Suzuka shortcut

• Thread starter KakCAT
  • 20 comments
Hello!

I have noticed that you can jump the final suzuka chicane and get a better time than just doing it right. Before entering the chicane brake until you're about 140km/h, then move to 6th gear (I'm using manual), press accelerator and skip the chicane (so that obviously you don't eat the tyre barrier).
Moving to 6th gear makes the speed penalization minimal (which I think it's another bug)
You get a 4.5s penalization but I think overall gives you a faster laptime.

I don't know if it's really a good shortcut I'm not playing time attack, only online racing, so I can't assure if it's better or not because I can't see what's happening behind the chicane, and I only "use it" when I'm first and I can't "strike" anybody in the middle of the chicane. (I hope they put online replays soon)

I don't like people taking shortcuts in racing games and that's why I'm posting this here. I have the impression that we're a kind of beta testers, but I have no idea on how to contact PD to report it. So I think it's better to make it public so that they're forced to fix it.

Another shortcut to do is right after the first turn, just skip run off the course over to the beginning of third turn. Don't change direction in the grass as it will slow you down. In the ferrari mission you'll be able to overtake your team mate and the first audi by doing this.

And you don't get a penalty!

This is why the penalty system fails. The funny thing is i am sure PD know about this but they choose to do nothing, or they need better beta tester.

is there a penalty system in single player? if not why not? Human just as likely to try and cheat!

i often oversteer into a corner and put my insider wheels onto the grass and my outside just on the road/run off strip and put some power down, my inside wheels lose a bit of traction pulling me tighter into the corner as opposed to pushing me wide through understeer. can be used very effectively in Suzuka etc on the medium speed right/left section early on in the lap also pulls you inside most cars so that you can overtake them too.

hope you know what i mean!

Yea it's a good technique to use to make you quicker. I watched 'fastyfast's' replay in the Nissan GT-R and he/she just throws it into the corners and it seems to work! A stunning lap and on the edge all the way round :dopey: It just a shame a cheater in the 599 cuts the grass twice to beat it, makes me sick watching it :ill::ouch:

Hello!

I have noticed that you can jump the final suzuka chicane and get a better time than just doing it right. Before entering the chicane brake until you're about 140km/h, then move to 6th gear (I'm using manual), press accelerator and skip the chicane (so that obviously you don't eat the tyre barrier).
Moving to 6th gear makes the speed penalization minimal (which I think it's another bug)
You get a 4.5s penalization but I think overall gives you a faster laptime.

I don't know if it's really a good shortcut I'm not playing time attack, only online racing, so I can't assure if it's better or not because I can't see what's happening behind the chicane, and I only "use it" when I'm first and I can't "strike" anybody in the middle of the chicane. (I hope they put online replays soon)

I don't like people taking shortcuts in racing games and that's why I'm posting this here. I have the impression that we're a kind of beta testers, but I have no idea on how to contact PD to report it. So I think it's better to make it public so that they're forced to fix it.

the only thing i can say is, somebody at the QA team at polyphony needs to be fired. you can't have that in the game, speacially when its ruining time trials. just unexcusable. i hope they fix this soon

the only thing i can say is, somebody at the QA team at polyphony needs to be fired. you can't have that in the game, speacially when its ruining time trials. just unexcusable. i hope they fix this soon
Oh for crying out loud!!
PD has a few testers looking for these kinds of things, there are over 100,000 gamers looking for these kind of things now, who do you think has a better chance of finding the flaws??
GT5P is kind of a beta test any way, I'm sure PD is looking into all this stuff & will try to correct it before GT5 is released.
Hell it may be fixed in a patch.

If you want real penalties with no quarter given sell all your games & get into SCCA racing, these guys won't cut you any slack!

It's a game people, it will never be perfect!!!
Just enjoy it.

Oh for crying out loud!!
PD has a few testers looking for these kinds of things, there are over 100,000 gamers looking for these kind of things now, who do you think has a better chance of finding the flaws??
GT5P is kind of a beta test any way, I'm sure PD is looking into all this stuff & will try to correct it before GT5 is released.

