prisonermonkeys

Be Fearless
Premium
Peru
Hammerhead Garage
An original design:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=6769468&rf=1

Why is it perfect for Gran Turismo?

Because Sydney is the most poorly-designed city in the world. Once the colony had been established, the city gradually started to grow, and there was no real thought put into it - new areas were developed as needed, when needed, with no real planning beyond "that bit of land will do the job". The end result is a confusing labyrinth of roads, and by the time the mistake was realised, it was too late to do anything about it, thereby forcing urban planners to get creative in solving traffic congestion and had the unintended side effect of creating all manner of useable roads for racing.

My kind of street course! I should throw my Irish GP Dublin street circuit up here :lol:

Sydney city planning sounds like Kelowna city planning...we're just 50 years behind where Syndey is today.

An original design:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=6769468&rf=1

Why is it perfect for Gran Turismo?

Because Sydney is the most poorly-designed city in the world. Once the colony had been established, the city gradually started to grow, and there was no real thought put into it - new areas were developed as needed, when needed, with no real planning beyond "that bit of land will do the job". The end result is a confusing labyrinth of roads, and by the time the mistake was realised, it was too late to do anything about it, thereby forcing urban planners to get creative in solving traffic congestion and had the unintended side effect of creating all manner of useable roads for racing.

Sydney was my home town. The Xbox (original) game Project Gotham Racing 2 had Sydney tracks in the Rocks area, and Argyle St. Took me back to my days working for IBM at 168 Kent Street when I used to park in these streets.

PGR2 worked on an Xbox 360 in compatibility mode. No force feedback, but it was fun, even if the "physics" we're not quite "realistic".

I deliberately avoided the foreshore and Barangaroo for that very reason. Also, the entire section around The Rocks and the cruise liner terminal would be single file only.

Back