Suzuka 1000km - TWO Failed Attempts

• Thread starter FC3S5
  • 8 comments
So, I've been going through A-spec mode no problem, mostly enjoying it and never had to grind, except I had to do the used car refresh trick for about an hour to finally get the F1 car.

I get to level 30 and, and decide I should win the X1 car to do the remainder endurance races to save some time. Well, using the DS3 controller, I haven't been able to beat Suzuka yet, and judging by my skill after a few hours on the track, I won't be able to. Trying to win the X1 car put me at a stand still with the game for a few weeks because I basically needed a day on the weekend to be able to put in enough time to win the X1 challenges.

So after a few weeks I move on to the Suzuka 1000km and just use the F1 car. I estimated this race would take close to 5 hours after doing 20 or so laps. So obviously I am going to pause the game and come back to it every so often...

I put in about 2 hours the first day, while still racing I get a text message. So I paused it to reply to that, then went back to the game. Well, apparently my controller decided to scroll to the right one, so I actually pressed restart.

FML

Okay so next day I put that to the back of my mind and started again. I put in about 2 hours and pause it to finish the next day (today).

I get home from work, race until lap 140 then I was about to pass out from being tired so I fell asleep on the couch (I paused it).

I wake up, go back to the game to finish the last 45 minutes or so, and as I am on the first lap back, I get a text message.

Well, I guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time, cus I after I paused the game, I accidently pressed restart again.

FML

This is so frustrating and now feels like the biggest waste of time I don't even know why I am doing these endurance races. I think in the end it would feel satisfying to have done them all especially 24hrs on the ring, but would I even dare attempt that knowing if the power flickers or if I **** up a pause menu again, a 24 hour race could turn into a 24 day race?

Why is there no save function on endurance races? I don't know if I am going back to A-spec mode now.

I can't exactly commiserate, but I lost a 24 hour le mans B-Spec race after literally 23:50 due to throwing a breaker. I had a space heater on, and my wife went to blow dry her hair on the same breaker...boom. I had just turned my tv on to watch the last 15 minutes of the race while I ate breakfast. I was going to be one more le mans away from level 40, but that set me back another day. I was annoyed, but I can't imagine how annoyed I would have been had I been the one grinding away.

1. Use always the start button to leave the pause menu, so you can never hit the wrong option.
2. Look on the screen before you hit a button to make sure, you have chosen the right option.
3. Never answer a text massage while driving a car.
5. ????
6. Profit.

Try getting used to pressing the circle button when you want to resume the game from the pause menu, Worked for me & have never had an accidental re-start since.

When I need a prolonged break (more than a minute) I always pause, then go into 'quick options', then open up the first item. That way I always need two different button presses to resume the game, and no real danger of restarting the race by accident.

still... I think there needs to come an update with a save function and a confirmation dialog asking if your are sure to restart the game...
have you noticed that buying upgrades for your car takes up to 4x pressing (x) button!!!

Very good point.. Do you wish to buy? yes.. do you want to install it now? No I just wanted to buy it to put in a box in the garage COME ON!

How there's no save function for a 24 hour race is just crazy!

1. Use always the start button to leave the pause menu, so you can never hit the wrong option.
2. Look on the screen before you hit a button to make sure, you have chosen the right option.
3. Never answer a text massage while driving a car.
5. ????
6. Profit.

#3 was definitely worth a laugh given the original post :D.

Back