If you want real penalties with no quarter given sell all your games & get into SCCA racing, these guys won't cut you any slack!

Just enjoy it.

no, i'm not dissing the game the way it sounds. i just think that this particular bug is really easy to spot. just try it and then you will understand. or just watch the top time right nw in suzuka with amateur physics, you'll see

There are bound to be little things like this at most tracks. PD really needs to get on top of it. At Fuji GT you can run off the track at one of the left handers and carry your speed till the next turn where you have a better turn in angle. Its much faster.

I loaded the fastest driver at Suzuka just to see how the fastest guy drives and yup he's shortcutting in the grass intentionally....amazing!! That's what I want , to be listed as the fastest guy in the time trial and then have people watch my replay as I cheat. These guys are advertising the fact that they're cheaters..friggin unbelievable!!
None of the drivers I've raced with here for the last 3 years would even consider such a thing, replay available or not. We race here in series using the honor code and occasionally a new driver will come in and start cheating , but it doesn't take long before they are found out and dispensed with. Actually we have one of them now in a series and he will soon be run out of the series and won't be allowed back unless he changes his name. What really makes us other drivers mad is the fact that they think they're out smarting us which really insults our intelligence ( what little we have) and not to be predudiced but most are quite young, 13-15 years old. OK you young guys no need to slam me, most of you are honest but a few think they're smarter then us old guys and think we're easily fooled just because we're old, blind and hard of hearing:)

Oh for crying out loud!!

Just enjoy it.

Dude we are not talking about flaws like the glove box had no handles and the driver only had four fingers little graphic 5h17 like that, the penalty system is a huge code for the online part of this game. You don't need 100,000 players to spot it, I notice it the second time the play those circuits. Also, please stop saying GT5P is "beta" I pay full price for a game that they marketed as a stand alone full retail game; This beta talk is really getting old.....

You don't need a uber-duper-master-beta-tester to notice the broken penalty system. Making your car invisible when you hit somebody very hard, but still give the player total steering control and still allow the car to travel at speed should NEVER get pass "concept" level when the idea is still on paper.

I couldn't care less if they never fix it, just give us the ability to create private races and I don't even need a stupid penalty system to keep people in check when I play with people who actually "races".

i see videogames, speacially those competitive games like gran turismo, like a sport.

in sports, people do whatever they can to win. whatever it takes, as long as the rules abide or if you can get through without getting caught.

like it or not, you will see players grabbing jerseys in soccer, players fouling shaquille o'neal because he is a bad shooter, teams stealing ideas from its competitors to design a better car, egg.

that's why you got have a set of rules to control your "sport". we love gran turismo and our competitive nature is what makes us repeat laps, tune cars, keep going until we get the perfect lap.

off course people will do whatever it takes to be fast. simple, like what's the fastest way from point a to point b. you got to have rules to deny those cheats, that's all we're saying.

were not complaing about reverse lights, hands not showing full motion and so on. what were saying is, the penalty system right now is broken and needs serious tuning before it's something worthy of being a stopgap for the lack of damage.

i'm a perfectionist in real life, i don't really care to read about what i'm doing right. i like to see what's wrong and try to fix it.

i don't get why so many people in this forum think it's such a blasphemy to point out the shortcomings of our beloved game. we know it's a work in progress, we know it's not a finished product, but still, if something is wrong i feel like i have to say something in order to help.

this penalty system is a joke, and if you played online or in time trials you know what i'm talking about.

i'm dissing the QA team because:

if they had chosen the license test kind of penalty, we would not have any problems with short cuts at any given track. you put 4 wheels in the grass, your lap doesn't count, it's simple.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to drive around the track and figure that people can do that. they had extensive tests because in many places like the final chicane in suzuka or the chicane in daytona road, they are very scrict about going off the track. they just missed out in suzuka and i'm sure with people like me bitching about they will fix it.

