T - 150 has developed a 'coggy' feel.

• Thread starter Docker Al
  • 7 comments
Australia
Perth
As the title says my thrustmaster 150 has developed a strange coggy sensation. As you turn it you can feel it clicking through the cogs of a gear, or that's how it feels. While playing the other night it suddenly (mid race) went back to its normal smooth feel for quite some time before returning to the 'coggy' feel.
It still functions and the FFB works normally but it just feels awful.

Anyone familiar with this issue?

Are you running with the latest firmware on the wheel?

I had a separate issue with power cutting out on mine - after contacting Thrustmaster they took it for inspection and sent me a new wheel, so if you are still covered under warranty best bet is to get in contact with them!

As the title says my thrustmaster 150 has developed a strange coggy sensation. As you turn it you can feel it clicking through the cogs of a gear, or that's how it feels. While playing the other night it suddenly (mid race) went back to its normal smooth feel for quite some time before returning to the 'coggy' feel.

I'm experiencing this with my T300RS. Just started happening!

My wheel had something like that.I can not claim that yours has the same problem.
(the red thing on the head of the bolts is threadlocker)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ack-racing-wheels.334012/page-9#post-11678533

Last edited:
I had this happening in GTS on my t150, but it worked fine on Dirt4 and AC. It eventually went away so I have no idea what's the cause.

I just bought one on Amazon and it will be delivered tomorrow. What is the standard warrenty on these things, 1 year? Also should I update or attempt to update the firmware tomorrow when I get it?

Latest firmware installed. Playing right now and same thing happening. Felt 'coggy' and just came good.

What torque and FFBS are you running? I only ask because mine feels a little goggy when set on low FFBS. I have that set to 10 and torque on 3 and it feels smooth and quiet.

Sorry, been working and unable to reply. Everything set to factory settings. The coggy, grindy feel continues to come and go.

Re: the warranty it's 12 months where I live in Australia so I will probably try to return it to the retailer & see what happens.

Back