Suzuki Swift '05/'07 differences?

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 13 comments
Germany
Germany
KiroKai
KiroKai
What's the difference between the Suzuki Swift Sport '05 and '07? Checked both in the dealership, bought both, drove both stock. Look the same, drive the same (feel to me at least), same PP rating even. So, are there any differences about them? If not, where would be the point of including them?

I forgot to check the settings, but I guess if there are differences PD ignored them anyway, like they did with the GT-86/FR-S/BRZ family?

Two years difference :lol:

Seriously as far as I can tell the only differences I found were the torque and displacement (if I remember correctly )

I realized some things yesterday too.

I was looking at a couple of SuperGT (premium ones) cars and they are really more than the same car in a different colour (some changes are very very tiny, but they are there).

I wondered for example....what is the difference between the Motul GT-R and the Nismo GT-R. So i read the car discriptions and realized through them, oh the Motul GT-Rs lenght is a bit shorter than the Nismo, also it got about 50 HP less and weights 30kg more. I have never seen that before.

The Denso Lexus got the exhaust on a different location than the oders.....one NSX also is 30kg heavier (think it is the Takata one).

The description of the Swift '05 is the same as the '07 one... and it doesn't tell specific differences between them.

I was looking at a couple of SuperGT (premium ones) cars and they are really more than the same car in a different colour (some changes are very very tiny, but they are there).

I wondered for example....what is the difference between the Motul GT-R and the Nismo GT-R. So i read the car discriptions and realized through them, oh the Motul GT-Rs lenght is a bit shorter than the Nismo, also it got about 50 HP less and weights 30kg more. I have never seen that before.

The Denso Lexus got the exhaust on a different location than the oders.....one NSX also is 30kg heavier (think it is the Takata one).

No they all have very noticeable differences , vent placement etc etc.. There very alike but then again PD modeled them exactly as they are in real life, they did not pull a copy livery deal like forza did 👍

Crowood

The weight differences can be put down to the parity system used in Super GT. If a car consistently performs well, weight will be added to give bring its performance down a little.

I remember I did some testing on the RKM tune for the Suzuki Swift. Using the same parts and tune, the 2005 was a significantly better car than the 2007... so there are some differences.
In that test, starting both cars brand new, the 2007 ended up with 7 more HP, but 1 less PP (same weight). On Trial Mountain, with that tune, I was over 2 seconds faster in the 2005. The 2005 just seemed more planted, with less FWD understeer than the 2007.

I tried the Suzuki Swift Sport versions on the Speed Test on Route X and came to the result that the '07 Swift is about 0.1-0.2 faster in every measured aspect. It was also 2 km/h faster top speed wise. Maybe the reason for the decrease of 4PP compared to the '05 one is that the air resistance is less? Since all other specs and the car body seem to be basically the same this seems to be the reason.

Right? :sly:

Interestingly, in GT6 PD added an explanatory paragraph to both cars' descriptions, explaining the raised redline, cross ratio gearbox, available ESP, improved build quality and reduced red interior trim parts of the '07. Perhaps they read these forums more than we think :dopey:

Back