Syncing problems with two PS4's

• Thread starter cbrown119
  • 5 comments
cbrown119
I have two PS4's and has anyone have a problem with the save not updating/syncing when using GT Sport on a second PS4?

The seems to "revert" back to an earlier time, even though everything is saved on the same server.

Right now, I have been using primarily PS4 #1 when playing GT Sport. I have obtained all golds in driving school (finally, after a lot of effort and frustrations) and 33% gold of the missions. PS4 #1 is hard to get to since the wife likes watching TV on the big screen. So, now I'm afraid to turn on the PS4 #2 because it might "revert" back to an earlier time. This has happened earlier, and it ended up "changing" both PS4's to the earlier save...that sucked.

I tried the PS4 #2 last Sunday and all of the mission progress was gone and I still had the final driving school to complete. Lets say that I panicked a little bit and "kicked" the wife off the big screen tv while I checked PS4 #1. Luckily, that one had my current progress.

I haven't turned on PS4 #2 since....and I don't have access to PS4 #1.

I was under the impression that ALL progress in Sport saves to the mighty server in the sky...It shouldn't matter what ps4 you are using - it's all downloaded from the same place, right?

What can I do to keep both PS4's synced to the same progress? I have PS+, I can upload data on the PS4 #1 to a the cloud, but doesn't that only work with conventional games that are not online 100%?

Any solutions or tips?

They both are in "rest mode" thinking that they can update and talk to each other during the night....

Thanks

I am definitely having syncing issues running two PS4's, I have one through the weekend & the other through the week (different locations). 1st week I thought is was because I'd left both in suspend mode, hence because the game was in progress it couldn't update progress on the other machine. So the following weekend ensured that both had hit the save button before closing down. Upon opening the other machine noticed immediately the money was different , the daily cars updated on the roulette wheel giving me exactly what I'd won on the other machine for the missing days. However in achievements all progress through the weekend had not been updated to the other machine, so number of race wins differed & number of race entries etc. Also the challenges did not have the golds, yet it had recorded & showed the time from the other machine as a gold winning time (in the league table not the best time next to gold, silver, bronze times) I am certain it is to do with PS+ and which one is your primary & I assume you'll have to do a usb save for the other machine & download the save data onto the other machine. Will try that this weekend.

Solved.
I figured it out last night. Cloud saves/usb saves from one machine to the other.
I wonder what is the point of the server save if it doesn’t use the most updated data??

Exactly this. If you do a manual save before you quit on either system it should be fine.

Solved.
I figured it out last night. Cloud saves/usb saves from one machine to the other.
I wonder what is the point of the server save if it doesn’t use the most updated data??

Doesn’t seem the save feature does much, purchased cars, credits created on one PS4 don’t carry over to the other PS4, livery’s created on one PS4 are shown, but are not accessible in the livery editor on the other PS4.

The only way I’ve found to have the completely synced the game is to go into the PS4 settings/application saved data management and upload the latest game progress to the cloud and then on the other PS4, download from the cloud. Do this back and forth. In my case I have one PS4 in my office in which I use to create Livery's and scapes, the other is at my racing rig which I do all my driving.

Back