Suzuki Cappuccino

Leon200079
No matter how hard I push the car I cannot seem to get better than 1:43:023 on the first Class C time trial. I know its a bit of a beginners question, but is there any tips out there from the more experienced drivers at GTP.

Thank you in advance.

My best is 1.41.3. The best tip I can give you is to not push it hard, just drive smoothly and utilize the entire track.

You can't use quick tune for this event, providing you know the track really well its quite simple to get the gold - just setup your favourite assists etc (dont think anything will hamper you) apart from gears!

You need to use manual, the automatic gearbox will never reach fifth on this track in normal circumstances so you will be topping out at 107 orso, shifting into fifth a touch 'early' will let you build to 110+ in the fast bits so you save seconds on the straight/first bend.

It really seems to hinge on the last corner/straight/first corner being perfect - if you can slipstream you'll get a 1:37:** lap no problem.

Love this track and its great fun todo this event :P

I'm no expert when it comes to GT, can't drift and know nothing about tuning.
I did however just complete the above task but 100th of a second.
I turned all the aids off, had it as standard mode with manual gears.

you really have to use up the 10 minutes also push the gears to the limit (work out when to change gears)

every corner has to be tight as possible, a little break mixed with a change down in gear. now and again you can slip stream for just a second or two before the other car pulls away which will help.

I did not drift and turn just kind of skidded a little into some turns. I think I completed it after about the 5th lap going round

Sorry for the double post, just loaded up my replay to grab some dodgy phone pictures:

You should be hitting 110+ in 5th gear in the first bend:

capspeed.jpg

And my time despite fluffing the 2nd corner completely:

capgold.jpg

I usually shift into 5th @ around 7.5 rpm and a lil slipstream if your lucky gets you to 120~ by the second turn!

You shouldn't really be revving above 7k, the powerband just dies after that. This does mean using manual transmission but you will reap the benefits. Also I would try not to be too aggressive with your steering as you dont have much grip to save you due to the skinny tires. It's been a while since I drove the Cap so I might not be bang on about it, but I tried :)

The car's a blast to drive and can drift it around some corners. The only problem is that you lose speed with the drift so smooth driving is key.
In the few laps I ran this race, I also ran a best of 1:43 but it was only for a one time 5 minute run.
I just got my PS3 today and have finished all the C-class races with me now pushing the B-class schedule.
I can see where this will be as addicting as the GT2, GT3, and GT4 games were. :D

I did this on professional back when I started, no aids on, and got so close to a gold. I was just a couple hundreths of a second off. Considering I didn't know about drafting back then or that you should short-shift the car, I may be able to get a gold now.

Back