go online and check the best overall times for daytona, most of them are done with a corvette Z06. that makes me angry because it's the same stupid cheating bug we had since GT1. haven't they figure that out already? now it's clear because its online, but ever since GT1 and it's license tests, you could use the wall at your advantage as long as you don't bump the car with the front bumper. as you can clearly see in the replays of daytona, if you put the back of the car in the wall, you get away with it. that's bad for online rankings and it's disrespectful for people that are fair. i'm not complaining because its on GT5 Prologue. i'm complaining because it's something that, in some extent, you can do in GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4. i guess i have the right to call out someone in the QA team.

as for the shortcut itself, what's funny (or worst) is to see other people doing the same once the first guy found out.

enough of ranting, i just got really mad at seeing daytona replays today

I wouldn't worry much about the penalizations problem, I'm sure PD will try to fix them as soon as they spot it. I just posted this because I think PD should have an easy way to receive feedback from players, but they definitively don't :guilty:

I mean, about the suzuka top time cheating... maybe they haven't even realized it's a cheating time. And anyways, it's been christmas. I pity the engineers that put the online running on 25th.

I loaded the fastest driver at Suzuka just to see how the fastest guy drives and yup he's shortcutting in the grass intentionally....amazing!! That's what I want , to be listed as the fastest guy in the time trial and then have people watch my replay as I cheat. These guys are advertising the fact that they're cheaters..friggin unbelievable!!
None of the drivers I've raced with here for the last 3 years would even consider such a thing, replay available or not. We race here in series using the honor code and occasionally a new driver will come in and start cheating , but it doesn't take long before they are found out and dispensed with. Actually we have one of them now in a series and he will soon be run out of the series and won't be allowed back unless he changes his name. What really makes us other drivers mad is the fact that they think they're out smarting us which really insults our intelligence ( what little we have) and not to be predudiced but most are quite young, 13-15 years old. OK you young guys no need to slam me, most of you are honest but a few think they're smarter then us old guys and think we're easily fooled just because we're old, blind and hard of hearing:)

I play to have fun and so should you. I don't think cheating or dirty tactics is fun so I never did any of those 5h17. Online ranking/stats to me is basically nothing more that a hacker/exploit fest on all online games (BF2 anyone???).

No PC race sim ever had this kind of elaborate panelty system to stop people from corner cutting and ramming. The mechanism is designed and specifically put in place for the r-tard players that PD is "anticipating"........

True and sad. 👍

I would rather have a slow time and look like a crappy driver than people watch my replay and go ohh look he's a cheater. A sad state of fact when people would rather cheat there way to the top.

Also, please stop saying GT5P is "beta" I pay full price for a game that they marketed as a stand alone full retail game; This beta talk is really getting old.....

Sorry man but it is a Beta!
This is the first Gran Turismo game to have online capabilities, This is a very important Beta for PD so they can see all the problems that may arise with online play & deal with them before the full release.
I'm sure that had as much to do with it being released in Japan first as anything else.

I paid $70 with shipping for this myself & knew full well it was a Beta & there would hopefully be patches along the way to fix any bugs.

This is the first Gran Turismo game to have online capabilities, This is a very important Beta for PD so they can see all the problems that may arise with online play & deal with them before the full release.
I'm sure that had as much to do with it being released in Japan first as anything else.

I paid $70 with shipping for this myself & knew full well it was a Beta & there would hopefully be patches along the way to fix any bugs.

Saids who?

Unless you can show me something official form SONY or PD in any shape or form either tangible or digital; then i will believe you.

You "claiming" it is "beta" doesn't mean it is.

I disagree. It kinda functions like a beta, but I think of it as a full game.

At least you're not one of those who say it's a demo of GT5, which is so wrong. it's not a demo, it's exactly what it's called - a prologue.

8aklzlf.jpg

I guess some of you have never watched legendary videos from GT:HD demo where guys were shaving-off seconds by literally slamming into fences which was catapulting them down the track with ridiculous speed. And winning them top-times.

Untill Trek and Holl showed up, kinda same as in Prologue :D

Thankfully Prologue you cant slam into fences for fast ranked times on the Eiger track.

Latest Posts

Back