Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car

• Thread starter Kesl
  • 22 comments
Hi all, I am starting this thread to see what people have achieved with this car setup wise and also to see where people stand with this car. I am falling in love with this car. Please, discuss.

Well, thats a decent thread starter. I personally use the Escodo for fun runs, but a lucky few have managed impressive top speeds with it. It was a ridiculoudly powerful car in GT3, and you could manage whe massive 'wheelie glitch' which allowed nice replays, at the least. In real life, it was used by Nobuhiro "Monster" Tajima, in the Pikes Peak international hill climb a while back. In GT3, it was called the 'Pikes Peak', even though it didn't really have a name in reality, it kept changing editions. And the fact that you could add 900bhp to it made it ridiculous. It's also a good car for drag trials. I personally can't use this car on tracks, but it's still fun on dirt. :)

I've gonne and set it up on medium slicks and formula 1 type setup (max downforce, really closer to the ground and stiff suspension, tweak the tranny and I've got a 220mph vacuum cleaner, that gets to 150 in like 3.7sec. ridiculous.

I'm one who despises the Escudo, it might be the quickest car down the 1/4 mile but I've never got a hang of it myself. I've got a heap of other cars that are faster overall, and for something that dominated GT3, the fact it hasn't done it again in GT4 is a bit of a let down.

That being said, there are heaps of fans of it out there. 👍

I used the car in GT3 for a while because it was ridiculous fast, but it's just that.. you can't really "race" with it you can "win" or "dominate" or better yet "crash" but it's really too much car for any real competition.

Hey Mafs, I've never used this car, can you give me a quick rundown? I'm presuming it's a prize car from the Spec Con hall and is designed for rallies, and is bloody quick. Three questions:
Why do you dislike (in fact 'despise') it?
Why do you think virtually everyone else loves it?
Is it good on tarmac, and does it drive like the Rally Raid car as opposed to a Skyline or Evo?

Thanks mate

I think I can adequately answer for him... I suspect he dislikes it because it's revered by all the "noobs," who used it to win everything or nearly everything in GT3, when it was actually fast. Now, it's a piece of crap, understeering horribly on tarmac (due in part to GT4's modeling of 4WD cars), and doesn't have the sheer horsepower to simply blow everything else away. In fact, that horsepower completely overwhelms the tires on dirt and the car gets no traction, and if you shift up a gear to stop the wheelspin, the turbo lag makes it practically stall. It doesn't even handle well on dirt, although I suppose some of that is its way over-the-top power combined with light weight.

So it's pretty much useless, and I would say that the reason you get the impression that "virtually everyone else loves it" is because people long ago gave up on it in GT4 and stopped commenting on it, except for those aforementioned GT3-Escudo-worshipers.

PF
Hey Mafs, I've never used this car, can you give me a quick rundown? I'm presuming it's a prize car from the Spec Con hall and is designed for rallies, and is bloody quick. Three questions:
Is it good on tarmac, and does it drive like the Rally Raid car as opposed to a Skyline or Evo?

Thanks mate

the escudo can't turn, the handling is very bad, that why someone don't like it, it's only good for the race with wall.
it's definitively not good on tarmac, if you put soft tire you can got good handling but the tire wear like hell.

Even though Austin's pretty much got a good summary of it, I'll put it in my own way too. ;)

PF
Hey Mafs, I've never used this car, can you give me a quick rundown? I'm presuming it's a prize car from the Spec Con hall and is designed for rallies, and is bloody quick.
It is a prize car from one of the events, can't remember which, it was a long while ago. :embarrassed: It is very quick, being the quickest race car over 400m & 1000m.

Three questions:
The modelling changed drastically, especially with the handling and power delivery. I used to love a stock Escudo in GT3....I hate it in stock form in GT4, the turbo lag has been exaggerated in my opinion and it only gets worse when you stick a huge turbo on it for 1/4 mile runs. Then when you are adjusting for 1/4 mile action, the amount of work that you need to do to get a half decent time is ridiculous. :yuck: Also, its Top Speed is nowhere where it was, as it's become a ridiculously hard car to get 300mph in.

Like Austin said, only the GT3-Escudo fanboys love it. Anyone who's had a decent drive of it will tell you it's an annoying P.O.S.!! Even on a race like Like The Wind, it's fast but it wants to cross ends on itself a fair bit.
No and No. It's only good for straight line only in my opinion, and it doesn't drive like the Rally Raids (either RSC or Pajero) or any of the AWD road monsters. ;) They atleast have some power under 6000rpm. ;)

Hope it helps PF. 👍

Wow, got 3 great replies within 25 min of my post! Thanks very much, esp Austin and Mafs. I didn't play GT2 or GT3, so thanks for filling me in.

The reason this car was one of my favorites was because in GT3 it dominated, however I remember the handling being not so great. I just liked the fact of how fast it was! I havent been playing GT4 for very long. I've had the game for a couple years, started to play it and got fed up with the whole license thing, so I decided to put it down for a while. Recently though I've managed to acquire all but the super license and a few fast cars. I wont even bother with the Suzuki then in this game if the handling cant keep up with the horsepower.
Upon winning this car, can it be sold?

Ooops, my bad. What I meant was is the car worth any credits? Because as I'm finding out some are worth a boatload while others are woth absolutely nothing. Sorry for any confusion.

To tell you the truth, I never sell a car.

Why bother when 10 minutes of driving at Costa Di Amalfi Easy will win you an RSC Rally Raid worth $265k when you sell it. ;) Race, win, repeat. Get crapload of money. Buy craploads of good cars. :D

Like the underpants gnomes say.........

1.Win RSC Rally Raid Car
2. ????
3. PROFIT!! :D

I love the Escudo for simply how powerful it is, but it simply isn't a car for rally racing (in GT4 at least). I couldn't even get it up to speed in the rally races. The tyres spin all th way to the 4th gear before the traction sets in. I also have to say that the turbo lag is exaggerated in GT4, thus making it difficult in rally races.

Someone OBVIOUSLY has not watched the underpants gnomes episode of South Park. :cool:

Yeah, because the Internet broke down at my place, so I have to go to an Internet cafe, but because the computers there don't have the most up-to-date version of Macromedia flash player or whatever it's called, I can't watch it.

My IQ just lowered about 100 points after reading that. :dunce: OF COURSE IT MEANS SELL!! :lol:

Someone OBVIOUSLY has not watched the underpants gnomes episode of South Park. :cool:

Someone OBVIOUSLY has not spent enough time on the internet to realize that South Park had nothing to do with that originally. :P

Back