Suzuki Dirt Trial Car '98

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheUntoldStory
  • 13 comments
  • 1,532 views
Messages
8
United States
Hammond Indiana
Messages
xTheUntoldStoryx
My Suzuki Dirt Trial Car has been tuned with all of the turbo kits in GT5 and whenever i race sometimes it will go to full speed fast but other times it will just stick in one speed and slow down in turns and stay there until it reaches 170 MPH is this usual or unusual? if it is why does that happen? and what can i do to fix it?

Thanks, TheUntoldStory
 
My Suzuki Dirt Trial Car has been tuned with all of the turbo kits in GT5 and whenever i race sometimes it will go to full speed fast but other times it will just stick in one speed and slow down in turns and stay there until it reaches 170 MPH is this usual or unusual? if it is why does that happen? and what can i do to fix it?

Thanks, TheUntoldStory

Bogging down, wheel spin, you forgot to shift down, poor power band/curve.
What transmission settings are you using?
 
My Suzuki Dirt Trial Car has been tuned with all of the turbo kits in GT5 and whenever i race sometimes it will go to full speed fast but other times it will just stick in one speed and slow down in turns and stay there until it reaches 170 MPH is this usual or unusual? if it is why does that happen? and what can i do to fix it?

Thanks, TheUntoldStory

That car has bad turbo lag,you don't get power till 5-6000 rpm,shorter gears are you friend here.
 
i usually have it at shorter gears but in races like the indy 500 in "like the wind" i have to set the top speed to 250 and thats were its at its worse is there a way to fix it? if not thanks for the help
 
If it's the power band or turbo lag then it's not possible to fix (Well the way I see it for me it's un-fixable).
 
GT5 does not have turbo lag.

The Escudo has an extremely peaky powerband and huge drag. It makes just under 1000 peak hp, but the average hp over the entire rev range is maybe 400-500 or something. If you want acceleration, you need to set up your gears so that the engine is at an RPM that is near peak power RPM. You can see power vs RPM in the tuning screen.
 
GT5 does not have turbo lag.

The Escudo has an extremely peaky powerband and huge drag. It makes just under 1000 peak hp, but the average hp over the entire rev range is maybe 400-500 or something. If you want acceleration, you need to set up your gears so that the engine is at an RPM that is near peak power RPM. You can see power vs RPM in the tuning screen.

I know the Escudo has a powerband with a spike at 6500 RPM, but I meant for all cars that the OP might have similar problems with I also mentioned that it could possibly be turbo lag. I don't know which cars have noticeable turbo lag, but all cars with a turbo have turbo lag no matter how small the lag time or how long. I know few cars with a peaky powerband.

I'm not saying that specifically that the Escudo has turbo lag.

I don't know if GT5 has turbo lag or not since I never experimented turbo lag with certain cars. I just drive them.
 
The huge wing man!

If your trying to push it to 250 that wing is like a parachute!
 
I know the Escudo has a powerband with a spike at 6500 RPM, but I meant for all cars that the OP might have similar problems with I also mentioned that it could possibly be turbo lag. I don't know which cars have noticeable turbo lag, but all cars with a turbo have turbo lag no matter how small the lag time or how long. I know few cars with a peaky powerband.

I'm not saying that specifically that the Escudo has turbo lag.

I don't know if GT5 has turbo lag or not since I never experimented turbo lag with certain cars. I just drive them.

My post was not aimed at you directly. And while real cars do have turbo lag, GT5 does not simulate it, so it doesn't make sense to bring it up when talking about cars in game.

i usually have it at shorter gears but in races like the indy 500 in "like the wind" i have to set the top speed to 250 and thats were its at its worse is there a way to fix it? if not thanks for the help

The Escudo is horrible for all top speed events because of drag and because it would require gearing that would take the engine away from peak RPM. The Escudo only really makes sense on low speed tracks.
 
You could probably stack the upper gears in a way that it would stay in the powerband at higher speeds (and the cost of no low-speed power). The issue would be that even then, the car simply isn't designed to do that kind of thing and you would be much better off with any LMP or Group C car.
 
My Suzuki Dirt Trial Car has been tuned with all of the turbo kits in GT5 and whenever i race sometimes it will go to full speed fast but other times it will just stick in one speed and slow down in turns and stay there until it reaches 170 MPH is this usual or unusual? if it is why does that happen? and what can i do to fix it?

Thanks, TheUntoldStory

Something to check is what aids you are using, how strong are they set, and what conditions are you driving in? diff settings vs. traction control vs. suspension/grip can all combine to kill high HP; ANY aid that "helps" you keep the car on the road can affect acceleration and the effect is highly dependent upon racing surface.
 
People have forgot to mention also that this is not a typical track car. It's a rally car, just look at the name. That said it won't do what the other cars in that race can do. Just because it has 1000hp doesn't make it fast.
 
People have forgot to mention also that this is not a typical track car. It's a rally car, just look at the name. That said it won't do what the other cars in that race can do. Just because it has 1000hp doesn't make it fast.

Spoilsport :lol: You should have seen all the races this car was my ace-in-the-hole for in previous GTs :lol: In truth, PD seems to have caught on to that and made this version slightly less versatile :cheers:
 
People have forgot to mention also that this is not a typical track car. It's a rally car, just look at the name. That said it won't do what the other cars in that race can do. Just because it has 1000hp doesn't make it fast.

While this may be true for the top speed races (like the wind) a detuned escudo is actually very good on circuits, like the nurburgring. I believe at about 650 pp, was a bliss to drive

low top speed though, obviously
 
Back