luck.

I was previously thinking of running this in a fully modified FT86 G-Sports Concept but ever since the tyre wear update that's gone out the window. Same for a fully modded Autobacs Garaiya...I wanna see how all the prize cars for the events do in their respective events, like recreating this great thread from GT4 for GT5. Would need a new save though :sly:

I'm using the tune to win more easily, not have any surprises like when I lost the GV 60 Lap Endurance on the last lap (that still hurts me, mind you).

SEVENTH/EIGHT/NINTH STINT - Lap 49 to Lap 78
Put a lap on second place and nothing more happened. Strange thing is I have been using 1L less every two stint. The 1st time I drove 10 laps I used 33L (Fifth Stint). On the ninth stint I have used 30L (saw before I decided to suspend the race).

Did you take note of how much mileage your FTO had before the race? I worked out that my Impreza did 623.1 miles during the race, slightly more than PD's 620.65 mile claim. Funny thing thing, 1000km is 625 miles. Good job PD! :lol:

Did you take note of how much mileage your FTO had before the race? I worked out that my Impreza did 623.1 miles during the race, slightly more than PD's 620.65 mile claim. Funny thing thing, 1000km is 625 miles. Good job PD! :lol:

It had 4000km since I bought it from the UCD..

TENTH STINT - Lap 79 to Lap 80
Most stupid stint ever :lol: I had restarted the race from where I had stopped, and opened the 80th lap when my mom called me for dinner. I was going to wait for 30 minutes before playing it again. In the meantime, my dad got home and said that we had a party to attend of an uncle. Needless to say, I complete the lap, enter the pits and suspend it again :indiff:

ELEVENTH/TWELFTH STINT - Lap 81 to Lap 100
Lapping and lapping and lapping a huge number of cars. Atleast I'm passing some cars, that makes the boredom go away :lol:

I'm on lap 170 right now! Gonna put some Racing Soft tires and try to beat my best lap of 1:59.789 on the last lap (172)!

Pulled a 1:55.xxx on the last lap to win by 2 laps over the ARTA NSX.
Maan, this race is tiring!

This is great to hear champ! as i was an owner of a FTO VersionR 98' in real life.

Loved it and love it also in GT5.

Nice work.

Latest Posts

Back